• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Chromecast+HDMI+Streaming+Media+Player/9071056.p?id=1219013308425&skuId=9071056&st=9071056&cp=1&lp=1 
Chromecast is the easy way to enjoy online video and music on your TV. Plug it into any HDTV and control it with your existing smartphone, tablet, or laptop. No remotes required. Cast your favorites from Google Play, YouTube, Netflix, and Chrome* to your TV with the press of a button.What's Included

• Google Chromecast
  • HDMI extender
  • USB power cable
  • Power adapter

Best Buy
See Best Buy discounts that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

chromecast (62.11kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Back in stock!!

For those who already received the Netflix code, does the Netflix subscription start from the date of the... (more)

getchsk (Aug. 22, 2013 @ 11:17a) |

Yes, the simplest explanantion might be that the Chromecast connects your TV to your WiFi, and your device acts as the r... (more)

Pagannagap (Aug. 22, 2013 @ 11:43a) |

It sucks that the chromecast will not work easily on most College dorm network. Music and Youtube from multiple random p... (more)

flyingroach (Aug. 22, 2013 @ 1:46p) |

Where are you seeing 3 months of Netflix added back on? As far as I knew, that promo was a limited number and ran out over a week ago.

It's come back a few times. I got 3 codes last week a couple of days after the "limited time" not to mention another 3 codes from Amazon. It shows under Special Offer on the link he posted.

TSx said:   Where are you seeing 3 months of Netflix added back on? As far as I knew, that promo was a limited number and ran out over a week ago.
  Look on right side under the words Special Offer and it says 3 month netflixs. Was avalable unless it has run out already  today.

It does say, while supplies last on the Netflix offer, so you might not get it...

Edit:
 It looks like it won't be added to the cart if it's no longer available.

I just ordered one. I'll report if I do get the Netflix codes in my email.

N41

Cart/order will show 2 items:
1 GoogleChromecast Player 
1 NetflixSubscription 3-monthComp.

Thanks finally managed to get one!

thanks. mine lists the Netflix promo with it, and that's the only reason I'm getting it.

I'm not really seeing what all the hype is about yet, besides the size, it doesn't have many good points - requires an external device as the remote and  - Chromecast currently supports Netflix, YouTube, Google Play Movies, and Google Play Music. Chromecast will automatically update to work with a growing number of apps.

what they don't say is when more of those growing number of apps are coming.
no Hulu, no playon, no crackle, etc.

anyone care to enlighten me? I like new tech, but this is like a windows phone - being the last one to the party, it has limited functionality and i'll bet more than a few of us have apple TVs and/or Rokus that do more right out of the gate.

lemonhead said:   I'm not really seeing what all the hype is about yet, besides the size, it doesn't have many good points - requires an external device as the remote and  - Chromecast currently supports Netflix, YouTube, Google Play Movies, and Google Play Music. Chromecast will automatically update to work with a growing number of apps.

anyone care to enlighten me? I like new tech, but this is like a windows phone - being the last one to the party, it has limited functionality and i'll bet more than a few of us have apple TVs and/or Rokus that do more right out of the gate.

http://gigaom.com/2013/08/19/aircast-chromecast-streaming-dropbo...

Sold out !

13:28 we've received your order
13:30 your order has been cancelled

frenchy said:   13:28 we've received your order
13:30 your order has been cancelled

create multiple accounts

Fling streams videos from PC to Chromecast (no browser required)
http://liliputing.com/2013/08/fling-streams-videos-from-pc-to-ch...

Can you add multiple codes on same Netflix A/C?

I got my code for 3 accounts! 2 to sell!

sold out online

horizon6 said:   N41

Cart/order will show 2 items:
1 GoogleChromecast Player 
1 NetflixSubscription 3-monthComp.

Code received; player being shipped.

Small quantities of these made available intermittently by BB.

FWIW, I also got the Netflix code.

Ordered 3 for each of my tvs.
Got 3 codes already within 1 hour.
Not sure if they will stack

lemonhead said:   I'm not really seeing what all the hype is about yet, besides the size, it doesn't have many good points - requires an external device as the remote and  - Chromecast currently supports Netflix, YouTube, Google Play Movies, and Google Play Music. Chromecast will automatically update to work with a growing number of apps.

Let me share my situation and set-up. I managed to buy the Chromecast at Best Buy the day after it was announced.

I have a big screen in the living room, a 7" Galaxy Tab, and a last gen iPod Touch. For media, I had Dish Network as my TV provider, a subscription to Amazon Prime, and I watch movies from the computer.

The Chromecast took maybe 5 mins to set-up. I've never had or seen Netflix before though I got the free three month subscription. My TV is a 2011 model so it has some 'smart' features and apps built in though all the apps are sluggish. With the Chromecast, I can smoothly browse through Netflix on my tablet, the iPod, or my week-old Samsung S4 phone. When I see something I like, I click the Chromecast icon and hit play.

I can do this while I'm in the kitchen, walking around the house, or comfortably lying on the sofa 10ft away from the TV. The media starts playing and I can pause, fast forward, adjust volume, etc. at any time. I can start the media from the tablet, pause the stream from my phone, and then restart using my iPod. It's so flexible and easy to use that my six yr old can pick and choose his early morning weekend cartoons, and my technological challenged girlfriend can watch her TV shows.

For $35 (not even mentioning the 3 months of Netflix) it's a no-brainer. I wouldn't say it's a game-changing technology; it's more of an evolutionary step. To me, it's like what the difference must have been between the 1950s remote control with a wire between the device and the TV, to moving to an infra-red remote.

The integration of the Chromecast and Netflix is good enough that I cancelled my Dish subsciption.

Yep..sold out online

Pagannagap said:   

Let me share my situation and set-up. I managed to buy the Chromecast at Best Buy the day after it was announced.

I have a big screen in the living room, a 7" Galaxy Tab, and a last gen iPod Touch. For media, I had Dish Network as my TV provider, a subscription to Amazon Prime, and I watch movies from the computer.

The Chromecast took maybe 5 mins to set-up. I've never had or seen Netflix before though I got the free three month subscription. My TV is a 2011 model so it has some 'smart' features and apps built in though all the apps are sluggish. With the Chromecast, I can smoothly browse through Netflix on my tablet, the iPod, or my week-old Samsung S4 phone. When I see something I like, I click the Chromecast icon and hit play.

I can do this while I'm in the kitchen, walking around the house, or comfortably lying on the sofa 10ft away from the TV. The media starts playing and I can pause, fast forward, adjust volume, etc. at any time. I can start the media from the tablet, pause the stream from my phone, and then restart using my iPod. It's so flexible and easy to use that my six yr old can pick and choose his early morning weekend cartoons, and my technological challenged girlfriend can watch her TV shows.

For $35 (not even mentioning the 3 months of Netflix) it's a no-brainer. I wouldn't say it's a game-changing technology; it's more of an evolutionary step. To me, it's like what the difference must have been between the 1950s remote control with a wire between the device and the TV, to moving to an infra-red remote.

The integration of the Chromecast and Netflix is good enough that I cancelled my Dish subsciption.

That's a decent analogy actually. My question would be what happens if you're streaming from the phone and you get a call? Does it pop up on the screen a la caller ID or does it go directly into phone mode and break the connection (or does it display your "phone app" screen on your TV)? How do you take or make a call at all if it's currently connected to your TV via the Chromecast device?  I'm only asking as I used to stream from my phone via USB to HDMI wire and it was really annoying when someone called me in the middle of a movie (regardless of whether or not I wanted to answer) unless I'd already put the phone in "airplane mode" thus avoiding any call reception at all (I stopped thinking about this once I purchased an MK*** android TV stick). I assume that although your smart TV might be a bit sluggish it also avoids that issue as well since it's not connected to the phone at all...is that correct?

I keep missing out, just want to buy one already and would love to get the Netflix promo to make it a real deal.

bugsie said:    That's a decent analogy actually. My question would be what happens if you're streaming from the phone and you get a call? Does it pop up on the screen a la caller ID or does it go directly into phone mode and break the connection (or does it display your "phone app" screen on your TV)? How do you take or make a call at all if it's currently connected to your TV via the Chromecast device?  I'm only asking as I used to stream from my phone via USB to HDMI wire and it was really annoying when someone called me in the middle of a movie (regardless of whether or not I wanted to answer) unless I'd already put the phone in "airplane mode" thus avoiding any call reception at all (I stopped thinking about this once I purchased an MK*** android TV stick). I assume that although your smart TV might be a bit sluggish it also avoids that issue as well since it's not connected to the phone at all...is that correct?phone is not connected to TV. Phone just sends chromecast signals (play, pause, play this url, etc.) The phone is nothing more than a remote control which tells chromecast what to play. That's why after you start playing, you can do whatever with phone.. even shut it down, and the movie would still be playing through chromecast.

thanks

Back in stock!!

For those who already received the Netflix code, does the Netflix subscription start from the date of the order or can I start it whenever I want?

Update: Never mind. I see in the fine print that the code must be redeemed by Dec 31st.

KayK said:   
bugsie said:    That's a decent analogy actually. My question would be what happens if you're streaming from the phone and you get a call? Does it pop up on the screen a la caller ID or does it go directly into phone mode and break the connection (or does it display your "phone app" screen on your TV)? How do you take or make a call at all if it's currently connected to your TV via the Chromecast device?  I'm only asking as I used to stream from my phone via USB to HDMI wire and it was really annoying when someone called me in the middle of a movie (regardless of whether or not I wanted to answer) unless I'd already put the phone in "airplane mode" thus avoiding any call reception at all (I stopped thinking about this once I purchased an MK*** android TV stick). I assume that although your smart TV might be a bit sluggish it also avoids that issue as well since it's not connected to the phone at all...is that correct?
phone is not connected to TV. Phone just sends chromecast signals (play, pause, play this url, etc.) The phone is nothing more than a remote control which tells chromecast what to play. That's why after you start playing, you can do whatever with phone.. even shut it down, and the movie would still be playing through chromecast.

Yes, the simplest explanantion might be that the Chromecast connects your TV to your WiFi, and your device acts as the remote control. After you start the media playing, you can exit the application and use your device as normal, including switching it off. Any calls are displayed on your phone as normal; nothing shows on the TV.

I tested out streaming movies from my PC's Chrome browser and it worked well. As far as I know, you can't do this with the mobile version of Chrome though I'd imagine there's either something available by a third party or coming soon.

As the TV is merely displaying what the Chromecast sends through the HDMI port, it doesn't matter whether your TV is smart or not. The only factors affecting the quality of the signal are your WiFi and Internet connection, and Netflix/YouTube/etc service issues. I'm lucky enough to have the wireless router less than 6ft away from the TV, and my Internet connection is the solid, so the picture is as-good or usually better than I ever got with Dish.

It sucks that the chromecast will not work easily on most College dorm network. Music and Youtube from multiple random people was the hit of family gathering. Also nice that person visiting can just cast their Netflix to my tv using their account

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014