Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Suncast 100 ft. Hideaway Hose Reel-CPLPHJ100M at The Home Depot
Disclaimer

Home Depot
See Home Depot discounts that earn 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

hose reel
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

good price but terrible reviews.

2.3 / 5 stars. seems cheap in more than one way from what I can tell

I bought one of these when I moved into my house 4 years ago and threw it away a couple years later.  I just went with a cast aluminum reel, cost $80 but had excellent reviews.  No problems so far.

robsnyder22 said:   I bought one of these when I moved into my house 4 years ago and threw it away a couple years later.  I just went with a cast aluminum reel, cost $80 but had excellent reviews.  No problems so far.

I had one for two years as well before it broke. I had 20 dollar gift card at work and like what on earth am I going to even do with it. This will work for interm...

I've actually had one of these for over 5 years and it still works great. Just don't use a heavy all-rubber hose. 

I have one of these and while it barely fits my 100' Craftsman rubber hose, I could see someone with a squishier and lighter plastic hose having an easier time with it. It is fairly light and flimsy but has holes in the base at each corner so you can mount it or stake it down. What I did was bolt it to an 18"x18" paver. Now it is much more stable and easier to wind the hose back up. It comes with a leader hose that is maybe 4'-6' or so. The input connector on the side of the reel enclosure doesn't rotate so it is best to connect your leader to it first before connecting to your bib or you'll have a twisted up leader. I think I paid $20 at Menards 6 weeks ago and they were around $24 at HD at the time, so the "New Lower Price" isn't exactly HOT, but $4 is $4.

TomT said:   I've actually had one of these for over 5 years and it still works great. Just don't use a heavy all-rubber hose. 
  LOL! Yeah, my hose is a tight fit, but I'm used to hearing that.

I'd get one but need the crank and inlet on the opposite side of the reel. None that I've examined have the option to reposition the crank handle and hose inlet.

I actually saw this same deal in person at Home Depot when I was buying a hose yesterday and it's a crappy plastic one. I'd rather a big clay flowerpot to spool the hose in over this personally. It seemed super cheap and light weight.

mpattdu said:   
TomT said:   I've actually had one of these for over 5 years and it still works great. Just don't use a heavy all-rubber hose. 

Loosen your grip on your hose AND quit talking to yourself! 

mpattdu said:   

What's his name (that said that)?? lol     jk

This thing is junk and a waste of $20. I passed when I saw it in store.

I had this before I threw this away and believe me, it is a real POS. If you use it for a hose you only use once a year it might be worth it. If you plan on using it more than once a year be prepared to junk it in a couple of years...

Cheaper at Sears Outlet stores on their everyday regular prices.... if you get on their 5% off sales, even better.

It looked fairly cheap and flimsy in person. I did not buy.

I had one before and I returned it back to Home Depot...This product is cheap $$, but Bad Quality! I don't recommend people to buy it.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014