• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

iView Cortex A8 1.2GHz 512MB DDR3 4GB flash memory 4.3
Disclaimer

Newegg
See Newegg discounts that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

iview
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Got 1 with v.me by visa 10% off. Thanks.

You can get a better deal at WalMart with better specs.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/iView-IVIEW-435TPC-BK-with-WiFi-4.3-An...

8 GB memory instead of 4 here
and $34 versus $40 @Newegg. Even with tax, it came to less than $40 for me, granted I'd have to pick it up in store or buy something totaling $45 for free delivery.

Yeap, looks like a little better deal. Too bad, they've already shipped mine, in just  about 30 minutes after I placed the order.

But, the overview (above the specifications) on Newegg says:"The cutting edge Android 4.2 OS with 4.3in. capacitive touchscreen brings new levels of smooth responsiveness to your daily operation. Built-in 802.11 b/g/n wireless LAN offers you bottleneck-free bandwidth for faster access to the network. And with 8GB built-in memory, you can store plenty of pictures, movies, or documents."

The one on WalMart site says:"The 4.3" Android Tablet has built-in 802.11b/g WiFi", "Android 4.0 OS (Ice Cream Sandwich)"

The one on Newegg is  iView420TPC-CyberPad, the one from WalMart is IVIEW-435TPC-BK.
Don't know which one is not sure about their stuff. I'll have to just wait and see what they ship to me.

While I can only go with the information that was provided by the manufacturer's website, I ended up buying the one from Newegg (Needed a decent "remote" for my Chromecast). According to the iView website, the Newegg model (420tpc) appears newer than the higher model number that WalMart sells (435tpc). The Newegg model has 4.2 Jellybean for the OS compared to 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich on the WalMart one. Both appear to have the same spec hardware wise except the internal memory is 8gig for the WalMart and 4gig for the Newegg.

The point that made my decision however came from the iView in depth feature list, mostly it's the fact that the Newegg model list has Google's Play Store on it and the WalMart model doesn't. I can't say for sure if that is accurate, but if the WalMart one doesn't come with Google's Play Store that means keeping app's up to date becomes more of a pain than I prefer.

Really cheap, but note the resolution. That's pretty ghetto - 640x272.

EDIT: Nevermind - it's a 4.3"

-H

The resolution is 480 x 272 in the Newegg description. Is this enough for games, etc?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014