Make $10 with quick WSJ survey

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Saw an advert for this on the wall street journal news/ ads display in my office building's lobby. Hint: they are targeting people who work in finance.

Follow this link: wsjofficesurvey.com, plop in a few answers, and they'll cut you a check or send the money to your PayPal.

I used New York as the city, I am not sure if this offer applies elsewhere.

Wall Street Journal
See Wall Street Journal discounts that earn Up to $20.00 FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

survey
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Was wondering the same thing!

ricksgal (Sep. 18, 2013 @ 11:54p) |

where is the survey?

acromercedez (Sep. 19, 2013 @ 1:07p) |

This is the expired deals thread...

ricksgal (Sep. 19, 2013 @ 11:11p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

didn't qualify when it got to age question

Rather surprised that Charlotte isn't listed, seeing as how it is a major banking center.

I don't want to sound like a dick, but by just clicking on random stuff you are screwing up their survey results AND charging them 10 bucks for doing it. To me, that sounds a lot like stealing. Also, Memphis wasn't listed either :/
~ryan

busyryan said:   I don't want to sound like a dick, but by just clicking on random stuff you are screwing up their survey results AND charging them 10 bucks for doing it. To me, that sounds a lot like stealing. Also, Memphis wasn't listed either :/
~ryan

Sounds like a poorly designed survey that opens itself to inaccurate results.

Wow this worked for me for an office building in nyc that I work at. Short survey for the reward. Thanks op!!

Even on not qualifying it send this email, welcome to spam list?

"Thanks for participating in our recent survey. This is to confirm that you have signed up to become a member of a panel of advisors for The wall street journal Office Network. As a reminder, we will periodically send you survey invitations and you will be compensated for your participation in each survey.

If you have any questions you can reply to this email. We are glad to have you in the panel and look forward to the valuable feedback you will provide!

it work

busyryan said:   I don't want to sound like a dick, but by just clicking on random stuff you are screwing up their survey results AND charging them 10 bucks for doing it. To me, that sounds a lot like stealing. Also, Memphis wasn't listed either :/
~ryan

The only way to deal with stupid is to take advantage of it!  Irvine, CA didn't qualify..

Think young.

The WSJ geek who wrote this decided what towns they were interested in.If U did not find your city, there is NO option for city not listed...too logical for a GEEKif you are unemployed...U just wasted your time.

no luck for Chicago, il 

Thanks OP. After several attempts, finally got through to the end.

in2dadark said:   Think young.
How young?
32 was a no go.

eandtee said:   
How young?
32 was a no go.

guess under 17 and CEO..idk.

29 worked

eandtee said:   
How young?
32 was a no go.

43 worked.

[L=http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1294023/m17933647/#m17... said: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1294023/m17933647/#m17933647]but[/L] by just clicking on random stuff you are screwing up their survey results

Ryan read up on Statistical survey methodology, particularly Non-sampling error and Survey weights.

eandtee said:   
How young?
32 was a no go.

31 worked.

Made it thru the entire survey.............said I didnt qualify......................don't put 38 age.They dont like it.

~ryan

I assume the fastfood industry is going to hell, because they always give you a free burger or trinket for participating in their reciept survey, and only a homeless person on an obamaphone would actually answer that many questions for a $1 item. Hopefully these surveys producers will learn to ask the same question in a different order twice to weed out the random answers.

thanks OP! done and done!

Guys, Choose any city in NY .. choose your sector as Banking/Brokerage, Thats it.. I tried for 4 paypal emails .. all is well

in
NY NY
1040 Ave of Americas
Investment Banking
Professional
Tyco Electronics
06830 (Greenwich)
$10
Thanks OP!

My question is if I have alias for Paypal emails.. can I get money for all emails that I used for surveys or just 1 .. does WSJ knows about it?

shivain said:   I tried for 4 paypal emails .. all is well
  Sad new members like you exist to ruin it for the rest.

shivain said:   My question is if I have alias for Paypal emails.. can I get money for all emails that I used for surveys or just 1 .. does WSJ knows about it?

yes, they know. In fact, they are already preparing a cot next to Bernie Madoff for you as a Ponzi Prisoner. Prepare to meet Bubba and some other nice fellas!

So they're paying to spam you later?

Stealing from Rupert Murdoch and his editorial staff
Sounds unethical
Maybe we should check their voicemail and see if they're upset about it

One little city declares Bankruptcy, and the entire state of Michigan takes it on the chin!

45 Broadway

Thanks OP

Posted on FW around 2pm and still accepting new entries. Seems obvious that they didn't put a limit on the number of entries. Pretty good chance that I will never see that $10.

In.  Very easy.  Thanks OP!

NY NY
1040 Ave of Americas
Investment Banking
Professional
Tyco Electronics
06830 (Greenwich)

the survey is so they can find out if you are noticing the ads on their digital signs in the named buildings.
fyi: their clients are IBM, HP, hampton inn Hotels, Delta, Vanguard

This is a good use for chrome incognito windows, which also helps get around a lot of newspaper paywalls... except for WSJ of course. Ironic.

Scored one!

You have already taken this survey.

I tried retaking the survey and got this message so I opened a new Windows Incognito window and it worked.

The survey is now closed

thanks for the easy money op

Thanks op

Skipping 7 Messages...
This is the expired deals thread...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014