• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I piicked up a SeaGate FreeAgent 2TB USB 3.0 drive at my local Office Depot for $24.93, clearance marked from $99.99, they had 2 in stock.

SKU is 412476, use this for inventory check (change XXXXX to your zip code):Code:http://www.officedepot.com/ajaxhtml/storeAvailability.do?skuId=4...

Office Depot
See Office Depot promo codes that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex Desk 2 TB USB 3.0
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Probably true. Seagate had their FreeAgent series drives, then their GoFlex, and now their Expansion drives.

VirtuaL (Aug. 25, 2013 @ 6:49p) |

Thanks for posting! Too bad both drives not in stock anywhere near me. BTW, your tables were driving me crazy, so I fix... (more)

triamarker (Aug. 26, 2013 @ 9:43p) |

Thx OP.
Last night I got the last 2 in th Carson City, NV. The employees were upset that they didn't know about the deal ... (more)

FatMattE (Aug. 27, 2013 @ 2:13a) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Nice find. unfortunately out of stock everywhere near me.

OOS in DFW

Didn't even cut & paste it right from SD...
12 hours later and the link is still cut & paste incorrectly from SD and does not work.
Jeez OK I'll do it already.............

From SD:

"Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex Desk 2 TB USB 3.0 - $24.93 Office Depot B&M YMMV... Did a quick search and didn't see any mentions:

Just picked up a SeaGate FreeAgent 2TB USB 3.0 drive at my local Office Depot for $24.93, clearance marked from $99.99, they had 2 in stock.

SKU is 412476, use this for inventory check..."
http://www.officedepot.com/ajaxhtml/storeAvailability.do?skuId=412476  

OOS for me -- Out Of Store.  No Office Depots in my state, despite Office Depot having a shipping center only 20 miles away. 

got 1 in stock 3 miles away

that's a big markdown, nice find! I'm sure my OD will not have them marked down that far or the employees will buy them out =<

In Houston area, there is 1 in stock at GULF FWY & EDGEBROOK DR HOUSTON, TX 77034, Phone# (713) 947-7590

Called the store, was told it's a display item, gave up.

Reminds me of several yrs. ago when OD had the large business printers and 19" CRT
monitors with big markdowns, coupons, and rebates for around $25 each after everything.
Each store only had a few and  some would hold an item when I called.

None in the entire state of Colorado

Nothing in central NJ... boo

Local store showed one in stock.
Only about a mile away so got down there and looked around. 
One customer was talking to the OD sales boy and was telling him how he had called 10 minutes prior and they told him they had it.
It was clear OS sales boy had it set back. 
He went to help someone else so I figured I would try a end run and get a girl up front to go into the magical lock up room where the good stuff is kept.
She made the mistake of telling another girl up front what she was going to check on.
Sales boy heard "Seagate external hard drive" and with a concerned look promptly left the customer he was with to go into the magical lock up room with the girl that was looking.
Few minutes later the girl up front gets message from magical lock up room that they don't have it.
Imagine that.

Aaaaand this would be why you DO NOT CALL.

wow, this is exactly the kind of post that inevitably results in what my friends call a KLPD - if you know Hindi, you know what that means.

rushhound said:   Local store showed one in stock.
Only about a mile away so got down there and looked around. 
One customer was talking to the OD sales boy and was telling him how he had called 10 minutes prior and they told him they had it.
It was clear OS sales boy had it set back. 
He went to help someone else so I figured I would try a end run and get a girl up front to go into the magical lock up room where the good stuff is kept.
She made the mistake of telling another girl up front what she was going to check on.
Sales boy heard "Seagate external hard drive" and with a concerned look promptly left the customer he was with to go into the magical lock up room with the girl that was looking.
Few minutes later the girl up front gets message from magical lock up room that they don't have it.
Imagine that.

Aaaaand this would be why you DO NOT CALL.

What City?

So if there were 2 in stock you just bought one? Lol jk great deal if you can find one!

they also had a 3tb marked down
950523 DRIVE,EXT,3TB,BLK 129.99   SS

Clearance -65.07  

You Pay   64.92 SSSS

Subtotal: 64.92  

Sales Tax:       5.68  

Total: 70.60  

Debit Card : 70.60  

took one in san jose

Inventory checker is not working.

Dano

in for one

All those complaining about the inventory link not working should at least read the OPs post - replace the xxxxx in the link with your own zip code!

OOS in Richmond, VA.

icewinsagain said:   they also had a 3tb marked down

950523 DRIVE,EXT,3TB,BLK 129.99   SS

Clearance -65.07  

You Pay   64.92 SSSS

Subtotal: 64.92  

Sales Tax:       5.68  

Total: 70.60  

Debit Card : 70.60  

took one in san jose

They have one next to my so I went there and is $129. They claim each store can have their one special. Is that true?

Nice find.  Thanks for posting.

So once I click on the link it gives me this, "Attention:

Sorry, we have encountered a technical problem. Please try again."

Can anyone help me? Much appreciated.

jonathanawolfe said:   So once I click on the link it gives me this, "Attention:

Sorry, we have encountered a technical problem. Please try again."

Can anyone help me? Much appreciated.

Did you read the instructions ?

thanks OP, got one in southwest florida. The manager sent one of the workers to go get it from the magical lockup room referred to above. The worker looked very annoyed to go get it, perhaps they wanted it for themselves (why else wouldn't they keep it on the shelf with the other drives?)

the store i went the mgr told me this item was discontinue last year in Feb 12, is this true ?

acidburn88888888 said:   the store i went the mgr told me this item was discontinue last year in Feb 12, is this true ?
 For $25, who cares if it was ?

acidburn88888888 said:   the store i went the mgr told me this item was discontinue last year in Feb 12, is this true ?
That's alarming. I would be very concerned if this is true....I wouldn't want hard drives that are past their expiration date.

I was fortunate enough to pick up four of these. 8TB for $100 is not bad. I will actually use these to help me have three copies of all my media.

Probably true. Seagate had their FreeAgent series drives, then their GoFlex, and now their Expansion drives.

icewinsagain said:   they also had a 3tb marked down

950523 DRIVE,EXT,3TB,BLK 129.99 SS
  Clearance -65.07
  You Pay 64.92 SSSS
Subtotal:   64.92
Sales Tax:   5.68
Total:   70.60
Debit Card :   70.60

took one in san jose

Thanks for posting! Too bad both drives not in stock anywhere near me. BTW, your tables were driving me crazy, so I fixed for you.

Thx OP.
Last night I got the last 2 in th Carson City, NV. The employees were upset that they didn't know about the deal 1st, and wanted me to "share". Good thing I didn't call.  
Tonight I got the last one in Reno.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014