• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Seems to be ~$30 cheaper than the deal I posted last week - I know nothing about this seller, though. 

Link
Smith & Wesson’s new M&P SHIELD™ is a slim, concealable, lightweight, striker-fired polymer pistol. Available in 9mm and .40 S&W, the new M&P SHIELD features a slim design combined with the proven and trusted features found in the M&P Pistol Series.
Caliber: 9mm
Capacity: 7 Round & 8 Round
Action: Striker Fire
Barrel Length: 3.1" / 7.874 cm
Front Sight: White Dot
Rear Sight: White 2-Dot
Overall Length: 6.1" / 15.5 cm
Frame Width: .95" / 2.413 cm
Overall Height: 4.6" / 11.684 cm
Weight: 19.0 oz / 538.7 g
Frame Material: Polymer
Barrel/Slide Finish: Black Melonite® 68 HRc
Trigger Pull: 6.5 lbs. +/-
Sight Radius: 5.3" / 13.3 cm

Member Summary

S&W M&P Shield compact 9mm pistol
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

seems like legit company but with some complains about their service. Good price though, probably worth trying.
No sales tax in TX. Green to OP.

M P Shield Safety Alert - Smith Wesson
Disclaimer
A consumer safety alert (not quite a recall) is currently affecting  this pistol ...

http://smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Category4_750001_750051_791654_-1_757978_757978_image

nice!!

Can someone explain the advantage of this over a M&P 9c for me?

1/3 of an inch less thick, that's really about it. makes it easier to conceal if that is a legal option for you.

dzer0 said:   Can someone explain the advantage of this over a M&P 9c for me?

There are none that a good holster and gun belt can't fix. M&P 9C is heavier and holds more rounds. Worth the trade off. 

In before someone stupidly says, "if you need that many rounds... blah" 

I'll gladly take 12 rounds to 7/8.

jarhead6153 said:   A consumer safety alert (not quite a recall) is currently affecting  this pistol ...

http://smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Category4_750001_750051_791654_-1_757978_757978_image

I have one and several I know have them and have had zero issues with the gun. None of them are affected by this so called safety issue. It sounds a lot worse than it is IMO.

Not quite sure how they think a trigger safety on a gun that has a 7-8 lb trigger pull can malfunction and cause the gun to go off if its dropped. But what do I know, I have only had my shield completely apart and modded the sear, striker block and trigger bar several times.

Nice price and reputable seller.

ghostofdavid said:   
dzer0 said:   Can someone explain the advantage of this over a M&P 9c for me?

There are none that a good holster and gun belt can't fix. M&P 9C is heavier and holds more rounds. Worth the trade off. 

In before someone stupidly says, "if you need that many rounds... blah" 

I'll gladly take 12 rounds to 7/8.

I actually carry the 9c concealed carry daily.  I use the M&P FULL size 17 round magazine in mine.

str8liner said: Not quite sure how they think a trigger safety on a gun that has a 7-8 lb trigger pull can malfunction and cause the gun to go off if its dropped.

because the lawyers say it can.

Thanks for posting!

more serious recall from Springfield Armory

http://www.springfieldrecall.com/

Great! And I just paid almost $500.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014