• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.staples.com/Gifts-Gift-Cards/cat_SC1699   

Free $10 ePromo Card for each $50 eGift Card purchased. Online only. Ends 9/8/13. ePromo Card expires 9/22/13. Limit total 4 ePromo cards.

Reward Terms and Details
For every $50 in eGift Cards you purchase receive a $10 ePromotional Card!
Limit a total of 4 ePromo cards.
Limit one ePromo card per in-store transaction.
ePromotional Card offer valid from 8/25/13 through 9/8/13 while supplies last.
EPROMO CARD EXPIRES ON 9/22/13.

Please remember Staples eGift Card and ePromo Card are misnomers and can only be used B&M.

Staples
Need a Staples coupon that earns Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Just curious. If you use one of these $10 promo cards and later end up returning the item. Does it work just like any ot... (more)

MrVietnam (Aug. 29, 2013 @ 6:25p) |

I had to do a return/rebuy due to a register fubar (see weekly Staples thread if you're interested in the details).  I p... (more)

labboypro (Aug. 29, 2013 @ 6:58p) |

I just got the $8 from Ebates in my account, after sending them my email order confirmation.

1brooklyn1 (Sep. 10, 2013 @ 8:37p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Cool, I missed this deal last time. I want to use up my Visa rebate cards from Newegg deals. Anybody know if it's possible to use multiple cards on one online order and if so what's the limit? For example, let's say I have a $30, $25, $17, $28 and $10 Visa rebate cards. Could I buy 2 $50 Staples eGCs with all those in one order?

Does the purchase of gift cards count towards reward spend?

F123456 said:   Does the purchase of gift cards count towards reward spend?

no, but they do count when you redeem them.

MISTERCHEAP said:   

Does e-gift card expire, or it is used just like a regular giftcard?

niniss said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   

Main EGC does NOT expire. the promo $10 cards expire on 9/22, so use have about 4 weeks to spend those. According to the T&C it's limit 1 per transaction, whether or not that is actually the case at the register remains to be seen.

FYI: You can combine/split card amounts when you purchase. The last time around I purchased $40 eGC, $40 eGC, and $20 eGC. I then received $20 in promo eGC (can't remember if it was 1x$20 or 2x$20.)

Thanks op, was looking hoping for a $10 off $50 this week, this is just about as good.

MISTERCHEAP said:   
niniss said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   

Main EGC does NOT expire. the promo $10 cards expire on 9/22, so use have about 4 weeks to spend those. According to the T&C it's limit 1 per transaction, whether or not that is actually the case at the register remains to be seen. 

Thanks MisterC.  Just ordered one and hope they will send me early enough so i can use it today.    I suppose it will look like a coupon? 

Cool - was hoping for a good deal at one of the office stores this week and this works great for me

triamarker said:   Cool, I missed this deal last time. I want to use up my Visa rebate cards from Newegg deals. Anybody know if it's possible to use multiple cards on one online order and if so what's the limit? For example, let's say I have a $30, $25, $17, $28 and $10 Visa rebate cards. Could I buy 2 $50 Staples eGCs with all those in one order?
  This is not likely to be a good use for what you want.You can only use a single payment method per transaction.

I'm in for 4.

Thanks oh Cheap one. Mine came instantly like last time. Perfect timing, only a few dollars left from last time.

EDIT: I used multiple ones last time but does say limit one on the printout.

EDIT again: Plenty of freebies today. Multiple transactions will be an option.

Does this count as a office supply store purchase with the Chase Ink card? The links goes to cashstar.com domain, not Staples.com

flowindex said:   Does this count as a office supply store purchase with the Chase Ink card? The links goes to cashstar.com domain, not Staples.com
  I looked at my Chase Ink statement from the last time Staples had this offer and I did not receive 5% on this purchase just 1%. Thanks for bringing this up. I was just trying to decide which card to use to purchase these.

Does anyone know if I can order at kisok with pay at register option ?

Thanks

Scifiguy123 said:   
flowindex said:   Does this count as a office supply store purchase with the Chase Ink card? The links goes to cashstar.com domain, not Staples.com
  I looked at my Chase Ink statement from the last time Staples had this offer and I did not receive 5% on this purchase just 1%. Thanks for bringing this up. I was just trying to decide which card to use to purchase these.

If anybody has any of those $100 or $200 gift cards from prior Staples deals you can use those. Staples just keeps on giving. Thanks OP.

4x for me.  This was easy peasy money last time.

Scifiguy123 said:   

That's because you are NOT buying these from Staples.com but from Cashstar who is selling the EGC. Look at your CC statement, the charge is from them, not Staples or Staples.com.

That is also why you can't do this deal at the kiosk in store.

Scifiguy123 said:   
Scifiguy123 said:   

If anybody has any of those $100 or $200 gift cards from prior Staples deals you can use those. Staples just keeps on giving. Thanks OP.

Are you saying I can use Staples gift cards to buy these? Deal is online only.

mlf50 said:   
Scifiguy123 said:   
Scifiguy123 said:   

Are you saying I can use Staples gift cards to buy these? Deal is online only.

no, can't use GC's to buy these at all. Have to use a credit card online only/

Thanks Mr. C

In for $200 again. Just can't pass up free money

I meant any of those $100 or $200 Visa or MC gift said: cards that were purchased on prior Staples deals. Sorry for the confusion.]I meant any of those $100 or $200 Visa or MC gift cards that were purchased on prior Staples deals. Sorry for the confusion.
Man, I got to learn how to use this new message system. What I meant to say is you can use any of those $100/$200 Visa or MC gift cards from prior Staples deals. Some have asked what to use these for. This seems like the perfect use.

Thanks ! In 4 4

Awesome, thank you so much!

It's interesting that on the first page it says Limit one Promo Card per purchase but T&C says 5 per purchase.
Staples said: Terms and Conditions: This Staples ePromotional Card will expire. See Staples ePromotional Card for date of expiration. ePromotional Cards are distributed by third party vendor CashStar, Inc. (“CashStar”). Staples reserves the right to not honor ePromotional Cards obtained from unauthorized sellers, including Internet auction sites. ePromotional Cards cannot be reloaded, resold, transferred for value, or redeemed for cash, except to the extent required by law. Void if reloaded, resold, transferred for value, or redeemed for cash. Unused ePromotional Cards may not be transferred. ePromotional Cards are subject to Staples’ Customer Personal Information Privacy Policy. Ownership and risk of loss passes to you when CashStar sends a confirmation email to you. Neither Staples nor CashStar are responsible for lost or stolen ePromotional Cards. ePromotional Cards may be used only in Staples U.S. retail stores. ePromotional Cards cannot be used for credit card payments or to purchase other gift cards (including Staples gift cards) or wireless cards. Not redeemable for cash or credit except where required by law. No more than five ePromotional Cards may be used for any single purchase. ePromotional Cards may not be consolidated. If you suspect that someone has copied or stolen your ePromotional Card, contact Customer Support immediately. Please have your order number and email address available.

Already bought $400 worth of GCs with $80 worth of Promo Cards. Good for meeting the spending requirements for my chase SW RR card.
Thinking of buying more but the expiration date of Sept 22nd.

If I purchase a $200 eGC does that mean I receive $40 in credits? Or is it $50x4 that triggers the promo?

Edit: answered my own question. 200x1 works.

ShakuniMama said:   Already bought $400 worth of GCs with $80 worth of Promo Cards. Good for meeting the spending requirements for my chase SW RR card.

On one account/email address?  Or did you break up to get past the 4x limit?

Make sure you get the eGC back from the cashier if there's a balance on it after purchase.  I just returned from store where cashier INSISTED it would print out a "balance coupon" on register receipt... even after I reminded her this was a GC, not Rewards.  It, of course, did NOT print out a balance coupon because the balance remains on the GC.

labboypro said:   Make sure you get the eGC back from the cashier if there's a balance on it after purchase.  I just returned from store where cashier INSISTED it would print out a "balance coupon" on register receipt... even after I reminded her this was a GC, not Rewards.  It, of course, did NOT print out a balance coupon because the balance remains on the GC.

along that line, your remaining balance on the egc will actually print on the store receipt so you can keep track of how much credit you have left to use.

MISTERCHEAP said:   
labboypro said:   Make sure you get the eGC back from the cashier if there's a balance on it after purchase.  I just returned from store where cashier INSISTED it would print out a "balance coupon" on register receipt... even after I reminded her this was a GC, not Rewards.  It, of course, did NOT print out a balance coupon because the balance remains on the GC.

along that line, your remaining balance on the egc will actually print on the store receipt so you can keep track of how much credit you have left to use.

True, but only as a reference.  It doesn't have the full eGC number, so can't be used for purchase.

Nice

labboypro said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   

True, but only as a reference.  It doesn't have the full eGC number, so can't be used for purchase.

no, but if you want to have the amount handy for reference, you can write it on the actual egc print out so you know what you've got remaining to use on it.

ShakuniMama said:   Already bought $400 worth of GCs with $80 worth of Promo Cards. Good for meeting the spending requirements for my chase SW RR card.

you can easily monetize the $10 promo cards this week with about $80 in ez rebates with all free stuff being limit 4.

labboypro said:   

Yes, did two separate transitions using same CC & Email.
You don't have to have an "account" since it is not a Staples transaction.

Scifiguy123 said:   
I meant any of those $100 or $200 Visa or MC gift said: cards that were purchased on prior Staples deals. Sorry for the confusion.]I meant any of those $100 or $200 Visa or MC gift cards that were purchased on prior Staples deals. Sorry for the confusion.
Man, I got to learn how to use this new message system. What I meant to say is you can use any of those $100/$200 Visa or MC gift cards from prior Staples deals. Some have asked what to use these for. This seems like the perfect use.

I tried to use the 200 dollar Master card and it was rejected. 

ShakuniMama said:   
labboypro said:   

right, limit 4 applies to the max per order. Can just do what Mama did and repeat the process for 4 more. The challenge is just being sure you can burn all the promo cards you get by 9/22, but 8 is hardly a problem this week. The EGC's for $200 ea won't expire, ever. Black Friday is only about 12 weeks away!

MISTERCHEAP said:   
ShakuniMama said:   
labboypro said:   

right, limit 4 applies to the max per order. Can just do what Mama did and repeat the process for 4 more. The challenge is just being sure you can burn all the promo cards you get by 9/22, but 8 is hardly a problem this week. The EGC's for $200 ea won't expire, ever. Black Friday is only about 12 weeks away!

Or you can buy something with those Promo cards and return them to get a Staples Gift Card if FAR deals doesn't pop-up in next 4 weeks.
I think I'll buy another $200 worth GCs with $40 Promo. Should't be difficult to burn in next 4 weeks.

Texas8 said:   
Scifiguy123 said:   

I tried to use the 200 dollar Master card and it was rejected. 

Did you register it online?

anybody know if these transactions will come through as office supplies so I'll get the 5% back on my discover card? If not its really only a $7.50 MM per $50 since I'll lose the 5%.

Skipping 79 Messages...
billrubin said:   
1brooklyn1 said:   If i don't get the CB, I plan on contacting ebates
And when they ask you for your Staples order number and you give them a Cashstar order number instead. how do you think they will respond?

If it wasn't clear enough for you, the order was not placed at Staples.com. I don't care where you started.

I just got the $8 from Ebates in my account, after sending them my email order confirmation.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014