• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Best Buy
See Best Buy discounts that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Insignia - 5-Disc CD Changer (60.01kB)
Thanks djrsn00
Disclaimer
Staff Summary

Maybe $44?

to borrow a line, do you have to get in a time machine to use this thing? I thought these were a thing of the past.

They must have just found a hidden stack in a warehouse

If you are old-school who have many CDs around, it is still very useful, esp. for the price

A great price for something I don't need.

CDs???? Are you kidding me?? Best Buy is such a joke.

250 bucks.  That's what I paid for the one I bought, maybe 1998.

Lots of people still have lots of CDs, and aren't going to change anytime soon, if ever.  This is a great buy for them, or for anyone else wanting to purchase a player for those people.  I still have hundreds of CDs, all of them MP3'd but I still do have them, and I still purchase CDs, which I can mostly get used on fleabay or most anywhere else for half price or less, and them MP3 those.  I flat refuse to suck up to crApple iLoonyTunes and pay a buck -- or more -- for digitized songs, esp if I already own them on CD.  Ridiculous.  It's to laugh...

Long-winded way to say that lots of people will use this thing and it should be here on Hot Deals, because it is a Hot Deal if you're looking for one.

Green.

I'm still using vinyl!

Especially when the CD can be had for less than the price of the MP3 download. Having the CD also gives me the option to re-rip at any bit rate I need, without any third party wartermarking, encryption or content management. Very handy in this age where tech savvy users can have anywhere between 2 to 10 or more playable devices. I have at least one purchased MP3 album that's no longer downloadable and I have no clue where it was originally downloaded to. Granted it's not something I listen to much anymore if at all, but still I paid for it and if it had been a CD, I'd still have it along with the others on the shelf to trade in even if it's only for a buck.

KuoH

AusTex Deal Seeker said:   Lots of people still have lots of CDs, and aren't going to change anytime soon, if ever.

Funny, I just saw one of these on an old internet video and it brought me back to my college days...25 years ago...when I coveted one of these.

Hornrw said:   to borrow a line, do you have to get in a time machine to use this thing? I thought these were a thing of the past.

Not at all. CDs are obviously still made and LPs also still continue to be released. There's a substantial collectors market for media as long they didn't press hundreds of thousands. Check out discogs.com to see what things sell for. It's an eye opener. Even CDs hold value and increase in value. Most people that are really into music want to own physical media. Vinyl especially is much more satisfying to own than a digital file for many reasons. Every time I go to L.A. I stop in Amoeba Music (incredible store) and the place is always packed with people. I just bought a limited edition CD for $27 at Amoeba which has sold for $100+ at discogs.com. You can find some gems worth money if you know what to look for.

About half of all music sales now are still CDs:

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014