• filter:
  • 15678 9
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
I can't receive any calls from Sprint or Sprint MVNO phone since I signed up

rated:
expired said:   I can't receive any calls from Sprint or Sprint MVNO phone since I signed up
  wow, you mean the original plan? Might be too late now but you could send in a support ticket at ringplus.. There are even better offers now but I'm sticking with the relaxed rules on my 325x70x10 2013 plan. 
The new offer is The #Promo is Here! Again! 2014 #Free BYOSD Plan. Friday March 28th, 2014 ,12noon til 12:30PM PST. A 30-minute window for everyone

New promo posted here http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/deal-discussion/1349503/

rated:
MonkeyBiz: I signed up for the March 2014 Surf and Turf Free plan. I can't for the life of me find a way to open a RingPlus support ticket. All they have are discussion forums that I see.

rated:
Sigh, my RingPlus line also can't receive calls from the Google Voice/Gchat/Hangouts web plugins. It either just keeps ringing or I get a busy tone.

rated:
... http://ringplus.net/contact/ you open a support ticket by emailing them.

rated:
ShakuniMama said:   A Friendly reminder to all new users (especially to those who are undecided about which phones they plan to use):

-You must make an outbound call within 24 hours.

-For the 1st 7 days only, your free account must not have a 10 to 1 ratio of outgoing to incoming calls for 2 consecutive days. This rule is ignored if you make 17 outgoing calls within the 7 days. No need to worry if this sounds complicated. Just make 2-3 calls per day for the first 7 days. Need somebody to call?

NOAA Weather Service
http://www.nws.noaa.gov/pa/recordedforecasts.php 

Listen to a short or a few minutes of a podcast
http://podlinez.com/ 

-After the 1st 7 days, the minimum usage is 1 outgoing call per 3 weeks. To support RingPlus (listening to ads), try to use you phone more often than the minimum to help keep this service free.

Is anyone else having trouble with these? I call them and they just ring and ring, never answering. I've tried 20 or more of those Podlinez numbers.

The NOAA numbers may work better; the Boston one doesn't answer for me, but the NYC/CT one does. It has a multi-level menu to navigate before you can listen to any weather stuff, and of course that weather is not relevant to me. I'd like to make some actual calls instead of just dialing, letting it ring and answer, then hanging up after a few seconds.

rated:
I just call various Google voice #s accumulated over the years.

rated:
i received an email today saying they may start announcing you are using ringplus for incoming calls. los angeles and san francisco appear to be exempt.
Ironically i just tried to call my number and it took over 30 seconds to ring my ringplus number...

rated:
matr8x said:   i received an email today saying they may start announcing you are using ringplus for incoming calls. los angeles and san francisco appear to be exempt.
Ironically i just tried to call my number and it took over 30 seconds to ring my ringplus number...

It has begun.  This is unacceptable.  I was willing to listen to ads to make free outgoing calls, but I will not make my inbound callers listen to ads just to reach me.  I've always said free is good, but this isn't really free, and it's definitely not good.  Ringplus, RIP.  

rated:
My issue never got resolved.

rated:
RollingThunder said:   It has begun.  This is unacceptable.  I was willing to listen to ads to make free outgoing calls, but I will not make my inbound callers listen to ads just to reach me.  I've always said free is good, but this isn't really free, and it's definitely not good.  Ringplus, RIP.  
Google Voice solves that problem. The only people hearing ads are the ones directly dialing my R+ number, and the only people doing that are debt collectors for the number's previous owner, scammers, and spammers.

I say more power to R+. I'm happy for them to do what it takes to make money on a free plan. I'm not paying for phone service, I have phone service, and I couldn't imagine that they were making enough money just playing news clips and travel advice at me. I can't believe that some people are offended by this...it's not as bad as those horrifically irritating ringback tones that were popular for a while, you'd call someone and get an awful rap song that they paid so you could hear instead of traditional ringing sounds -- and it'd even be badly distorted.

rated:
Thanks God they didn't mess up my main google voice number, this doesn't even affect my Sprint phones on GV. Looks like they are dropping the accounts with zero top off so be advised you may want to add $5, it's refundable after all. I wonder if there will be any more free offers or bumps in allotments. I guess I should be glad they are adapting and surviving somehow but I'll never promote them like before.

rated:
I have some top-off on some of my phones, and others without any top-off. Do I need to add money to every phone, or will they all stay alive because I have money on some? I know you probably don't know...but it's worth discussing.

rated:
thc said:   I have some top-off on some of my phones, and others without any top-off. Do I need to add money to every phone, or will they all stay alive because I have money on some? I know you probably don't know...but it's worth discussing.
  It's your call, if it's your primary service I would definitely top off every account and line.  More then dumb luck I haven't been disconnected. I think it's because I'm a paying customer and it's my main phone for text, data and voice. I haven't played by all the rules so keeping a backup plan with my Lycamobile and I think GV is still working with Obitalk ( I need to reset the PW)

I was really blind-sided with this dick move by R+ so I was hoping they might reverse decision just as fast. Appears they are desperate and I don't think we'll see a deal like this again. I'm still having a lot of problems with it but it's still mostly free for me, penny wise, not pound foolish, spend a little on R+ data or overages and you might survive this apocalypse. I'm afraid the ones with multiple accounts on one credit card may be the next to go. 

rated:
Just received an email.
They are deactivating all the free plans in my zip code with an option to switch to a paid plan if I switch this week.
Well can't really blame them.
Will switch to Kate plan.

rated:
crap, same here, free plan was a huge flop. Glad I didn't spend a bundle on phones, should be able to get most my money back on craigslist. I may look at the Kate plan but I'm still in shock

good, we already have a Kate Plan thread here http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1337239/ might have to go that route with a few of my better phones. 

rated:
Deactivated in DC.

rated:
I knew it wasn't going to last forever but I had hoped it would last a little longer. I guess I should have kept my Virgin Mobile grandfathered plan after all, though I was getting kinda fed up with it. I don't blame R+, and I may buy into their paid plans...not only would it be a piece of cake to do, but I would get to keep using the same BYOSD phones.

rated:
thc said:   I knew it wasn't going to last forever but I had hoped it would last a little longer. I guess I should have kept my Virgin Mobile grandfathered plan after all, though I was getting kinda fed up with it. I don't blame R+, and I may buy into their paid plans...not only would it be a piece of cake to do, but I would get to keep using the same BYOSD phones.
  exactly, I just converted two accounts just to keep using my S3 flagships, only cost $2 off my top off for the kate plan after taxes. Lame free service lost me some business big time today so I kind of panicked. Gives me a month to acquire a good unlocked Lycamobile phone. 

Really easy and my phones worked on the new plan within a minute. Still some latency with test call and I'm still getting R+ radio but I'm not sweating a few bucks if it's more reliable. 

rated:
Monkeybiz, are your free accounts still alive? Mine all died last night. I haven't been refunded the top-off money that I had in; I'm glad I didn't top off more. This morning they don't even show in my dashboard so I can't click them to upgrade to a paid plan.

rated:
thc said:   Monkeybiz, are your free accounts still alive? Mine all died last night. I haven't been refunded the top-off money that I had in; I'm glad I didn't top off more. This morning they don't even show in my dashboard so I can't click them to upgrade to a paid plan.
  All done here:
A. two epics on free plan are dead
B. One S3 on kate alive, free S2 dropped
C. S3 on kate plan good.
so in the end I lost three free phones and now have two kate plans with S3 on each. Looks like I got the $2 Kate credit. I assume refunds are pending for the dead lines, they didn't transfer to the Kate plan.

My sister laughed at me for complaining my phone service is $2 now. Got to keep things in perspective. All systems go and simplified, no call requirement and no complicated phone bill with hidden charges. WA taxes are steep but it just deducted from my top off while it was still alive. I can still see my empty dashboard from my free epic (A) but I transferred the others "immediately switch" option before the madness on the deadline. I haven't checked for a refund on my A plan, just too busy ATM to bother and I'm pretty sure if there is a problem it's nothing I can't fix over a support ticket. Still have faith in R+ and it seems like it's getting better now without all the freeloaders and congestion. I'm sure I'll get my $2 worth but I'm more likely to spend more then that on taxes ($1.27 in WA) and 2cent data. 

Had to reboot my Obi100 today and it's back up on GV for now so things seem to be working out. Even my Lyca pooped out yesterday for a bit, way too much stress with all these phones. Sort of relieved to drop 3 lines, less to keep track of. As getting the Kate plan you could try the discourse forums or email support to use your top off balance towards Kate. I had both the 2013 and 2014 plan but glad to pitch in a little more if it means better service and success for R+. Nobody is happy the way it went down but I don't have a better plan. 

rated:
I'm feeling better about R+ now, RingPlus: FluidCall Global just went live.
FluidCall uses the same phone number as your cell phone; so once you're connected, it'll make calls and receive calls exactly like your normal cellphone.

You can think of it like adding in another (free!) cellphone to your account, but this one will work from anywhere in the world. Say you're on a trip to Europe but you still want to be called on your U.S. cellphone. Anytime you're in range of a WiFi hotspot, or if you buy a European data plan, you can be reached via your U.S. phone number.

Or maybe you have a tablet around the house that you'd like to receive calls on, because your phone is usually charging? Put a FluidCall SIP client on it and suddenly it's another version of your cellphone. Same thing for a laptop or a PC!

Conversely, you can also make calls out to normal U.S. phone numbers just like you are calling from your phone. They'll see your normal phone number, caller id, etc... It works very similarly to Google Voice, except you can use whatever smartphone app you want vs. being forced into hangouts or gmail.

rated:
Can you point us to a web page about FluidCall Global?

I'd be interested in replacing Talkatone/GrooveIP with it since Google Voice ended XMPP support, if that's possible, to avoid using minutes when I'm on wifi.

rated:
... it's in your dashboard with the needed sip credentials...
https://discourse.ringplus.net/t/where-is-fluidcall-its-live/110...

rated:
Oh, I get it!

So here's the next question: Do SIP calls made with your R+ account use your R+ minutes? Based on language I saw and lack of mention of that, I'm guessing the answer is yes...if not, that would be the first feature listed about it.

rated:
thc said:   Oh, I get it!

So here's the next question: Do SIP calls made with your R+ account use your R+ minutes? Based on language I saw and lack of mention of that, I'm guessing the answer is yes...if not, that would be the first feature listed about it.

good question, in all the excitement that little detail escaped me. Afraid it does count towards your plan. 
(sorry, quotes, links and FW spam filtering sucks) quote from the CTO:SIP calls do, at this time, count towards minutes -- and if you use a VoIP client over cellular data, that will naturally count as data.If you're using WiFi, the data is completely free and you're just using normal minutes. http://discourse.ringplus.net/t/ringplus-global-breaks-the-shackles-binding-us-cdma-carriers-fluidcall/1823/21

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014