• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Head's up, just saw this when I logged into my account on the Amex website.  Presumably it will also show up on Amex's Facebook and Twitter.

ShopRite sells GCs to a bunch of different stores, so this is effectively a 20% discount if you buy $150 worth.
OFFER DETAILS
Get a one-time $30 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to make a single purchase of $150 or more online at ShopRite from Home or in-store by 10/12/2013.

TERMS
Offer valid in-store and online. PayPal transactions are excluded. Your order must be picked up or delivered by Saturday, October 12, 2013 to qualify for this offer. Enrollment for the offer is limited. Limit 1 statement credit per American Express Card across all American Express offer channels. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 8 weeks after American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from the merchant until all of the items from your qualifying purchase have been provided or shipped by the merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you will not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. POID: APM9:0001

Member Summary

Spend $150+ at ShopRite, Get $30 back (113.60kB)
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
The $30 showed up today on my 2 AMEX issued cards. I assume the FIA card will take an extra day or two.

billrubin (Oct. 18, 2013 @ 1:47p) |

also just showed up in my account - although the posted date says oct 12th.

gisele2828 (Oct. 18, 2013 @ 1:50p) |

The credit on my FIA card has posted. Great deal, now I just need to remember to bring the Shoprite gift cards with me t... (more)

billrubin (Oct. 19, 2013 @ 12:15a) |

Not all stores are participating. When you sign up for offer on Amex site, make sure your local ShopRite is listed.

Register your card here:
https://enroll.amexnetwork.com/US/en/ShopRitefromHomeAugust2013Campaign

Some ShopRite stores don't have the full gamut of no fee GCs. There was no BestBuy cards at mine, so I had to shell out $6.95 fee for a $200 Visa.

On-line purchase of gift cards are not eligible.

Additional tip:
BestBuy GCs can then be used at BB B&M store to purchase "Kindle" book gift cards (usually found by Kindle cases/accessories, and next to Nook cards). At which point you can use them on Amazon to purchase anything.

My shoprite doesn't allow GC purchases with a CC...cash or debit only...this was a year or two ago, not sure if they changed their policy since then.

not seeing it when I log in...

mlf50 said:   not seeing it when I log in...
From SD:

So here is the registration link if you don't see this offer in your card:

https://enroll.amexnetwork.com/US/en/ShopRitefromHomeAugust2013Campaign/ 

After registration,

1) You should receive a confirmation email within a couple of minutes from American Express Network with the title "Thank you for Registering";

2) If you register your primary Amex card, you should now see the offer loaded to your card in your Amex account --> Offers for you --> My offers 

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   
From SD:

After registration,

1) You should receive a confirmation email within a couple of minutes from American Express Network with the title "Thank you for Registering";

2) If you register your primary Amex card, you should now see the offer loaded to your card in your Amex account --> Offers for you --> My offers 

Thanks so much, No Money. Worked like a charm!

NOTE:

Some Shop Rite stores require debit/cash for Gift Card purchases, MOST DO NOT.

So simply buy $150+ in Gift Cards on your AMEX (Shop Rite, Gasonline, Amazon, etc) and get your $30 credit that way. Sometimes SR runs promos on Gift Cards too (oyno bonus coupons wyb $50 or $100 worth of select GC), so you might want to want to see if any such offers pop up in the ad by 10/12 when this expires.

MISTERCHEAP said:   NOTE:

Some Shop Rite stores require debit/cash for Gift Card purchases, MOST DO NOT.

So simply buy $150+ in Gift Cards on your AMEX (Shop Rite, Gasonline, Amazon, etc) and get your $30 credit that way. Sometimes SR runs promos on Gift Cards too (oyno bonus coupons wyb $50 or $100 worth of select GC), so you might want to want to see if any such offers pop up in the by 10/12 when this expires.

Great tip, thanks Mr. C!

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   
From SD:

After registration,

Worked great. Thanks!

I don't know how I missed this last month, but this is a great deal. $150-$30 x 6% = 24.8% Cash Back. Green indeed.

yeah if you have amex blue and you reached your bonus you will get 5% Cash Back in the grocery catagory too!!

so green deal all the way!

Great find OP, thanks. Used it successfully in the DC metro area at Shoprite with 4 diff AMEX cards. Shoprite has gas cards, Home Depot, Lowes, Sears cards . Good luck YMMV.

Can I purchase $150 in U.S. stamps?

marshatheteacher said:   Can I purchase $150 in U.S. stamps?
  yes, anything for $150 using the registered cc. I bought $200 visa gc's.

Is it possible to buy gift cards online with this offer? I am asking because to get a gift card (like visa Amazon vs) it redirects to an another site "https://www.giftcardmall.com/".

vearpinar said:   Is it possible to buy gift cards online with this offer? I am asking because to get a gift card (like visa Amazon vs) it redirects to an another site "https://www.giftcardmall.com/".

no it is not.

I registered my card, and then purchased visa gift cards in-store.
I did not get an email after the purchase.

Does that mean something isn't right?

ShopRite is only located in 6 states....

Very regional deal for a worldwide CC company...

I am eligible if I buy multiple gift cards that total $150 or I need to buy one card worth of 150. It is also taking me to GiftCardMall.com.

Raj4Deals said:   I am eligible if I buy multiple gift cards that total $150 or I need to buy one card worth of 150. It is also taking me to GiftCardMall.com.
You aren't eligible for this offer unless you read the thread before asking questions.  

dollarshort said:   I don't know how I missed this last month, but this is a great deal. $150-$30 x 6% = 24.8% Cash Back. Green indeed.

Where are you getting the extra 6%?

CPAESQ said:   yeah if you have amex blue and you reached your bonus you will get 5% Cash Back in the grocery catagory too!!

Can you personally vouch for this? I always thought the store reported gift card purchases separately, specifically to close this loophole.

Thanks for the post OP. Saved $30 on my groceries this week!

chrispitude said:   
dollarshort said:   I don't know how I missed this last month, but this is a great deal. $150-$30 x 6% = 24.8% Cash Back. Green indeed.

Where are you getting the extra 6%?

CPAESQ said:   yeah if you have amex blue and you reached your bonus you will get 5% Cash Back in the grocery catagory too!!

Can you personally vouch for this? I always thought the store reported gift card purchases separately, specifically to close this loophole.

I was referring to the BCP card. I believe CPAESQ is referencing the old BC card. I haven't come across any issues with BCP card and I have bought many GCs at Pathmark.

I got email from amex once i registered the amex card and again one more email from Amex once I completed $150 purchase at Shprite..

dollarshort said:   I was referring to the BCP card. I believe CPAESQ is referencing the old BC card. I haven't come across any issues with BCP card and I have bought many GCs at Pathmark.

Awesome, thank you!

Those Visa cards u buy - no activation fee?

SinglePapa said:   Those Visa cards u buy - no activation fee?
  There's always a fee.

Right; so it would be good to show complete math when selecting purchasing options

SinglePapa said:   Right; so it would be good to show complete math when selecting purchasing options
  I'm not sure if that was directed towards me, but I didn't factor in the fee because my local SR only has Visa GCs up to $100, which obviously would not be maximizing my $$. I most likely will buy Amazon GCs or GCs to restaurants or I may just spend it all on groceries.

No. Someone above posted: $200 Visas. Doesn't sound like good utilization

Thanks

I posted the $200 visa. However, I went to another ShopRite today which did not have the $200 visa, nor any visa at all, only MasterCard. I just bought a bunch of Gulf gift cards and a ShopRite gift card.

jpessin3 said:   I posted the $200 visa. However, I went to another ShopRite today which did not have the $200 visa, nor any visa at all, only MasterCard. I just bought a bunch of Gulf gift cards and a ShopRite gift card.
  Just curious, why didn't you buy the MC?

3 for 3 at shoprite w/BB gift cards - hope to get Kindle Cards next

chatterbox22 said:   I registered my card, and then purchased visa gift cards in-store.
I did not get an email after the purchase.

Does that mean something isn't right?

Did you get email when you registered the card? Did the $30 ever show up?

I used all 4 of my cards to get $600 worth of Lowes gift cards today. After each purchase I got a "thanks for using your card" email. It didn't mention the $30 credit, but I assume it will be there, they are pretty good with these things

I charged on Friday and got thank you email right away. Today, after the charge posted, I received an email telling me credit was applied to my account. I only wish I had multiple accounts like some of you.

Great find, Signed up, recieved an email right away and credit was posted within couple of days. I purchased shoprite gift card.

Today is the last day to use this. I redeemed it on all 3 of my cards today, just bought SR gift cards. There's no 5% back on grocery deal with any of my credit cards this quarter, so it will come in handy.

Skipping 8 Messages...
The credit on my FIA card has posted. Great deal, now I just need to remember to bring the Shoprite gift cards with me to the store!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014