• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Scott Choose-A-Size Paper Towels, 1-Ply, 6 Rolls/Pack
Disclaimer
This deal is back again at Staples for two days only. If you're a rewards member, you get free shipping. It's free to sign up, so why not?

Scott Choose-A-Size

Staples
See Staples coupons that earn Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
per a user review at Amzon these have 37.9 sq ft/roll = 227.4 sq ft per 6 pk

$0.0175/sq ft = this Scott deal (1 ply)
$0.01... (more)

Xaven (Aug. 29, 2013 @ 11:21p) |

Thanks

puppiloveky (Aug. 29, 2013 @ 11:43p) |

the big difference between the Bounty and Scott towels deal is that the Scott towels are select-a-size which means that ... (more)

ViveLeRoi (Aug. 30, 2013 @ 3:37p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Hmm...I wonder if it would be worth it to use my $20 off $60 coupon and get 16 of these...

draculatreeforest said:   Hmm...I wonder if it would be worth it to use my $20 off $60 coupon and get 16 of these...

Certainly drops the per-unit price quite a bit, but paper towels take up significant space.

I guess it would depend on how messy you (or your kids) are and how quickly you'd use them!

Assume somebody's done the vs. Costco Kirkland towels math?

ArmchairQB said:   Looks about the same price per sheet as the WalMart
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Scott-Naturals-Choose-A-Size-Mega-Roll...

Well, if you really do the math, this are 16 cents cheaper than WalMart, and you don't have to go to the store to pick them up.
Also, if you don't need that many, it makes sence to buy this than the ones from WalMart, less space for some of us to place them.
Thanks OP, I'm in for a pack.

Cost per sheet difference between this and the 6 Roll Mega pack..I came up with 1.94 cents on mega and 1.96 cents the regular rolls....pls correct if wrong 

mikeysnan said:   Cost per sheet difference between this and the 6 Roll Mega pack..I came up with 1.94 cents on mega and 1.96 cents the regular rolls....pls correct if wrong 
  You can't count per rolls, because WalMart's rolls are bigger and the pack has more rolls, so you have to calculate by sheets.
WalMart's price per sheet comes to 0.01016 cents, while Staple's comes to 0.0098 per sheet, that is rounding some of the last digits on both.
That is how I came up with 16 cents cheaper for the Staples' pack, and that is only if WalMart would have a similar size pack of rolls, but they don't.
So, if you were to by the WalMart pack, you will pay around 32 cents more and you will have to pick it up at the store too.

No the deal works out to actually be $.01 cents per sheet or $.66 a roll!! The mega roll is $.02 a sheet and $1.33 a roll. Definitely buying this.

I got in on this deal last time. I didn't calculate the the savings but when I got the rolls, I was disappointed. I didn't feel like I got a good deal. These are the cheapest paper towels ever. They feel rough and cheap. The rolls are small too. I guess roughly 1/2 the size I'm used to.

these are just 1-Ply. Very thin, sort of like tissue paper, that is why they are so cheap.

Thnx OP... these are the ones I usually buy anyways... in 4 2..

Tks OP. In for 1..

Bought 13, used $20 off $50 cleaning and break room coupon that was in my rewards wallet which brought the total price down to $33.94 for an average cost of $2.61 per package. Not too shabby! I will be donating some to my children's pre-school and elementary school and the rest I'm keeping for my messy children! Green for OP

Shouldn't the real cost-analysis question be, "How much money is Staples going to lose on shipping a box of paper towels for free?"

handyguy said:   these are just 1-Ply. Very thin, sort of like tissue paper, that is why they are so cheap.

Thank you Captain Hyperbole.

phutureprimative said:   
handyguy said:   these are just 1-Ply. Very thin, sort of like tissue paper, that is why they are so cheap.

Thank you Captain Hyperbole.

Exactly. I've bought these before and while they aren't the highest quality, they are awesome for everyday use and are nothing like tissue paper. They are perfect for project cleanups, spills etc. They aren't the kind that you can rinse or squeeze out and reuse, but they also don't cost as much as those brands. Ask yourself how often you actually reuse paper towels to see if the "upscale" brands are really worth the cost. In my house, reuse is practically zero no matter which brand we buy.

Good quality but small rolls.

If you calculate by square footage..

its 221.28sq ft for Staples(couldnt read the package so calculated using sheet size*sheets)

and 454.4 for WalMart

or REALLY REALLY close to the same price.

randi4ni said:   If you calculate by square footage..

its 221.28sq ft for Staples(couldnt read the package so calculated using sheet size*sheets)

and 454.4 for WalMart

or REALLY REALLY close to the same price.

Not if you do it like I did and buy 13 rolls and use the $20 off $50 coupon -though I realize not everyone will have the space or funds to do it that way.

GREAT DEALIO....thanx......

melachri said:   Certainly drops the per-unit price quite a bit, but paper towels take up significant space.

Not if you soak them with the garden hose first

Actually, I bought heavy on one of Staples paper towel deals LAST year and am only now in need of restocking.  Fortunately, I have a high enough garage ceiling that I was able to stack them to the roof on top of our garage refrigerator.  

have a 10 off 30 will put it to good use

got these last time and these are bit better than generic napkins but not by much....there is reason these are so cheap.

I'm trying to sign up to be a rewards member but is asking me for a rewards number. How do I get one?

Bought one, because:

1) Paper towel is expensive, typically.
2) Seeing the wife wonder who left a large pkg on paper towel on the front porch would be priceless.

Green, op..

kaveh2k said:   I'm trying to sign up to be a rewards member but is asking me for a rewards number. How do I get one?
I guess go here: Rewards  and click on "Sign up" on the far right. I see where it asks for a rewards number but you can't enter what you don't have. Try it without it and surely it'll let you sign up. I'm pretty certain that when I signed up originally that I didn't already have a rewards number. Hope this helps!

Get this one

Bounty® Basic Large Paper Towel Rolls, 12 Rolls/Case
Item: 167534 Model: PGC 84684

$13 per (12 packs x 97 sheets)
2 ($13) = 24 packs x 97 sheets + $5 gift card
Plus tax it should be a tiny amount cheaper than the one above.

Use %10 coupon making it way better (-$1.3)

And remember to use the Fat wallet Cash Back.

If you cannot find the ads for the $5 free gift card. Look in the front page www.staple.com on the lower left.

Bounty Basic Large Paper Towel Rolls, 12 Rolls/Case
Disclaimer
Darn he is right 

SCOTT  
7.1 inches  x  68  sheets x 6 rolls   / $4   :
 2900 /$4  =724 linear inches /$

Bounty  
10.4  inches x  97  sheets x  12 rolls   / $13  :
but buy two get $5 back    
so 12105  /$10.5  =  1153 linear inches /$    even without the  $5 kick back  it is 931 linear inches /$ 

it is the  better deal 
I'm now obsessing about paper towels ....sheeesh 

the bounty link

http://www.staples.com/Bounty-Basic-Large-Paper-Towel-Rolls-12-Rolls-Case/product-nr_167534?cmArea=CG8:DP1865:CL141826#desc_content    

per a user review at Amzon these have 37.9 sq ft/roll = 227.4 sq ft per 6 pk

$0.0175/sq ft = this Scott deal (1 ply)
$0.0198/sq ft = Trader Joe's (2 ply, not choose-a-size, mediocre quality)

Thanks

the big difference between the Bounty and Scott towels deal is that the Scott towels are select-a-size which means that for the average small mess, you are only using the size you need and not the standard large size. In my experience, this makes the towels last quite a bit longer. I also like the courser scott towels because they don't rip quite as easily as the Bounty towels, but that's just personal preference.

I too am going to laugh when I see my wife's face when all the towels are delivered! That's worth the $30 bucks I spent in and of itself!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014