Member Summary

surface (9.53kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts

bhoup (Aug. 30, 2013 @ 9:18p) |

dead

diswes (Aug. 30, 2013 @ 10:09p) |

Look here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2092348 , the jailbreak is here: http://forum.xda-developers... (more)

genesat (Aug. 31, 2013 @ 7:26p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Wow.. I predicted this price at Black Friday...

Now they're available at the end of August?

These things must SUCK!

Edit: Maybe they will be $99 by Black Friday?

Wow, I too didn't think it would happen this early. Isn't RT basically dead?

Nices find!
But I won't be wasting my $$$ any old useless gadget.

FastEddieG said:   Wow, I too didn't think it would happen this early. Isn't RT basically dead?

Not with Chromecast...This will be a perfect tablet/remote for my chromecast.

Bizatch said:   Wow.. I predicted this price at Black Friday...

Now they're available at the end of August?

These things must SUCK!

Edit: Maybe they will be $99 by Black Friday?

HP Touchpad part 2!

Not really sure what I'd do with the device as I have a laptop, PC, and smartphone already...but quadruple eBay bux makes it enticing for some reason.

diswes said:   Not really sure what I'd do with the device as I have a laptop, PC, and smartphone already...but quadruple eBay bux makes it enticing for some reason.
  How are you getting quadruple bucks? I'm only showing $3.98 in bucks.

coolbreeze said:   
diswes said:   Not really sure what I'd do with the device as I have a laptop, PC, and smartphone already...but quadruple eBay bux makes it enticing for some reason.
  How are you getting quadruple bucks? I'm only showing $3.98 in bucks.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/deal-discussion/1295492/

Surface is actually a great tablet computer. For all those iPad user griping about not having Microsoft office on your tablet (or a mouse for that matter), these are awesome for working out of office, plus they have great battery life. Only downside is the ARM processor...you're limited to running Windows RT, which can't be bound to a domain.

You missed the another downside. It's frggin expensive. M$ can recoup some money by selling new surface as refurb, otherwise it is doomed.

Seems like a pretty good deal for me. I wish it came with the type cover. I have a lot of trouble typing on the touch-style keyboards.
very tempting...

You can't run other browsers, such as Chrome or Firefox on it. Also, it can only run the apps on Microsoft store. So, if they discontinue the "rt" experiment, you pretty much have something akin to the HP webos tablet (without the Android ROMs).

it comes with black touch cover

waiting for Surface PRO for US199, maybe in Thanksgiving day

One cool thing is that RT 8.1 will have Outlook. I really just want this for basic stuff, which includes email and a traditional Outlook app is nice.

RT 8.1 Outlook Update

eternityz said:   Seems like a pretty good deal for me. I wish it came with the type cover. I have a lot of trouble typing on the touch-style keyboards.
very tempting...

Yeah I prefer the type cover too. 

FYI, the same seller has the 64gb surface (w/o cover) for the same price. That might be a better option if you want to pick up the type cover separately. 
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1295524/

The hardware is solid, RT is questionable. I just wish all the RT haters would zip it, and assume that those of us who are looking at this thing are smart enough to know the limitations of RT.

Klingsor said:   The hardware is solid, RT is questionable. I just wish all the RT haters would zip it, and assume that those of us who are looking at this thing are smart enough to know the limitations of RT.

A world without internet trolls? I'll dream with you, buddy.

Seriously, the ripping on Surface RT is getting pretty old. Tons of people want a well built, beautiful tablet to browse the web, do a little bit of light office work, and Skype with family. It's hard to find a 10" tablet with this build quality, be it iOS, Android, or regular Win8, at this price.

Thanks op, got one for my mom. Don't care for RT bashing, she needs browser, Skype, videos, music. At $200, this is a no brainer imo.

Well, at least the demise of RT is not as dramatic as the HP tablet 2 yrs ago.

Looks like a great deal.

I have this model ,  I use it daily and it beats my android tablets hands down.

IT works great, looks great and with the keyboard and kick stand It is the best travel device I have ever had.  It super small and yet does everything I need for a short to medium trip.

Some folks don't like the "metro" tiles, I do and of course desktop is only one click away.

To those talking about the demise of RT,  sorry you just don't get it.  RT is here to stay, it is not going away.

BTW I am using mine with the current ver of Windows 8.1.

Super green OP nice find.

In for one.....

I have windows 8 Dell 10 tablet but siriously thinking about getting it. Keyboard, ergonomic and price make the difference. Like my Dell 10 a lot but they don't have a good keyboard for that one, only some crappy 3rd party cases with crappy blootouth keyboards.

They start double eBay bucks in 30 min for many accounts, wonder if it is still for sale at that time

Great deal for $199. The main advantage of the surface is that the IE on the desktop is a full fledged web browser like a computer.

Also, with the merge or Windows RT and Windows Phone OS, hoping for some kind of update to make this more usable. Otherwise, basic function would work as I have my hardcore desktop for gaming. Where else can you get a $200 touchscreen tablet with a keyboard that runs MS office for $200? Was thinking of getting a chromebook, but this is a better deal.

Deal is dead.

CrazyJoe0813 said:   Deal is dead.
  Exactly 1 min before 4x eBay bucks started.....

Lol they killed it as soon as extra points started working whatever

Not dead. The seller has updated the listing and is now offering the 64GB version

CrazyJoe0813 said:   Deal is dead.

4,978 sold 

Same seller selling 64GB for $199now. No black touch cover though.

For those interested the new deal is a 64GB Surface RT with no keyboard cover for the same $199 price

Yeah, but the 64GB is still available. It's a better deal for my purposes.

77Rus said:   Lol they killed it as soon as extra points started working whatever

Doubt it. The 64GB/$199 version is still available.

Still going... http://www.ebay.com/itm/32GB-Microsoft-Surface-RT-Tablet-bundle-... 
And Gazelle is paying $180 for an excellent condition 32GB with cover... basically rent it for a month for $20.

30 Day Free Ship Back Return Policy.  Rent it for $0 for 29 Days.

Skipping 11 Messages...
cnIsfg said:   Drunken1 said:   I heard there was a hack to allow RT Surfaces to run x86 apps ie full programs............
  There is...it is called Surface Pro. There is NO way you can run x86 programs on a NVIDIA Tegra 3 short of an emulator which would put performance in the league with your 10 year old PocketPC device. Good luck with that.

Look here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2092348 , the jailbreak is here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2092158 , Bochs emulator is here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/bochs/

You can run Bochs x86 emulator, you won't be running modern 3D games, but Quake/Wolfenstein/Command and Conquer/ScummVM etc sure.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014