• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
 Samsung 250GB 840 Series Basic 7mm Ultraslim Solid State Drive (MZ-7TD250BW) $76 Delivered @ Amazon UK - price changes in basket Mistake??

ripped from SD

Here     

At Amazon.com US (http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-MZ-7TD250BW-Series-Solid-2-5-Inch/dp/B009NHAEXE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1377964523&sr=8-1&keywords=Samsung+MZ-7TD250BW+250GB+840   it's about $100 more   






 

Amazon
Get Up to 5.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Same , two separate orders of one each.... cancelled .

stereo55 (Sep. 02, 2013 @ 9:57a) |

Well, I wasn't expecting it to go through anyway, but you have to play to occasionally (rarely) win. It is interesting ... (more)

barbeque (Sep. 02, 2013 @ 12:30p) |

Cancelled! 

wc455 (Sep. 03, 2013 @ 10:13a) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Did you think a link may be helpful?

@qube
You mean like clicking where it says Here?!?!?!?

Has anyone tried ordering? My order comes to 49.18 Euros, which is ~$65.03 according to xe.com.

Edit: UK uses the pound, so it's ~$76.22. My mistake.

Complete waste of time plus unlike Amazon US you have to pay the return shipping for items shipped outside of the EU even for their mistakes

cnIsfg said:   Complete waste of time plus unlike Amazon US you have to pay the return shipping for items shipped outside of the EU even for their mistakes
  
That's disheartening. They won't cancel the order before shipping even if its a pricing error? 

If they charge you different price, just file a chargeback against it with your credit card company as you have the order confirmation receipt.

2-5 weeks... expect cancellation emails...

Ryou48 said:   Has anyone tried ordering? My order comes to 49.18 Euros, which is ~$65.03 according to xe.com.

Edit: UK uses the pound, so it's ~$76.22. My mistake.

  I ordered before posting  -- Do I really expect to get it?  NO.   But if you don/t ever play you can't win.

in for 2 cancellations..

Ordered two. Not expecting it'll happen, but given that it's sold by Amazon and not some random 3rd party, I think the odds slightly better than 0%. We'll see.

Also don't forget it's US $76 + Foreign Transaction fees (usually 3% depending on credit card, or possibly free if you have one of those travelers card). And for warranty, I doubt you will get any warranty in the US for the SSD since it is purchased from the Brits.

In for 1 expecting cancellation... Maybe THIS one will work well with my wife's aging laptop. (Kingston one did not work very well - CPU peaks to 100% every minute or so and stays there for about 25 seconds)

got 2x for 148.38 USD but september delivery gives them plenty of time to cancel on me.

I am in for 10

Got 1! Why not? Amazon doesn't charge until item is available! 10 to 1 it gets canceled?

can't hurt to try.

In for one for good luck sake . May order a second 'cause my brother could really use an ssd  .
 

Also in for one... Also expecting a cancellation. Estimated delivery for me was September 26 - October 12.

In for 1, did not need it but for that price can find way to use it, chances of cancellation are high anyways...

Thanks OP, I figured I'd try for 2. Why not?

Ryou48 said:   
cnIsfg said:   Complete waste of time plus unlike Amazon US you have to pay the return shipping for items shipped outside of the EU even for their mistakes
  
That's disheartening. They won't cancel the order before shipping even if its a pricing error? 

  
Disheartening maybe,  though incorrect

I'm in for one, my fiancee's brother is in for one and my coworker is now in for one...................all of which are not getting our hopes up and anticipating cancellation. HOWEVER, I received an email confirmation/receipt so my gut is telling me WE ARE ALL GETTING THIS for a whopping pricetag of 76.22US. WHOO FRAKKING HOO!!!!!

Oh......and I got the Harry Potter Collection off Amazon UK for 49 which was half off the Amazon US price.  While it took almost 3 weeks to receive, I did finally get it so that is somewhat encouraging to this transaction.

In for 10 Estimate delivery Sep 26 to Oct 12.

Such fun

We haven't seen the in for cancellation for a while

Wads said:   Such fun

We haven't seen the in for cancellation for a while

  
should be a badge for that!

Well, in for one too... Who knows, maybe we will be lucky.

In for 10. $70 each can't be beat! I found the correct item listing here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-MZ-7TD250BW-Series-Basic-UltraSl...

If you just order ONE, Amazon UK might honor the transaction.

The way I see it "what's you got to lose"? I'll bite & in for one! Thanks OP.

In for a couple. I've had good luck with Amazon.UK in the past.

All I see is "Add to Wish list" - no way to add it to cart. Dead?

Feel stupid but have ordered 2. Thanks

Apparently OOS now...

Logan71 said:   All I see is "Add to Wish list" - no way to add it to cart. Dead?
  Although I already ordered earlier , your correct . I now get the same ....basicly unavailable at the moment .

hariseldon said:   
Ryou48 said:   
cnIsfg said:   Complete waste of time plus unlike Amazon US you have to pay the return shipping for items shipped outside of the EU even for their mistakes
  
That's disheartening. They won't cancel the order before shipping even if its a pricing error? 

  
Disheartening maybe,  though incorrect

  Perhaps you should read the Amazon UK customer user agreement before looking more foolish. Remember this is Amazon UK NOT Amazon US. Amazon selling in the UK is not bound by the same consumer protections that US buyers get on Amazon US. Even your FCBA credit card protections don't apply to credit card transactions outside the US. There are plenty of horror stories concerning Amazon UK deals gone bad on other deal sites.

Just received my cancellation notice email. Only ordered one, so I imagine most, if not all of these will get cancelled.

My order for two was cancelled due to pricing error.

Same , two separate orders of one each.... cancelled .

Skipping 2 Messages...
Cancelled! 
 



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014