• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Rewards only start only next month but can be signed up starting today.
Rewards are automatic afterwards, so don't forget to sign up.

Member Summary

Discover Card
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Are there problems combining discount codes with the certificates?  My impression is that you can't reserve first and pa... (more)

lokimoki (Jan. 14, 2014 @ 11:21p) |

IMO this is usually because of using a coupon or other promotion, which technically invalidates ShopDiscover. I won't sa... (more)

manly (Jan. 14, 2014 @ 11:54p) |

Lot of my online purchase didn't qualify. Including donations, ticket, medical bills. All counted as service. Got burn... (more)

watssion (Jan. 22, 2014 @ 2:53p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Earn 5% CashBack Bonus for online purchases from 10/1/13 (or the date on which you signed up, whichever is later) through 12/31/13, subject to a cap of $1500 in purchases. Offer does not apply to government products or services, education providers, utilities, or travel. Amounts that are not charged to your card during your online purchase will not qualify. These purchases must be made by 12/31/13. Purchases made using Near Field Communication (NFC), virtual wallets, or similar technology may not be eligible. If a purchase is coded for a category other than listed above, it will not qualify. Rewards are added to your CashBack Bonus account within 2 billing periods. See CashBack Bonus Program Terms and Conditions for further detail.

I'm in...good timing with xmas shopping coming up.

I just want to verify that I can buy gas station GCs and get the current 5% bonus that expires in September?  I've seen info saying I'll get the bonus and that I won't, just want to make sure it's worth it before I buy $800 worth of GCs.

Thanks for the reminder!

Thanks!

is Amazon.com covered? I think so

Cool, tks op. The only issue is purchase of only upto $1500 qualifies which means its max reward of $75... but still good.... only wish it was more.

AP should take care of this fairly quickly.

I've been buying Amazon gift cards at gas stations and so far I've gotten 5% CashBack and I don't even use the card for anything other than the 5% stuff.
I haven't made much more than $100 in one purchase just in case they would question why someone needs $500 worth of gas in one fill up. It probably wouldn't matter but since I don't use the card for anything else I'd be a bit upset if I spent say $500 and gotten 0.25% CB.

Does anyone know exactly what they mean by online shopping? They don't seem to be very specific about it.
What I'm thinking is would buying something online from Lowes or Staples count online instead of buying instore. I also am wondering about gift cards bought online if anyone knows.

Descent101 said:   I've been buying Amazon gift cards at gas stations and so far I've gotten 5% CashBack and I don't even use the card for anything other than the 5% stuff.
Nice to know...I'll look into that.

thanx op, signed up
I am less than $5.00 away from a $50 statement credit

SuperMario1985 said:   thanx op, signed up
I am less than $5.00 away from a $50 statement credit

That's one way to go but from the credit cards I've got Discover has the best gift card options.......sadly they took Sam's Club out but still Discover is the only card I keep my CB saved up for gift cards.

last year around same time, I used AP for all three HH discover cards and got $225 Cash Back.

JuNooNi said:   last year around same time, I used AP for all three HH discover cards and got $225 Cash Back.
  what do you mean by HH discover cards? sounds great though.

HTN said:   Earn 5% CashBack Bonus for online purchases from 10/1/13 (or the date on which you signed up, whichever is later) through 12/31/13, subject to a cap of $1500 in purchases. Offer does not apply to government products or services, education providers, utilities, or travel. Amounts that are not charged to your card during your online purchase will not qualify. These purchases must be made by 12/31/13. Purchases made using Near Field Communication (NFC), virtual wallets, or similar technology may not be eligible. If a purchase is coded for a category other than listed above, it will not qualify. Rewards are added to your CashBack Bonus account within 2 billing periods. See CashBack Bonus Program Terms and Conditions for further detail.
Is the $1500 limit for the quarter or per month?

Household....Discover generally allows 2 cards per person. I have 5 in our household including biz card (not included in this offer).

Thanks for the reminder!

Wildfire said:   Is the $1500 limit for the quarter or per month?
It is for all purchases between 10/1/13 to 12/31/13 totaling up to $1500. So your max CashBack per card is $75 during the promotion period.

Descent101 said:   I've been buying Amazon gift cards at gas stations and so far I've gotten 5% CashBack and I don't even use the card for anything other than the 5% stuff.
I haven't made much more than $100 in one purchase just in case they would question why someone needs $500 worth of gas in one fill up. It probably wouldn't matter but since I don't use the card for anything else I'd be a bit upset if I spent say $500 and gotten 0.25% CB.

Does anyone know exactly what they mean by online shopping? They don't seem to be very specific about it.
What I'm thinking is would buying something online from Lowes or Staples count online instead of buying instore. I also am wondering about gift cards bought online if anyone knows.

The transaction amount doesn't matter. I buy $500 Visa GC at gas stations quite frequently, bought 3 for the Q3 Discover bonus but also buy them for the 3% Cash Back on Amex BCP. Never heard anything about it, even when I spend 10k+ per month on "gas" $500 or $1k at a time with the Amex.

So if u link through shopdiscover to a store that's offering 5% back, and signed up for this 5% promo, will it be 10% back?

evbe said:   So if u link through shopdiscover to a store that's offering 5% back, and signed up for this 5% promo, will it be 10% back?
  Yes. SD stacks with the quarterly 5% categories.

I'm getting my Ariens snowblower at HD. So it'll be 10% off and I'll save 6% sales tax in NH.

Awesome?

It seems that it's targeted only for certain customers/cards.
I put in my information, and then it told me:
"You're not eligible to participate in the 5% CashBack Bonus program. To find out what other offers may be available to you, please call Customer Service"

evbe said:   I'm getting my Ariens snowblower at HD. So it'll be 10% off and I'll save 6% sales tax in NH.

Awesome?

The fact your need a snow blower makes it not hot.

I don't get it on my Discover Open Road card.

Worked well with eBay/Paypal last year.

unit9174 said:   I don't get it on my Discover Open Road card.

Yes, quarterly bonuses only apply to Discover More and Discover It.  Open Road has long since been abandoned, might as well convert the card to an It.  That's what I did.

Wildfire said:   
HTN said:   Earn 5% CashBack Bonus for online purchases from 10/1/13 (or the date on which you signed up, whichever is later) through 12/31/13, subject to a cap of $1500 in purchases. Offer does not apply to government products or services, education providers, utilities, or travel. Amounts that are not charged to your card during your online purchase will not qualify. These purchases must be made by 12/31/13. Purchases made using Near Field Communication (NFC), virtual wallets, or similar technology may not be eligible. If a purchase is coded for a category other than listed above, it will not qualify. Rewards are added to your CashBack Bonus account within 2 billing periods. See CashBack Bonus Program Terms and Conditions for further detail.
Is the $1500 limit for the quarter or per month?

Quarter. Same limit as Chase Freedom.

People have luck with money messenger last year? people indicate paypal which MM is associated with.....MM ends Oct. 10 so will give a shot.

hpmax said:   

Yes, quarterly bonuses only apply to Discover More and Discover It.  Open Road has long since been abandoned, might as well convert the card to an It.  That's what I did.

That's what I did too, but in hindsight I wish I had kept that card and just applied for the It card. I miss the 2% back at restaurants.

dollarshort said:   
hpmax said:   

That's what I did too, but in hindsight I wish I had kept that card and just applied for the It card. I miss the 2% back at restaurants.

Meh...  There are a few 2% on everything cards out there, and 3% on restaurants, and then Discover and Chase rotate 5% on those, and USBank can give you 5+% on restaurants... There's nothing about Open Road that you can't do better elsewhere.

I'm wondering how serious they are about no-utilities or government products or services (how about fines for instance).

Remember, it is October now,
in case you have not signed up yet.

I always use my Discover card for my Groupon purchases. This quarter I assume I will get my regular 15% plus the extra 5%, for a total of 20% off already great deals!

Will gift card purchase at target.com or WalMart.com qualify? The terms are not clear.

hpmax said:   
dollarshort said:   
hpmax said:   

Meh...  There are a few 2% on everything cards out there, and 3% on restaurants, and then Discover and Chase rotate 5% on those, and USBank can give you 5+% on restaurants... There's nothing about Open Road that you can't do better elsewhere.

I'm wondering how serious they are about no-utilities or government products or services (how about fines for instance).

While true, none of those cards have the redemption options like Discover.

likethemcheap said:   Will gift card purchase at target.com or WalMart.com qualify? The terms are not clear.
  I would think that if GCs were excluded, Discover would say so, like it does in ShopDiscover.

Anyone know if Google Wallet's send money is covered under online shopping?

Which Discover Cards allow this promotion? I have the Sams Club Discover Card.

Sams Club Discover Card doesn't qualify for 5% Cash Back for online purchases.

Skipping 36 Messages...
Lot of my online purchase didn't qualify. Including donations, ticket, medical bills. All counted as service. Got burned hard.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014