• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Husky 8-Gal. Portable Electric Air Compressor-TA-2530B at The Home Depot
Disclaimer
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-8-Gal-Portable-Electric-Air-Compressor-TA-2530B/202564847#.UiOXBD9Cqvc 

I recently purchased the 3 gallon 1hp craftsman air compressor from Sears for a $100 and I thought that was a good deal but this appears to be a little better plus it has a 2 year warranty.

Home Depot
Need a Home Depot coupon that earns 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Husky 8-Gal. Portable Electric Air Compressor
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I just bought the Cenrtral Pneumatic version of this from Harbor Freight 2 weeks ago for $105.  Seems to be good quality.

HF

BTW, mine came with a bottle of oil that contains slightly more than you need to fill it up.  I'd guess Husky does too.

mcmike522 said:   I just bought the Cenrtral Pneumatic version of this from Harbor Freight 2 weeks ago for $105.  Seems to be good quality.

HF 

BTW, mine came with a bottle of oil that contains slightly more than you need to fill it up.  I'd guess Husky does too.

I bought one of the HF 3 gallon 1/3 HP air compressors last year and it was horrible it would take about 15 minutes to fill and it was loud I guess they only do 3 month warranties for a reason.

Too bad you don't have a time machine ...

Bought this same unit in Dec. 2011 for $34.06  
Same model #, same SKU, but Red instead of Black.
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/arcmessageview.php?catid=18&threadid=1156649

P.S.  It's still in the sealed box that I picked it up in, so I can't comment on how good (or bad) it is.

This unit only puts out 4CFM .Not good for automotive tools

I'm in need of an air compressor. I wouldn't use it for anything crazy except for with my recently-acquired nail gun set:
Campbell Hausfeld 5-Piece Nailer Kit

BudmanTom said:   
mcmike522 said:   I just bought the Cenrtral Pneumatic version of this from Harbor Freight 2 weeks ago for $105.  Seems to be good quality.

HF  

I bought one of the HF 3 gallon 1/3 HP air compressors last year and it was horrible it would take about 15 minutes to fill and it was loud I guess they only do 3 month warranties for a reason.

Sounds as bad as your grammar.

For an oil lubricated pump, I think this is a smoking deal. The cheapo HF one's I've obtained cheaper, but they die quick, have horrible CFM and are loud and slow. I use many of the pancake Porter Cable compressors that are sealed, no maintenance compressors and those last about 2 years at most. This is a good deal in my opinion.

In comparison of the two HF and HD. This one is cheaper by 5 bucks, it also looks like it's got better wheels and padding on the handle. They do both look very similar, and likely share some parts, but I feel a lot better about buying Husky brand versus HF. Unless you buy their aftermarket warranty, HF is horrible is letting anyone bring things back.

Good post!

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   Too bad you don't have a time machine ...

P.S.  It's still in the sealed box that I picked it up in, so I can't comment on how good (or bad) it is.

What compressor have you been using since Dec. 2011?  

Slickone said:   

Is it that time of the month again?

zander57 said:   This unit only puts out 4CFM .Not good for automotive tools
4 CFM @ 90 PSI, 5 CFM @ 40 PSI

No good for tools that need continuous power, like sanders and paint sprayers, but OK for impact wrenches and maybe grinders and shears.  Campbell-Hausfeld sells tools that seem to require less CFM than average, such as a decent internal mix/external mix paint gun that needs just 2.5 CFM @ 50 PSI.

Husky 8-Gal. Portable Electric Air Compressor-TA-2530B at The Home Depot
Disclaimer

Amflo 3/8 in. x 50 ft. PVC/Rubber Blend Air Hose-577-50A at The Home Depot
Disclaimer

Husky 12-Piece Brass Air-Compressor Accessory Kit-HDA51300AV at The Home Depot
Disclaimer
For Texans that have a HEB grocery store near them, you can buy a "Do It Yourself Home Improvement" gift card (from Discover) where current promotion is $5 off $50 using one of those in-store HEB coupons. If you buy $100 worth, you pay only $90. If $150, then you pay $130. Each gift card holds max value of $500, and you can buy as many as you want. This gift card works at major home improvement stores such as Home Depot and Lowes. Only until 9/3/2013 

HEB Gift Card Forum Link      
$5 off $50 In-Store Coupon Link   

To sweet the deal $5 better, sign up with Home Depot and get $5 off $50 coupon IN-STORE only. Click this link                .

I got accessories because the it doesn't come with the compressor:
Husky Air Compressor    ($99) + Husky 12-Piece Kit    ($16.78) + 3/8 inch x 50 ft hose    ($25.98) - $5 off $50 coupon    = $136.76 + tax (8.25% in Houston, TX) = $148.04

Purchase a $150 gift card from HEB but pay only $130 for it. 
$150 - $148.04 = $1.96 left on the gift card. 

------You only paid $130 with $1.96 store credit for any home improvement warehouse

If you want NO accessories and only the air compressor:
Husky Air Compressor    ($99) - $5 off $50 coupon    = $95 + tax = $101.76

Purchase a $100 gift card from HEB but only pay $90 for it.
$100 - $101.76 = $1.76 you will still need to pay

------You only paid $91.76

From what I understand, you can pay online with the gift card if you don't want to go in-store to purchase it. Since you forgo the in-store $5 off $50 coupon, don't forget 5% FW CB!

larrymoencurly said:   
NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   Too bad you don't have a time machine ...

What compressor have you been using since Dec. 2011?  

My Craftsman 1.5HP 2 gallon 125PSI compressor.

Slickone said:   
BudmanTom said:   

HF    

Almost as bad as your interpretation of the English language.  His grammar is fine, it only needs punctuation.  There is a difference.  Unless you consider orthography as part of grammar, which I respectfully disagree.  

infinithree said:   
Slickone said:   
BudmanTom said:   

HF     

Almost as bad as your interpretation of the English language.  His grammar is fine, it only needs punctuation.  There is a difference.  Unless you consider orthography as part of grammar, which I respectfully disagree.  

No,  as bad as yours. Grammar as a whole includes syntax, which includes punctuation. Check the dictionary.
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Does_grammar_include_punctuation

I guess some people don't mind reading multiple sentences as one. I'm pretty tired of trying to interpret them. It's worse than ever now.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014