• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Home Depot
Need a Home Depot coupon that earns 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

filtrete (17.19kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
There is also this rebate for the lower FPR filters (red color)

$3 3M Filtrete Rebate

tghb (Sep. 05, 2013 @ 10:31a) |

Receive a $3 rebate by mail when you buy one (1) individual Filtrete Air Filter with a Microparticle Performance Rating ... (more)

psxzombie (Sep. 05, 2013 @ 11:03a) |

Got mine but box is damaged. Have to return and HD agree to reorder for me.

terrace1811 (Sep. 06, 2013 @ 9:04p) |

rats!....no 18 x 30 

In for 2 sets !! Smokin' !!

Thanks OP !!

Remember, if you ordered these earlier, just do instant chat with an HD rep to get a price match (within 30 days)..

aren't these worse for your compressor (works them harder?)

Great deal! I loathe buying air filters, I typically forget about them, and don't ever see an advantage to buying a multipack, although this certainly provided the motivation needed.

Unfortunately, they were sold out/ out of stock of the 20x30 case that I needed also, so looks like I can only buy for our upstairs unit. Green for OP!

Thank you

vickh said:   aren't these worse for your compressor (works them harder?)
  Probably. The filter rated FPR 7 is showing an equivalent MERV rating of 11 on the package. From what I've heard, and opinions are all over the place, that is the highest you would want in a system. I'm sticking with MERV 8 on the advice of my A/C installer and I have no idea what FPR number that is equivalent to.

Holy carp dustman!

I went with MERV 13 from Nordic Air. I don't trust Home Depot at all on this since they made up their own BS filter system to confuse the issue.

thanks got 2 years worth for $50 lol, Not sure if it matters the number if my windows are open 50% of the time... ITs just to keep dust out of air mixer unit.

There's also a 3M filter rebate going on too. Check out the Filtrete website for incentives. http://www.filtrete.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/FiltreteNA/Filtrete/...

mtpat said:   There's also a 3M filter rebate going on too. Check out the Filtrete website for incentives. http://www.filtrete.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/FiltreteNA/Filtrete/...
 Filtrete High Performance Filters with a Microparticle Performance Rating (MPR) of 1500 or greater

Great prices if they still have your size!!

How about the Dust reduction FPR5 air filter Model # 3M928678 for $23.86 for a case of 12 filters?

16x25x1

DannoE said:   How about the Dust reduction FPR5 air filter Model # 3M928678 for $23.86 for a case of 12 filters?
That's for a case of 6.

I believe that is a case of 6 2 packs. 12 total.

I was just there Saturday picking up a set, drats.

Looks like a 12 pack to me, they have those FPR5 filters in other sizes too. I'm in for a pack of 16x20 for $23.86.

DannoE said:   I believe that is a case of 6 2 packs. 12 total.
Wow, looks like you're right. Very strangely worded, but I'm in for some. Thanks!

Set for many years. TY OP!

20x20 just what I needed.  Thanks

rshaslam said:   20x20 just what I needed.  Thanks
  Me too.  Score!

Smoking...14x25...thanks Op

Thanks OP. Got the credit back.

Yay, they had mine! Thanks op.

$47.86 for mine today (20x20). Still a big savings.

If you're one to leave your windows open, the only real reason to have a filter is to not damage your HVAC unit. Purchasing an expensive filter for your unit in those cases is really just throwing money away. I'd recommend going with a generic filter if you fit in that category or don't need the allergen reduction. They will still filter the air, but will just not get the finer particulates. Something like this should do the trick for most of you, and save you lots of money in the long run.  

In for 1, thanks OP. Only about $9 more than yesterday. Decided the 2200's (special order) were just too much risk of an HVAC burnout... went with the 1900s despite my epic allergies.

mistadeal said:   If you're one to leave your windows open, the only real reason to have a filter is to not damage your HVAC unit. Purchasing an expensive filter for your unit in those cases is really just throwing money away. I'd recommend going with a generic filter if you fit in that category or don't need the allergen reduction. They will still filter the air, but will just not get the finer particulates. Something like this  should do the trick for most of you, and save you lots of money in the long run.  

I would at least go with the cheap pleated ones. The ones you linked to are ok but still allow a lot of dirt by that will build up in the HVAC system. My dad use to own his own HVAC business and I have opened up many air handlers and the coils were just covered. Even the system in my house I bought was clogged up and they had a clean changed the filter every month with the basic fiberglass ones.

For less then $2 each you can get these...
16x20
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Filtrete-16-in-x-20-in-x-1-in-Household-Dust-Reduction-FPR-5-Air-Filter-2-Packs-Case-of-6-3M928661/204236874

16x25
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Filtrete-16-in-x-25-in-x-1-in-Household-Dust-Reduction-FPR-5-Air-Filter-2-Packs-Case-of-6-3M928678/204236875

There is also this rebate for the lower FPR filters (red color)

$3 3M Filtrete Rebate

tghb said:   There is also this rebate for the lower FPR filters (red color)

$3 3M Filtrete Rebate

Receive a $3 rebate by mail when you buy one (1) individual Filtrete Air Filter with a Microparticle Performance Rating (MPR) of 1000 or greater.

Got mine but box is damaged. Have to return and HD agree to reorder for me.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014