• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Buy $400 in eGift Cards, get a $75 Promo eGift Card at Dell

Dell Consumer
See Dell Consumer promo codes that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Dell eGift Card
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Would Michael Dell taking his namesake company private affect the values of these GCs if unspent?

thanks

Doubt it but you never know these days

GWBush said:   Would Michael Dell taking his namesake company private affect the values of these GCs if unspent?

Not in any way. Ownership of a company makes no difference to the obligations (liabilities) of a company. Only bankruptcy could impact that.

if only you could cash it out with free-after-rebate paper!

SelfGovern said:   if only you could cash it out with free-after-rebate paper!
That's a LOT of paper!

Can they be redeemed together/Can anyone confirm success redeeming both the promo card and the regular gift card for the same transaction through Dell Outlet?

Hey flyingmustang. I just purchased an Optiplex 7010 with an intel i7-3630QM for $604.00 shipped after tax. I DID buy the $400.00 gift card. What happens is they send you the gift card and also e-mail you a $75.00 'promo' gift card. The stickler here is that you CAN NOT combine both a promo gift card and a regular gift card in the same order... thanks a lot Dell ... ya rat bas*ards!! I'm kidding.. this is still a fantastic deal on a very fast computer pratically factory sealed (I chose the Scratch N Dent option which is basically a brand new computer with comsetic blemishes, there's a good chance with these that they aren't even be refurbished).

Dell is doing 25% off their Optiplex Business Desktops from today until 9/13/13 (Friday). I saw this on Twitter, and then I saw the OP $400 gift card promo dealio.

Here's the good news for my particular case. I need a friggin monitor... I just moved and actually gave away and sold a ton of stuff to make my move easier (not really thinking I'd need one down the line). So what's cool is I can at least get a new monitor pretty much for FREE using that promo card. So to sum it all up. Not 2 shabby.

acroholbrook said:   Hey flyingmustang. I just purchased an Optiplex 7010 with an intel i7-3630QM for $604.00 shipped after tax. I DID buy the $400.00 gift card. What happens is they send you the gift card and also e-mail you a $75.00 'promo' gift card. The stickler here is that you CAN NOT combine both a promo gift card and a regular gift card in the same order... thanks a lot Dell ... ya rat bas*ards!! ................
Actually you can combine them. It has been noted in some Dell promo threads that they can be combined either by phone or chat order.
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1276168/m17790874/#m17...

VegasVegan said:   
acroholbrook said:   Hey flyingmustang. I just purchased an Optiplex 7010 with an intel i7-3630QM for $604.00 shipped after tax. I DID buy the $400.00 gift card. What happens is they send you the gift card and also e-mail you a $75.00 'promo' gift card. The stickler here is that you CAN NOT combine both a promo gift card and a regular gift card in the same order... thanks a lot Dell ... ya rat bas*ards!! ................
Actually you can combine them. It has been noted in some Dell promo threads that they can be combined either by phone or chat order.
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1276168/m17790874/#m17...

Thanks Vegas, I will give it a shot and see if I can replicate their success that way.

Can anyone confirm if you can still use both GCs via chat or phone?

Does anyone know if there is an expiration date on the gift card?

This would be great for next-gen consoles.

megeso725 said:   Does anyone know if there is an expiration date on the gift card?
The gift card ($400) no.
The promo card ($75) expires 90 days after issuance.

Interesting... I'm trying to determine if i can find a good deal here.

Just got this from my employer:

DEALS ON DELLS FOR EMPLOYEES:
Looking for a new computer for yourself or a student in your life? Dell has a promotion in which Fifth Third Bancorp employees buying select personal computers can get a $200 gift card to use toward a tablet computer or accessories. Click here for details.

When I click the details, it says:
Last week to buy a Dell and get a $200 Promo eGift Card* on select PCs $699 and above.Shop Now

Then I click the details and it takes me here:
http://www.dell.com/content/topics/segtopic.aspx/student-offer?c...

I find the fine-print says:

*Member Purchase Program student offer is valid on select PCs and tablets over $699.99. Offer is valid from 5/2/2013 through 9/26/2013 6 a.m. Offers are not combinable or stackable with other Dell promotions, coupons or discounts. Offers do not apply to, and are not available with, systems or items purchased through refurbished items or spare parts. Promotional eGift Card: Ships separately from purchase and typically arrives in 10-20 days from ship date via email; expires in 90 days (except where prohibited by law). Terms and conditions apply. See www.dell.com/giftcard/promoterms. Promotional eGift Card is not combinable with any other offers or discounts; purchase does not qualify for Dell Advantage 5 percent Promo eGift Card.

So I'm trying to determine if I can buy the 400$ gift card, get 75$ off, then buy a 'select laptop' for 699 (use my 400GC and 75 egift card)so then I'd have to spend (699-75)=624 and I'd get my 200 promo and so it would cost me 424?

Not sure if I'd be able to sell me 200 egift card within the expiration date? Or I'd turn around and buy another laptop right away and do the same thing, but it would only cost me 224, assuming I could sell the 2nd egift card

lol. I'm guessing there is something that I can't stack or that they'd deny in my attempts.

I'm thinking about pairing this deal with the $25 giftcard from the GTA V deal. So 3 - GCs adding up to $500 and costing me $400 to get my next-gen system.

all of that is possible. the online chat can combine multiple gcs on one order, even multiple promotional ones.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014