• Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

Famous Maker Desktop Hexa-Core 3.8GHz 6GB DDR3 1.5TB SATA USB 3.0 Windows 8 SL
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
This was a mess - 2 different CSR's assured me it was for 2 modules and twice Amazon sent sent only one. So after 3 orde... (more)

thirddowndraw (Oct. 20, 2013 @ 10:54a) |

Anyone else's dvd drive sound like a outboard in need of a tune-up?

thirddowndraw (Oct. 20, 2013 @ 10:58a) |

• Get reliable performance from the AMD FX-6200 six-core processor
  • 6GB DDR3 memory – For multitasking power, expandable... (more)

IamN41 (Nov. 28, 2013 @ 1:34p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Nice, thanks!

Ayla said:   Nice, thanks!

I am uncertain why someone (ogg) would RED a compliment. I hope he or she sits down unexpectedly on a wet toilet seat.

I agree Logan 71

I might scrap this ..for the components alone for a home build!

$5 shipping plus taxes in CA.

This is a very good deal and a very good system.. In for one!

Dang, I just bought a bundle from Newegg that has similar config for about the same price, less the video card. In fact my bundle hasn't arrived yet til tomorrow.

This deal is awesome. I would have gotten this one if I didn't buy the bundle.

h2oefx said:   I might scrap this ..for the components alone for a home build!
  How much would the parts cost if purchased separately buying on sale or shopping for lowest price?

What is Windows 8 SL?

txelcheepo said:   What is Windows 8 SL?
  System builder version. SL stands for Single Language.

Just to be clear here, the video card alone is worth ~$250: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008H6719C/ref=redir_mdp_mobile

very good

polishdreamer said:   Just to be clear here, the video card alone is worth ~$250: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008H6719C/ref=redir_mdp_mobile
  If you're parting it out and trying to sell it.  But, the 7570 is much weaker than a 7850 which is around 150-180 from the egg.

Better than integrated graphics for sure!

Logan71 said:   
Ayla said:   Nice, thanks!

I am uncertain why someone (ogg) would RED a compliment. I hope he or she sits down unexpectedly on a wet toilet seat.

Maybe ogg hit the wrong button?  I've greened both of you to offset.

polishdreamer said:   Just to be clear here, the video card alone is worth ~$250: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008H6719C/ref=redir_mdp_mobile

No, that just happens to be someone gouging for what appears to be a rare HP part number.  Card on Ebay

Any other PCI-E video card not requiring another external power cord (6-pin -- or if you want to use an adapter) should work here.  In other words, you have a lot of options and the card itself isn't particularly powerful.  Not complaining at the price.

Easy to compare this to an intel Quad Core i7, or is that apples to oranges?

http://ark.intel.com/products/52213 

Edit: NM...seems that I should stick with the Quad Core i7.

I couldn't resist. Just the parts in this thing are worth the asking price.

I need to convert Hi8 video from my old tapes to DVD, or at least make digital back-ups. I also want to convert AVCHD files to something more useful. Would this computer be able to do the trick? Right now my AVCHD files playback at about 4 fps, but that is with an archaic Dell.

Good price and the 460W PSU is adequate for mid-level GPU upgrades in the future if need be.

My problem is that I have too many computers...

f2000sa said:   My problem is that I have too many computers...
  That's your wife talking.

Careful. Radeon 7570 is an entry level card. It is worth closer to $25 than $250. Might get $25 to $50, less fees, from an eBay sale.

Awesome price! I have an HP core i7 refurb from 3 years ago, still my best computer. Recently loaded Win 8.

OP you're making me think hard on this

This looks great - but how can I downgrade to windows 7? Is this easy?

I need a new pc for home so bad - but I also use it for work, so for some programs to work I would need windows 7

Thanks OP in for 1

ragehot said:   Thanks OP in for 1
  same here, thanks.

7570 is an OEM only(manufacturer, system builder), re-badged amd radeon 6570 as shown here:
http://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/393/radeon-hd-7570.html   

7570's are not available to general public, which is why if you do find them they're probably very high prices (no one really sells them in retail channels so why compete with the little stock out there).

6570's (their equivalent) sell for about $50
http://www.amazon.com/Sapphire-Radeon-PCI-Express-Graphics-100323-2L/dp/B0086ZV2L2   

OEM's sometimes ask for companies to provide them with a model number that makes components look more current than they actually are (so that their system with a current gen processor appears to have a current gen graphics card etc..)

Also, even high end cards get redbadged. 

For example, I recently bought an Nvidia 770, which is really just an Nvidia 680. The new 780 is, as I recall, the last gen's titan.

I think the titan was (up until a month ago at least I haven't checked) the only card based on a truly new chip.

It is very good!I like,thanks.

I just wonder how loud this thing is.....

Tempting but what the hell with SL version!
Keep in mind that you can't upgrade Windows 8 SL version to others. Pretty much stuck with what you have. You can always buy a new license at higher price though.

Warranty: 90 Day Woot Limited Warranty

Still think it's a fairly warm deal, assuming your luck run good.

I have read that Windows 8 SL is not upgradable. Does that mean that we will not be able to get Windows 8.1? Does anyone know for sure?

txelcheepo said:   What is Windows 8 SL?
  SL stands for System Builder License.  These are the same as a OEM. There is no difference  in the actual Windows 8 OS

BudmanTom said:   I just wonder how loud this thing is.....
  I'm interested in this too. Would this make a good and silent HTPC / gaming rig?

gtdad said:   I have read that Windows 8 SL is not upgradable. Does that mean that we will not be able to get Windows 8.1? Does anyone know for sure?
The only difference in a SL and a retail license for Windows 8 is that you cannot install additional language packs on SL releases since they are licenses for use in only one country.

For ~$350 without monitor and K&M, it's a maybe.

The Mobo and CPU are pretty cheap to get. The GPU is kinda weak even with the 3gb. The real cost is the OS, which make it a fair deal.

The problem that I don't like about it is the AMD. It's overheat too easily. Even worst when you add a powerful GPU in there. The two light up like a lightbulb. If you are going with an AMD, you really need a great cooling system. No just good, but great. When the heat began to rise, your gaming begin to slow down. Maybe for a regular gamer that isn't a problem, but for a serious gamer, it's a big problem.

I tried different ways to build a better cooling system such as 5 powerful 120mm fans, liquid cooling, and even cast the CPU cooler directly into case metal frame. The next one that I want to try is take a small fridge and convert into a "case" for the computer. Moisture and water may be a problem, unless I turn it down to a low level.

Basically, Intel is the better way to go even if it costs double as much. I believe Intel is coming out with new CPU that produce less heat, especially handy for tablets and smartphones.

In for one. Thanks!

Skipping 146 Messages...

• Get reliable performance from the AMD FX-6200 six-core processor
  • 6GB DDR3 memory – For multitasking power, expandable to 32GB
  • 1.5TB SATA hard drive has plenty of space to store your digital albums, music library and rich media files
  • Radeon HD 7570 graphics card with 2GB DDR3 dedicated memory for lush images with stunning detail
  • USB 3.0 has transmission speeds of up to 5 Gbit/s, which is 10 times faster than USB 2.0
  • SuperMulti DVD±RW drive – watch movies on your computer; read and write CDs and DVDs in multiple formats
  • The front-panel multimedia card reader makes it easy to transfer photos, music, and other files to and from your digital camera and other peripheral devices
  • Connect to a broadband modem or router with wired Ethernet, or wirelessly connect to a Wi-Fi signal or hotspot with the built-in 802.11b/g/n wireless connection
  • Easily link with other Bluetooth-enabled devices, such as a mobile phone or MP3s players
  • Windows® 8 makes the things you do every day easier

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 12:00AM CST (Midnight) tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.