• Go to page :
  • 123 4 5
  • Text Only
Of course I get ship notification an hour after I post. Coming from Yuma as others have stated.

Just to pile on....mine arrived today in Albuquerque. Shipped from Yuma, AZ per FedEx Ground tracking. Box label indicated model number "TS-4351-8h" In the past this "Model number" was HP's in reverse so I agree it appears to be a H8-1534. I've never used Win-8 so installed Classic Shell almost immediately and will wait for the 8.1 update/upgrade. I also installed the 53+ windows updates when prompted and a Graphics driver update. I agree it seems to really boot pretty fast but when I ran the Windows Experience thing I was disappointed it only indicated 5.9 based on teh HD dist transfer rate. Hmmmmm, I guess the Seagate 1.5TB isn't the fastest drive out there.

Processor AMD FX(tm)-6200 Six-Core Processor 7.5
Determined by lowest subscore

Memory (RAM) 10.0 GB 7.5
Graphics AMD Radeon HD 7570 6.7
Gaming graphics 6887 MB Total available graphics memory 6.7
Primary hard disk 1349GB Free (1382GB Total) 5.9
Windows 8 Single Language

This is the exact same score I have seen on 2 other 7200 RPM drives since the Windows Experience Score started.  I am wondering if it is just a default score for a 7200 RPM drive. 
Rick505 said:   
I agree it seems to really boot pretty fast but when I ran the Windows Experience thing I was disappointed it only indicated 5.9 based on teh HD dist transfer rate. Hmmmmm, I guess the Seagate 1.5TB isn't the fastest drive out there.

Nevermind, I guess you need to press it really hard.  I needed to use a sharpie cap to get it to work.

Is there a separate usb receiver for the keyboard or does it share the one that was attached to the mouse? If so how do I connect the keyboard, I'm pressing the button on the back but nothing happens? Thanks

I hope mine has no Snafus. really not up to having to deal with problems!

I got mine today and having problems installing the video card AMD Radeon HD 7570 drivers. Somehow I am not able to adjust the resolution on my 24" Samsung Sync Master HDTV Monitor. Screen is stretched and not able to fit. Based on the posting on various web sites I have to download and install OEM (Manufacturer Specific Driver) for the video card and AMD driver will not work as these 7570 series video cards are specially build for manufacturers and only their specific drivers will give you the option to adjust the card properties. I download the latest AMD Radeon HD 7570 driver from HP Website (for HP Model H8-1534) and once installed this OEM specific video driver able to configure video card and also can see the option when right click my mouse on the desktop. So please make sure you will download and install (and save) this driver.

I think the reason we don't have default this driver installed because this 3rd party vendor install the brand new Windows 8 license on these rebuild machines therefore those OEM specific drivers are not installed, which is good in way that we don't have HP specific crap installed on the machine, but to have more access to video card properties we have to make sure to download the driver from HP website.

I confirmed these are HP-1534 dekstop machines, with 10 GB default RAM installed (instead of 6 GB as given in the specifications). I am really happy to order this machine and it's really fast.

Hey phermat did you end up using the 32gb of ram? I sent you a pm

Does anyone know how to make backup dvd's with this pre-installed OS or know if its possible? I noticed it did not come with any disks and I do not see a program to do so... Thanks!

Another thing, have any of you noticed with your new machines the power supply making a quiet buzzing sound? Especially if you open up a game or do something a bit intensive? I know some power supplies buzz a little, just wanted to see if I am the only one! :-/

i read something about making a recover usb with an empty 8 gig usb stick so I ordered a couple flash drives. I think i read it under recovery in the control panel. but i am sure someone with much more experience will reply

So 1 of these -

DIMM # 1
SMBus address 0x51
Memory type DDR3
Module format UDIMM
Manufacturer (ID) Ramaxel Technology (7F7F7F7F43000000)
Size 2048 MBytes
Max bandwidth PC3-12800 (800 MHz)
Part number RMR5030ED58E8W1600

And 2 of these -

DIMM # 2
SMBus address 0x52
Memory type DDR3
Module format UDIMM
Manufacturer (ID) Ramaxel Technology (7F7F7F7F43000000)
Size 4096 MBytes
Max bandwidth PC3-12800 (800 MHz)
Part number RMR5030EB68F9W1600

yeah I saw that AIDA64 gave me basically the same info. I may just get another 2GB stick just to fill all 4 slots not sure if the order they are installed matters

Can you mix and match the ram? I assumed you would want to have at least matching pairs.

i have read a bit about that and something i read I think talked about how that used to be the case but not so much anymore..I will do some googling and see what the thoughts are..even with that matching which slots match???

robstahl21 said:   it comes with 3 ram sticks... which disables dual channel, which is totally stupid. so you'd definitely want to get another 2gb stick to make 4x2gb and back into dual channel
   see TDD...I just don't know about this dual channel stuff

I'm not sure that clears things up for me.

me neither!!! lol if i can find a 2 GB i might get it other wise I am going to assume 10 GB in 3 slots will be fine for my needs..if it ain't broke.....

also by the way i thought i read about how noisy the desktop was...I can barely hear anything i had to check to make sure all the fans were running

Mine is running super quiet as well.

Agreed, glad its quiet. I pulled out the 2gb so it could run in dual channel mode. I guess I will try and find a matching 2gb chip.

It would be nice to know if anyone else has a buzzing power supply under load. I think I am going to replace mine for good measure anyhow..

I anyone else thinking about getting the 7770 for their rig?

http://www.fatwallet.com/Newegg-coupons/msi-radeon-1gb-hd-7770-g...

Hi All,

What about this memory, is it compatible with this machine. I am think to remove the single 2GB DIMM and put this 8 GB (2 x 4GB) DIMM modules.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8524692&Sku=C10-9998X2

not sure how much diff it makes But I think the memory that came with the desktop is 1600 not 1333 FWIW!

The last Newegg Shellshocker deal tonight is for 16GB (2x8GB) memory...will this work in our systems?
Specs:
Team Model TLD316G1600HC10ADC01
16GB (2 x 8GB)
DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
Cas Latency 10
10-10-10-27
1.5V
ECC No
Unbuffered
Multi-channel Kit
Dual Channel Kit
Intel XMP1.3, compatible with series Intel 7 chipsets and higher.
Aluminum heat-sink
Product link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820313354

i believe that is exactly the memory though the cas latency could be different but not sure that matters as I don't even know what it is course never sure about quality etc

Maybe it's not compatible -- manufacturer specs for the memory going on sale's says it will work with M/B Chipsets: AMD 990, MB's: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX, ASUS M5A99X EVO, and CPU's Phenom IIX4 945 and Phenom IIX4 955. Our pc Chipset is AMD 970...I'm guessing this is a problem?

never knew there could be so much memory that was the same type but obviously is different!! good luck

https://www.google.com/search?q=Team+16GB+(2+x+8GB)+DDR3+1600+(P...

billtmore said:   i believe that is exactly the memory though the cas latency could be different but not sure that matters as I don't even know what it is course never sure about quality etc
  Mine says 11 clocks. I don't know anything about over or under clocking but I would venture they should all be the same.

Well the power supply buzzes... Do i return it to woot or just buy a new power supply. I think they will pay return shipping since it is DOA..... They say I cannot return just the power supply, lol.

Dang my luck!

I decided to leave the memory as is for now, but I am going to add a Samsung ssd.

hippielady said:   I decided to leave the memory as is for now, but I am going to add a Samsung ssd.
I suppose you want to boot off of the SSD... if so, how do you plan to move the OS from the HDD to the SSD?

I have 2 New-In-Box 64GB SSDs sitting around, and am wondering if I can RAID them, and use that as my boot drive.

Also, I had ordered 2 of these desktops, one for me and one for the wife. I'd like to pull the 2x4GB RAMs from her desktop and make mine 4x4GB, leave her desktop at 2x2GB temporarily and then add another 2x2GB, to make hers 8GB.
Will the UEFI cause any issues with this plan? (This is my first time dealing with UEFI as well as Win 8, so, I have no clue how this works!)

Thanks!

Cubexco, I purchased a 256gb Samsung 840 Evo: http://www.samsung.com/us/840-evo I'll be migrating the current drive to the ssd via the software that comes w/the ssdrive (I hear from a friend it's excellent, and you can read about it on the bottom of the page I linked to above.) Since the pc is new and only has 70 gb or so on it at present, and because I store most docs, music, photos, videos, etc on a nas or external hard drives, I'll be reserving the ssd primarily for the OS and select programs. On black Friday I'll be watching sales for a larger ssd, if I find a good price on one I'll probably migrate my content over again to that ssd, and move this one to another pc in my office.

I wouldn't think moving the memory between identical systems would present any problems, as long as you pair them correctly. I haven't cracked the case on this pc yet, however most of the systems I've upgraded in the past had the memory slots set up as 1-3-2-4, (some were color coded) but doublecheck when you open the case or maybe you can find that info on the HP site.

hippie lady take some speed data before and after the hard drive swap it would be interesting to see how different tasks are improved..because I have read that the HD is the slow point for this system!

hippielady said:   Cubexco, I purchased a 256gb Samsung 840 Evo: http://www.samsung.com/us/840-evo   I'll be migrating the current drive to the ssd via the software that comes w/the ssdrive (I hear from a friend it's excellent, and you can read about it on the bottom of the page I linked to above.)
Thanks!
The SSDs I have came with similar software. Not sure whether it will work if I RAID the SSDs. I guess I'll find out when I try

On another note, has anyone figured out if this mobo can be flashed with the non-HP BIOS?

Billtmore, I'll be happy to...can you or anyone recommend a free program to benchmark a before and after?

I don't know any programs...I am so old fashioned..i was just thinking to use a stop watch!! LOL

nm

bought this today for the new computer from new egg 2.49 after rebate and coupon
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1300933/?newest=1#last 

I powered up the PC and it booted up to the USER screen. Win8 had already been activated (?)
Started updating drivers, rebooted a couple of times.
While updating the BIOS, it froze. So, I waited for about 5-8 mins and finally used the Power Button to switch it off and restart it. Upon restart, it beeps 8 times, during which the power LED stays yellow. After the 8 beeps, the power LED turns blue but no video on my monitor

Any ideas what I can try now?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014