• Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Pioneer VSX-1023-K 7-Channel
Disclaimer
get a free $50 Regal movie gift card with purchase

www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882117422 

Newegg
See Newegg discounts that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Pioneer VSX1023-K 7-Channel Receiver
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

With BF just around the corner, I wonder if I should wait. My old Pioneer is more than 10 yrs old.

Well Amazon has this receiver for $499.99 and in the past when Newegg discounts this level of Pioneer receiver it goes down to $299.99 so getting the gift card is a nice bonus in this case.

TonyDls said:   With BF just around the corner, I wonder if I should wait. My old Pioneer is more than 10 yrs old.
 This is a solid price, but you could wait.  But I would hold off for another reason.  This particular pioneer doesn't have 4K upscaling. If you are planning on keeping it for 10 years again, then make sure to get as much future proofing as possible.I would wait and get one with 4k upscaling features. Some of the pioneer elite models feature it, and can be found for a great price at Best Buy open box/clearance deals.

Sweet, they include a $50 gc to use at a place that results in me using less of the product I bought. Oh the irony

Hot deal, at least it has4K pass thru, just what I was waiting for. I've had Onyko and Yamaha but I love Pioneer, easy to use, aesthetically nice, and plenty of features.

i have carver that's probably 20 years old ..

Grand Total: $499.99

190rev said:   
TonyDls said:   With BF just around the corner, I wonder if I should wait. My old Pioneer is more than 10 yrs old.
 This is a solid price, but you could wait.  But I would hold off for another reason.  This particular pioneer doesn't have 4K upscaling. If you are planning on keeping it for 10 years again, then make sure to get as much future proofing as possible.I would wait and get one with 4k upscaling features. Some of the pioneer elite models feature it, and can be found for a great price at Best Buy open box/clearance deals.

4k upscaling is a very intersting technology, but IMO future proofing, especially in electronics is not worth it. Couple of months ago I replaced a Sony Grand WEGA 720p LCD (old right) with an 1080p LED at less than 1/2 the price paid for the 720p. Sony, Samsung, el al, may introduce a tv where 4k scaling is needed, but not today; 1080p will just fine for the next several years. The 7-channel is more appealing to me right now since I'm thinking of adding two more speakers. Now, speakers are where paying more money makes sense.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014