• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Best Buy has a promo thru Monday:
Trade in any working smartphone and get $100 towards an iPhone 5.  The 16gb iPhone 5 is $100, so it's a wash (except tax).  This assumes a 2-yr contract or renewal upgrade.  
I traded in a Palm Pixi Plus that I bought off criagslist for $15. I called to confirm the specific model I was going to trade qualified.  It showed no value on their trade site but worked for the $100.  
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Electronics-Promotions/Online-Trade-... 

Best Buy
See Best Buy discounts that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Iphone 5
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Did not work for me (Fort Myers, FL). According to fine print, the phone had to have a value (can't be showing up $0).

From the website t&c's:

Device must have a value in order to be considered working.

Does anyone know how much ETF is?

is this New Jersey only?

MISTERCHEAP said:   is this New Jersey only?
  I was successful in Michigan. Should be nationwide 

says my current phone is worth 0. Did not attempt in store.

I did trade in my iphone3gs
When i was there a guy came in with a phone that was worth 0 per the associate at desk but he called the manager who was able to get him a 100$ credit..

So its trying at the store or 2

drgopoos said:   I did trade in my iphone3gs
When i was there a guy came in with a phone that was worth 0 per the associate at desk but he called the manager who was able to get him a 100$ credit..

So its trying at the store or 2

a working 3Gs should probably get you $50 on eBay or craigs, you should have brought in something crappier!

I was successful in Maryand

I will let my brother know about this offer

Offer fine print exactly. 'Customer must be eligible for a new 2-year agreement to receive Gift Card for this promotion.' Has anyone been successful in applying this deal toward a renewal? Thanks.

Thanks but I will buy iPhon 5S!

elmsuegr said:   Offer fine print exactly. 'Customer must be eligible for a new 2-year agreement to receive Gift Card for this promotion.' Has anyone been successful in applying this deal toward a renewal? Thanks.
  Mine was a upgrade/renewal. 

Just traded my HTC 8525 for 100 credit on 2 yr renewal. Value was 0 but they still gave me the 100 credit. Got the 32gb for 170 including tax ou the door.

My hubby traded his old 3GS for the iphone 5 today at Best Buy. They looked up the value and it was $40, but gave him the $100 credit for the iphone 5. He is happy. Only had to pay the tax on the $100. This was an upgrade with a 2 yr contract. Good deal!

bajasue said:   My hubby traded his old 3GS for the iphone 5 today at Best Buy. They looked up the value and it was $40, but gave him the $100 credit for the iphone 5. He is happy. Only had to pay the tax on the $100. This was an upgrade with a 2 yr contract. Good deal!

How did he do this today? Didn't this offer expire yesterday?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014