• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Link 

Original price is $20. Item is currently pre-order only available Sept 30

• Official Amazon 5W, 1A power adapter works in US, Canada, Mexico, Taiwan and Japan
  • Power adapter's prongs conveniently fold for storage and travel
  • Charges Kindle Paperwhite in less than 5 hours
  • Also approved to work with Kindle Fire HD 7", Kindle Fire, Kindle Touch, Kindle Keyboard, and Kindle DX
  • For use with the micro USB cable included with your Kindle and replacements sold in the Kindle Store

Amazon
Get Up to 6.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

Kindle Power Adapter
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Great deal. Thanks, OP!

Great deal, thanks!

in for two. thanks.

Also get $2 MP3 credit, so essentially free

Special Offers and Product Promotions
Buy a Kindle Accessory, get $2 in MP3 credit. Here's how (restrictions apply)

N41, thanks

Benefits of this compared to other powerblocks? I have a bunch of other brands of these lying around right now. Thanks.

Got one to go with my new Paperwhite preorder!

Wonder if it will charge an ipad (2.1)

edick said:   Benefits of this compared to other powerblocks? I have a bunch of other brands of these lying around right now. Thanks.

Most of the off-brand models will only do 500ma or less, so they won't charge certain devices.  At 1A, these should be the good ones which are generally more expensive.

forbin4040 said:   Wonder if it will charge an ipad (2.1)

It should.  I have an older Kindle charger and it charges my ipad and iphone just fine.  At $2, I'm buying several of these for just that reason.

Shows as $19.99 for me. What am I missing?

jcantanixon said:   Shows as $19.99 for me. What am I missing?
  Just Luck

Amazon already updated it back to $19.99 I guess. It's possible it'll get reduced again, but I think this deal is dead now.  (Note that camelcamelcamel doesn't reflect the price update back to $19.99 yet.)

Dead deal.

I think everyone is missing the big picture here...pre-order available Sept 30th means the new Kindles will be available 9/30 as well

STUPID QUESTION: These can also power/charge ANY USB device...right? (Hey, I'm a technologically impaired Amishman...gimme a break)

Slider said:   I think everyone is missing the big picture here...pre-order available Sept 30th means the new Kindles will be available 9/30 as well

Yes, the new Kindle Paperwhites will begin shipping on the 30th:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AWH595M 

Scumbag said:   
edick said:   Benefits of this compared to other powerblocks? I have a bunch of other brands of these lying around right now. Thanks.

Most of the off-brand models will only do 500ma or less, so they won't charge certain devices.  At 1A, these should be the good ones which are generally more expensive.

This is the lower rated of the Amazon official chargers.  The other is rated 9W, 1.8A and can be found here:

http://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Kindle-PowerFast-Accelerated-Charging/dp/B006GWO5WK/  

The Ipad charges at 10W, 2.1A so the charger in this thread will charge an Ipad slower than the standard Apple charger.  The Iphone charger is 5W comparable to this charger.  They will work, but will take longer to charge up an Ipad.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014