• Go to page :
  • 1 234
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Samsung Galaxy Centura Android TracFone with 25 Google Play Card, 600 Minutes, at HSN.com
Disclaimer
First Ever Android on Tracfone - Samsung Galaxy Centura $129.95 - HSNHSN is offering an Android on Tracfone, the first of its kind. Phone is triple minutes for life and includes a lot of goodies:

1. $25 Google Play Card
2. 600 Minutes, 600 Text and 600 MB of Data
3. Car Charger
4. Choice of Back Cover

This phone is unique as it offers three different tanks of minutes; your minutes, texts and data are no longer shared. Great value! Nice to see Tracfone add an Android handset to their lineup!

http://www.hsn.com/products/samsung-galaxy-centura-android-tracf...

HSN
Need a HSN coupon that earns Up to 3.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
TracFone
Need a TracFone coupon that earns Up to 15.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

centura
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Better cpu 800 vs 1000mhz better camera with flash and 4 gig sd card

madmikie (Jan. 15, 2014 @ 7:53a) |

I got this tracfone through HSN with the Google Play Promotion but activated everything first because of so many bad rev... (more)

toni503 (Jan. 24, 2014 @ 5:33p) |

You are not going to loose your Google Play credit; that is applied to whichever Google account you added it to, not the... (more)

1chris1 (Jan. 24, 2014 @ 6:05p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

This is rumored to be the Special Of The Day on Saturday Sept 21 (tomorrow).

Would special of the day make it less? Also, does anyone know that if I have an existing Tracfone with minutes and it doesn't expire for over a year, will the time add together if I buy this phone?

donrull said:   Also, does anyone know that if I have an existing Tracfone with minutes and it doesn't expire for over a year, will the time add together if I buy this phone?

This is what the HSN link says:
Minutes carried over from an existing Tracfone will translate into minutes, text messages and MB of data on your TracFone Android smartphone

donrull said:   Would special of the day make it less? Also, does anyone know that if I have an existing Tracfone with minutes and it doesn't expire for over a year, will the time add together if I buy this phone?

If you're willing to spend at least an hour on the phone with a rep whose English leaves something to be desired and enter what seems to be an un-ending series of numbers multiple times into your new phone, you can change phones and add your current minutes and airtime to your new phone. The good news is that the reps are almost unfailingly polite, if somewhat unintelligible. The new minutes and airtime of the new phone package will be added to your current ones.

The other bonus of this phone is that it uses Verizon as the carrier instead of some of the other less reliable carriers which are used in many other Tracfones.

donrull said:   Would special of the day make it less? Also, does anyone know that if I have an existing Tracfone with minutes and it doesn't expire for over a year, will the time add together if I buy this phone?

This is most likely their presale for the item.  I have seen HSN raise the price on something the next day, but I do not see them lowering the price the day after they launch it.

Anyone know if they'll have a gsm model soon?

Does the phone come with 600min/600text/600mb? Can you add min/text/mb separately (I'm thinking the data expires monthly) or is this a montly plan? More details please.

TonyDls said:   Does the phone come with 600min/600text/600mb? Can you add min/text/mb separately (I'm thinking the data expires monthly) or is this a montly plan? More details please.
  It says it comes with 600 minutes/600 text/600 mb.  It looks like when you add a card to it, you get all three.  It does say data stacks and carries over so it will not expire monthly.  Tracfone is pay as you go so there is not a monthly plan.

johnniefive said:   
TonyDls said:   Does the phone come with 600min/600text/600mb? Can you add min/text/mb separately (I'm thinking the data expires monthly) or is this a montly plan? More details please.
  It says it comes with 600 minutes/600 text/600 mb.  It looks like when you add a card to it, you get all three.  It does say data stacks and carries over so it will not expire monthly.  Tracfone is pay as you go so there is not a monthly plan.

Could be a good deal if the web exclusive cards can be tripled. This would be cheaper than Lycamobile, which has $.02 everything, but then again cost is not everything.

TF $160/$200 card is equivalent to Lyca costing $180/$270. Of course the deal breaker will be the cost of the data add-on cards, since data can be added as needed. Some can live with 3000/4500 min for a year, or maybe even 3000/4500 text for a year, but 3G/4.5G for a whole year is a stretch.

But then  there is the phone selection. Definitely a good deal for those upgrading from flip phones

johnniefive said:   
 Tracfone is pay as you go so there is not a monthly plan.

Tracfone monthly plans:
https://www.tracfone.com/direct/ValuePlans?app=TRACFONE&lang=en 

It looks like the same phone is only $99 at WalMart through Straight Talk. I don't know how their plans compare, but in case that's a consideration for anyone.

CrashCart9 said:   It looks like the same phone is only $99 at WalMart through Straight Talk. I don't know how their plans compare, but in case that's a consideration for anyone.
  Under "Phone Details", it states that the $99 phone is reconditioned.

dennisfuller said:   
johnniefive said:   
 Tracfone is pay as you go so there is not a monthly plan.

Tracfone monthly plans:
https://www.tracfone.com/direct/ValuePlans?app=TRACFONE&lang=en  

Yes they do have monthly plans available, but they are not required. Most people I know simply buy minutes for their Tracfones.

Are these phones unlocked?. Can we switch provider  later  or   get tied in  for  ever?

FYI:

• Phone must be activated and promotional package requested by 12/31/2013 to receive promotional minutes and days of service
  • Promotion includes: 600 minutes, 600 text, 600MB of data + 90 days of service

does the phone also have wifi?

CrashCart9 said:   It looks like the same phone is only $99 at WalMart through Straight Talk. I don't know how their plans compare, but in case that's a consideration for anyone.
 Straight Talk -  This phone will only work with the $45 Unlimited* Plan or the $60 Unlimited* + International Plan

with tracfone you can just buy a $20 card every 90 days and get 180 minutes AND 180 texts AND 180MB data.

ducklings said:   Are these phones unlocked?. Can we switch provider  later  or   get tied in  for  ever?
  Tracfone handsets are never unlocked and generally can't be used on ANY other service (including Net10 or Straight Talk.
the structure still calls for the phone to keep track of the usage which means it has proprietary firmware for Tracfone.
Perhaps someone will find a way to flash them.

Tracfone transfers can be done online.

FrugalFreak said:   does the phone also have wifi?
 Additional Specs
Wi-Fi: Yes
Bluetooth: Yes
GPS: Yes
Web Browser: Yes
Voice Recognition: Yes
Video Recording: Yes
Multimedia Functions: Yes
Radio: No
Messaging: Text and data
Speakerphone: Yes
International Capability: Yes, see www.tracfone.com for details
Inputs/Outputs: microUSB, headphone, microSD/SDHC (cards sold separately)

MrWizzard said:   The other bonus of this phone is that it uses Verizon as the carrier instead of some of the other less reliable carriers which are used in many other Tracfones.
  Does this mean you may not be able to port a # from a previous AT&T or T-Mobile tracfone? I'm wondering if anyone has had experience with this on Net10.

Has anybody done the math on this?
Like, how much a month service costs (incl, say 700 MB data)?
If I buy a 120 min card ($30), and get TMFL, HSN says I get 360 MB data.
So for 2 cards, $60, I get 720 MB data.
So a typical month might cost me $60??

OP, this is a great deal specially in this dead and choking economy. repped!

scottsd said:   Has anybody done the math on this?
Like, how much a month service costs (incl, say 700 MB data)?
If I buy a 120 min card ($30), and get TMFL, HSN says I get 360 MB data.
So for 2 cards, $60, I get 720 MB data.
So a typical month might cost me $60??

It says there will be data only cards. If you need more than 600 MB data (200 minute card for $40) then you should probably go with another provider that has a monthly plan.

donrull said:
Would special of the day make it less? Also, does anyone know that if I have an existing Tracfone with minutes and it doesn't expire for over a year, will the time add together if I buy this phone?

This is most likely their presale for the item. I have seen HSN raise the price on something the next day, but I do not see them lowering the price the day after they launch it.

Quoting from above isn't working for me, but I'm wondering 1)how someone gets a rumor of the sale of the day for HSN, and 2)if this reply is indicating the sale of the day price may be higher than today's price. My daughter was excited about the phone until she found out it was tracfone, then said she wouldn't pay for it bc she wants unlimited texting. Right now she's not texting much so I think the 600 brings it down to about 3 $20 cards with tmfl and bonus codes, except that we don't get the days that we needed before when a phone was strictly emergency for her. How long before I regret using tracfone for a teen with few friends? Got 354 minutes to transfer over from her stupid LG800, too.

1chris1 said:   
MrWizzard said:   The other bonus of this phone is that it uses Verizon as the carrier instead of some of the other less reliable carriers which are used in many other Tracfones.
  Does this mean you may not be able to port a # from a previous AT&T or T-Mobile tracfone? I'm wondering if anyone has had experience with this on Net10.

You should be able to do the port process online. You just select the underlying carrier instead of Tracfone. I had a tutorial for that a long time ago but I am sure things have changed, I will check and see what the process is now.

jimates said:   
1chris1 said:     Does this mean you may not be able to port a # from a previous AT&T or T-Mobile tracfone? I'm wondering if anyone has had experience with this on Net10.
  You should be able to do the port process online. You just select the underlying carrier instead of Tracfone. I had a tutorial for that a long time ago but I am sure things have changed, I will check and see what the process is now.

What I meant was; would Tracfone allow you to port a # from a AT&T / T-Mobile Tracfone handset into this new (Verizon) one? I thought I heard (like 2-3 years ago), that sometimes you couldn't when jumping from a handset that uses one carrier to a different one, if the new carrier didn't have that phone #. I believe they were compensating for it with minutes instead. Those were really old handsets though, and hopefully it's changed since a lot of people will be getting the new Verizon handsets.

here is a post from Howardforums.com
Hey All

Just noticed something on the Tracfone Buy Airtime page!

At the bottom of the page there is a new category -- Data Cards Only for Android Phones. With Carryover.

And the denominations are

2 GIG $50 for Web Browsing
750 MEG $20 for Web Browsing
300 MEG $10 for Web Browsing

And next to each category there is a picture of an airtime card with a brand new Tracfone design. Not Net10, not anything else. Just Tracfone. And a brand new design. For Tracfone only. (Did I already say that?)

And there is more. The Tracfone Activate Phones page shows these 4 phones. Word on the street is these are all Verizon-based.

LG L38C LG Optimus Dynamic Gingerbread Android 2.3
SA S738C Samsung Galaxy Centura Android 4.0
ZTE Z665C ZTE Valet Android 4.1
Huawei H868C Huawei Glory Android 4.0

Could it finally be coming true? And could HSN possibly be correct about something? Is there really a new Tracfone Android coming? Hell just might freeze over twice this week.

Online Tutorials

L38C LG Optimus Dynamic Gingerbread Android 2.3
http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/tracfone/home.seam?custId=TFLGL38C&locale=en_US  

SA S738C Samsung Galaxy Centura Android 4.0
http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/tracfone/home.seam?custId=TFSAS738C&locale=en_US  

ZTE Z665C ZTE Valet Android 4.1
http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/tracfone/home.seam?custId=TFZEZ665C&locale=en_US  

Huawei H868C Huawei Glory Android 4.0
http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/tracfone/home.seam?custId=TFHUH868C&locale=en_US  

Airtime Cards

http://www.tracfone.com/  
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

someone on http://www.androidcommunity.com/   who says he works for Tracfone posted on 09/13/13 that the release date for these phones is September 21, 2013. His post sounds like all 4 will be released at the same time.

http://androidcommunity.com/tracfone-set-to-launch-four-new-android-phones-by-lg-20130419/  

do they now allow data transfer to the phone from computer?

I don't know why I can't post anything with a double quote.

1chris1
They can't stop you from porting a number from another carrier. They might tell you that you can't, but if you use the online system and bypass the reps you can get a port done.
In the past to port from tracfone to tracfone you would select your underlying carrier for the carrier and the account number was the same as the phone number. all other info could be made up.

can the phone be rooted?

mmaf said:   can the phone be rooted?
  It has been http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2348559

This phone is def. a dog:

Single-core S1 800mhz processor
4gb of storage
512mb of RAM
3mp camera
3.5" screen (320x480)

This will be slow from day one; just be prepared for that.

mase123987 said:   This phone is def. a dog:

Single-core S1 800mhz processor
4gb of storage
512mb of RAM
3mp camera
3.5" screen (320x480)

This will be slow from day one; just be prepared for that.

not necessarily a bull though

can this phone be a wireless access point, hotspot? and will it do 4g?

I like my tracfone for occasional use but would really like a hotspot, I have considered
switching but this looks like progress in the right direction.

Why is TracFone so slow to catch up on the phone technology?  Seems like they are really milking it Apple style.

johnniefive said:   

This is most likely their presale for the item.  I have seen HSN raise the price on something the next day, but I do not see them lowering the price the day after they launch it.

The phone is now officially on special of the day, and the price is still $129.99 which is a "special" of a $40 discount. So same price as yesterday, but it may change after today. With HSN, not much is clear.

Skipping 97 Messages...
You are not going to loose your Google Play credit; that is applied to whichever Google account you added it to, not the phone. Go to http://wallet.google.com and click on "Payment Methods" to view remaining balance.

The phone # port is another story. Most if us did the minutes & number port when we first activated it. I would call Tracfone and strongly emphasize that you want to transfer your old # into the Centura when you do that.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014