• Go to page :
  • 123 4
  • Text Only
thriftshoplady said:   http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/fj-pollaks-tracfone-most-suc... 

Interesting article on that 'messed up company.' This shady pre paid wireless is the 5th largest. They also rake in huge profits from US subsidies by providing free services like Safelink & Lifeline( this one isn't always free.) I have no problem with those programs but the scathing customer reviews at the end of the article say it all. I change services & phones alot. I'm not expecting longevity with the Centura so I'll find the next cheapest pre paid, move up to a good pre owned iphone5 from eBay and move on.

Thanks I had no idea they were that large.

Like you say lots of dissatisfied customers out there that can't be good.

Well I am sending the phone back to HSN. Many things I don't like about it; memory, speed, battery life, overall quality. After using it for a couple days I can say it is also  over priced.  If this was my first smartphone I would be ok. But I have tried them all and in comparison this is definatly a minimal enty level phone. I miss the iphone and am reactivating it! May go back to att go phone but have heard H2o is very good, cheaper and uses the same signals as att. I see that TF has 2 androids on their website now , this one and the ZTE. They claim that your mins scroll across your android screen which we know isn't the case. I'll go back to TF when they come out with a better android, I'm sure they will but they are slow jumping on that bandwagon for many reasons.

You may be able to get a reduction in your purchase price by $12.00!

When we placed our orders on HSN there was a notice on the order page stating that this order included a free one year subscription to Wired magazine valued at $12.00 if you checked a box on the order.  There was also a form that could be downloaded on that page that said: "If you do not want the magazine subscription and would instead prefer to receive a refund for the stated value, please write "magazine refund" on a copy of your purchase confirmation, complete and print this form and mail within 30 days of your purchase"

I decided I didn't want Wired magazine and will use the $12.00 refund to reduce the cost of this phone.  Along with the 3% Cash Back from linking to HSN from this site, that will make my cost for the phone $114.05.   Pretty decent price for this very nice Tracfone. 

thriftshoplady said:   Well I am sending the phone back to HSN. ...... But I have tried them all and in comparison this is definatly a minimal enty level phone. I miss the iphone and am reactivating it! ....... I'll go back to TF when they come out with a better android, I'm sure they will but they are slow jumping on that bandwagon for many reasons.
 Yes, this is not an iPhone.  It also is not the price of an iPhone or require a large monthly payment.  But to each his own.  We all have different needs and wants. 
I saw a review of the LG 840g Tracfone somewhere (that was Tracfone's best at that time).  The reviewer stated something like "This Tracfone phone is the leading edge of the trailing edge of cellphone technology."  And that's basically true.  Tracfone will always be bringing up the rear in cellphones.  If you're waiting for iPhone quality/capability phones from Tracfone, by the time that happens Apple will have perfected "Mental Telepathy" and be charging $1500 for it!   The Kool-Aid will always be way beyond the reach of Tracfone.

Duh

acefuture said:   You may be able to get a reduction in your purchase price by $12.00!

When we placed our orders on HSN there was a notice on the order page stating that this order included a free one year subscription to Wired magazine valued at $12.00 if you checked a box on the order.  There was also a form that could be downloaded on that page that said: "If you do not want the magazine subscription and would instead prefer to receive a refund for the stated value, please write "magazine refund" on a copy of your purchase confirmation, complete and print this form and mail within 30 days of your purchase"

I decided I didn't want Wired magazine and will use the $12.00 refund to reduce the cost of this phone.  Along with the 3% Cash Back from linking to HSN from this site, that will make my cost for the phone $114.05.   Pretty decent price for this very nice Tracfone. 

Do you have the link to that form so I can print it out?    

thriftshoplady said:   Well I am sending the phone back to HSN. Many things I don't like about it; memory, speed, battery life, overall quality. After using it for a couple days I can say it is also  over priced.  If this was my first smartphone I would be ok. But I have tried them all and in comparison this is definatly a minimal enty level phone. I miss thWe iphone and am reactivating it! May go back to att go phone but have heard H2o is very good, cheaper and uses the same signals as att. I see that TF has 2 androids on their website now , this one and the ZTE. They claim that your mins scroll across your android screen which we know isn't the case. I'll go back to TF when they come out with a better android, I'm sure they will but they are slow jumping on that bandwagon for many reasons.
  I just played with the phone yesterday . It's not bad for my need since I use mainly for phone calls.  With the data mb I can use talkatone to make phone call over the net and also free phone call over wi-fi.   Now if I can find a way to make free international calls then I'm set.

FireDragon064 said:   ...........
Do you have the link to that form so I can print it out?    

Sorry, I looked around and couldn't find one.  The link was present on the page before you confirmed the order for "Wired".  I printed that form out then.   Perhaps you could call HSN customer service and they could direct you..

I pay $30 a month for the iphone with go phone  $25 for mins$5 for data, the data carries over. This is about the lowest price I could find unless someone knows a cheaper carrier where you can bring your own phone. I kept the Centura afterall. I played around with it last nite and I think after I add apps & delete some it will be better. Since I have awhile to return it and all the promo mins., might as well give a go & will make a good back up phone too. I will say this, the browser is much faster than I expected but battery life sucks and still can't figure out voice to text.

This is bad to say I lose phones quite often so I don't want to spend much money on phone anyway. I have ipad and laptop for other needs.

This is bad to say I lose phones quite often so I don't want to spend much money on phone anyway. I have ipad and laptop for other needs.

I recently bought the Huawei Glory phone at WalMart and it is a Tracfone but this one is not listed on their site. However, I had a Samsung phone with them and I changed to the new Android phone all over the internet on their site! Just have your serial numbers and new activation card handy. My minutes from the old phone went right to the android phone and I had about 745 minutes on the old phone and it turned into 745 minutes AND 745 text messages AND 745mb of data! I did not have to buy any air time and it took about 30 minutes and my new phone was up and running! With the triple minutes, triple text messages and triple data per air time card is the cheapest deal around! For a $20/60minute card you get 3 months of service and 180minutes, 180 text messages and 180mb of data. For me the $40 card with 120 minutes and 90 days of service is the same as having unlimited talk, text and data! Unlike the others with their unlimited for $40 per month! I had Tracfone for many years and will never go with the major companies. No need to. Have a happy day and I hope this helps people out.

I switched back to my unlocked iphone and now have it on H20, $10 buys 200 mins, $20 buys 400 mins  both  for 90 days, data & text included.There are many plans to pick from, I'm using pay as you go.  It's 5 cents per min, vs TF @ 10 cents a min.  and I don't have to be tethered to TF's phones. H20 uses ATT signals, the service is fine. I bought the sim on eBay for 99 cents; you can buy them at Best Buy & 711 but they will cost more.  If you're a light cell user you may want to check into it or AirVoice. 

Just got a new TracFone. All the transferring can be done right on the website, with no need to call them. Just be sure to follow instructions and it is a no brainer. I have been with tracfone for over 10 years, and very seldom have I had to call customer service.

thriftshoplady said:   Is there any major difference between the zete valet and the centura? Everyone here seems very tech saavy; changing out apps and messing with the 'guts' of the phone. I don't want to have to do anything, just pick up the phone & use it. I also shouldn't have read so many reviews on the Centura because I'm thinking of returning or reselling it and sticking with my iphone. Centura couldn't be worse than the last 'pretend' smart phones I had with tracfone..could it? I also checked out t mobile pre paid gold and don't see how that could be cheaper than tracfone.
  Better cpu 800 vs 1000mhz better camera with flash and 4 gig sd card

I got this tracfone through HSN with the Google Play Promotion but activated everything first because of so many bad reviews and nightmare stories of people who lost their cell phone numbers they've had for a long, long time. Now I love the phone, and yes, in spite of the weird problems with it (which I'll explain later), I want to port my number that I'VE had for many years, but I'm afraid I'll lose my $25 Google Play which is already on the Samsung Galaxy Centura! I don't want to lose my old phone number from my old tracfone Samsung 390G which has a SIM card if I port it over to the Samsung Galaxy Centura (non-SIM), and I DON'T want to lose my $25 Google Play which is on the new Android phone number. Yes, the time goes back 5 hours, is not reliable, and YES, there is tracfone app that shows your minutes, text messages, and data available. Otherwise, I love this phone!

You are not going to loose your Google Play credit; that is applied to whichever Google account you added it to, not the phone. Go to http://wallet.google.com and click on "Payment Methods" to view remaining balance.

The phone # port is another story. Most if us did the minutes & number port when we first activated it. I would call Tracfone and strongly emphasize that you want to transfer your old # into the Centura when you do that.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014