• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Man what a great deal this is! Don't pass this one up! $20 is a steal!

1TB Buffalo MiniStation Stealth USB 2.0 Portable Hard Drive + Total Defense @ Tiger Direct - $19.99 after Rebates
was $99.99
Shipping Varies

Rebates
$60 off Total Defense Rebate
$20 off 1TB Buffalo Hard Drive

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Member Summary

1TB Buffalo MiniStation Stealth USB 2.0 Portable Hard Drive + Total Defense
Thanks erohrer
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TīgerDīrect + rebate = disaster.

DrKlahn,
Not sure what your experience has been, but I've found TigerDirect rebates (at least the few I've done) to be pretty reliable.  I stopped doing rebate promos for a couple of years (from all vendors) due to headaches in the past, but the 4 or so TD rebates I've done in the last year have been very quick (usually approval within 2 weeks, still will take the full 6-8 to get the actual check).

Love these deals. Make sure you haven't done the TDI rebate at Tiger this month already. Rebate runs the whole month.

do we have to actually install the software? I know we can cancel subscription- but if the activation can be done and no install, that would be good.

thanks

I actually needs a drive now. I will take this default risk for saving $40 or so. thanks.

Hmmmm...Shipping + tax in Illinois makes this $32...

what kind of drive is inside???

______________________________________________SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONSThe product must be activated prior to rebate redemption. Activation will require a valid credit card however your subscription may be cancelled atanytime. Total Defense will verify that the product has been activated.

DAKn2 said:   Hmmmm...Shipping + tax in Illinois makes this $32...

And 5% Cash Back.

prastogi said:   do we have to actually install the software? 
  No, you do not.  You can activate the subscription online without ever taking the CD out of its case.  Then 15 minutes later cancel the auto-renewal and never worry about it again.

BennyZz said:   
DAKn2 said:   Hmmmm...Shipping + tax in Illinois makes this $32...

And 5% Cash Back.

I only see 1% FatCash.  Where do you see 5% CashBack??

DrKlahn said:   TīgerDīrect + rebate = disaster.
 2005 called, they want their timely and valid consumer info back. TD has been reliable for rebates for a long long time. 

busnut said:     I only see 1% FatCash.  Where do you see 5% CashBack??

Shop Discover for 5% Cash Back.

Total Defense is the face of Tigerdirects tech support paid options.

I was wondering why they pushed that piece of crap so heavily, and then
i saw that they have paid services for support.

The first hit, always free, the next one costs you your life kid

Anyone know if the drive can be removed from the enclosure like
we do with the seagate and western drives?

Tacoma99 said:   Anyone know if the drive can be removed from the enclosure like
we do with the seagate and western drives?

I was able to get it out and out it in my Macbook Pro. Keep in mind that it is 12.5mm thick while a "normal" 2.5" drive is 9mm or so.

Kandykornhead said:   
DrKlahn said:   TīgerDīrect + rebate = disaster.
 2005 called, they want their timely and valid consumer info back. TD has been reliable for rebates for a long long time. 

Maybe so, but until I get my $15 from them, they are not getting my business.

so what about the fact it wants 2 original upc?

Received the Total defense software today. Still waiting on Hard Drive

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014