• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
HomeClick has : TOTO CST744S Drake Two Piece Elongated Toilet with G-Max Gravity Flushing System
Sale Price: $215.79 - 7% off $ 15.11 on Toto purchase over $99(no code required) = $200.68
Plus use Fatwallet to get 2.5% Cash Back.

Link:  http://www.homeclick.com/toto-cst744s-drake-two-piece-elongated-toilet-with-g-max-gravity-flushing-system/p-200233.aspx       

Good review for this product.
Free shipping & No Tax(only in  NJ tax apply)
Mark Green if you like this deal!

Note:TOTO Sale - Additional 7% OFF Purchases Over $99!Sale ends Sunday at 11:59 PM PST 
SALES END 9/22/2013 TONIGHT 11:59 PM PST

HomeClick
See HomeClick discounts that earn 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
thanks for the link! I was unaware of this. I dont have any rebates offered round me but my rents do.

iLetTheDogsOut (Sep. 22, 2013 @ 5:07p) |

A $500 water bill is cheap compared with water damage About 9 months ago the owners of a townhouse in my neighborhood w... (more)

DerProfi (Sep. 22, 2013 @ 8:22p) |

you have to buy the $45 seat with the toilet?

miserly (Sep. 23, 2013 @ 9:35a) |

Staff Summary
  • Compare TOTO CST744S Drake Two Piece Elongated Toilet with G-Max Gravity Flushing System at: ebay, Google, FatWallet, Amazon

The best 1.6 gallon gravity toilet available. Thanks OP, finally replacing the last non-toto drake toilet in the house!

great deal on a top-o-the-line throne. id love to replace the ones in my home but I just cant justify it as the ones I have now work fine and are not bismuth pink.

I hate this android chrome on fw. Have to reply twice.

What is thus gravity in toilet?

I got the Glacier Bay 2-Piece High Efficiency Dual Flush Complete Elongated Toilet and it works pretty good. Only $100.

WorkerAnt said:   I hate this android chrome on fw. Have to reply twice.

I got the Glacier Bay 2-Piece High Efficiency Dual Flush Complete Elongated Toilet and it works pretty good. Only $100.

what workerant? you thinking twice about paying the extra $100 for THE porcelain throne - This is one place where you get to relax - spend time away from the spouse, kids, in/out laws, in peace flip thru pages on your handheld and at the same time - excuse my french 'take a dump'! Toto is the king of thrones and will ensure you have a quality time... It's $$ well spent.

jokes aside, 2 more toilets to be replaced and I would have toto'd 'em all at home... seriously thinking about pulling the plug now.

We went with this exact toilet for our new house - love them. Haven't clogged yet (over two years) and believe me, they've seen some ****.

Edit: these are highly rated here:

http://www.terrylove.com/crtoilet.htm

Just a FYI: Consumer Reports ranks this toilet #3

I just bought the ADA version, as Im old, and it was discounted too. $259 to my house. Thanks, been looking for one of these for years

Best price in op link.

FYI - closest these go for are $211 shipped @ Amazon for colonial white and $231 shipped @ Amazon for cotton white.

Crappy deal

Thanks op

Worst recommendation I have seen this week

Without Sanagloss, which this does not have, your housekeeper will leave you straight away

@pietromoon     it may not be good buying recommendation for you....But if people wants to change their old toilet, remodeling their bathroom, or moving to new house/appartment i think this is a good deal without spending over. 

Worth the extra $31 for Sanagloss version?

DerProfi said:   Worth the extra $31 for Sanagloss version?
  That would be your personal preferance...I think $31 is still a good deal for this toilet.

RicheyRock said:   Just a FYI: Consumer Reports ranks this toilet #3
  Thanks!

Wooohoooo! Didnt know I needed this till I saw the deal. Doing a bathroom remodel...thought we might keep the old toto....but I think I will be putting this one in!

Not number 1 or number 2?

We have this exact toilet in our main bathroom - without Sanagloss.  What you have to do if you "shoot backwards" onto the back is wipe it down as you flush so it doesn't harden.  I'd buy the Sangloss - comes out to about 10c a month if amortize it across the toilet's lifetime.

As for flushing - I've plugged mine about three times in five years - each time was because all the stuff gathered together at once and just couldn't be shoved through the hole without stopping it up.  WHOOMP!!  Not like your regular plug up when it swirls around and for some reason it doesn't GA-LUNK - it's a forceful slam - and incidentally - is difficult to unplug with the plunger because the mass is really stuck.  I've got no real advice for this phenomenon - but it does happen however rarely.  Always, when flushing #2 and the excess toilet paper, hold down the knob so you get the long flush rather than the short #1 flush.

I've bought several large things from Homeclick - including a huge cast iron Toto tub and they've been zero hassle.  They deliver the tub in a huge wood crate and slide it off the truck right into your garage.

I wouldn't buy any Glacier Bay product if it has water going through it. It's Home Depot's in house brand and it's the cheapest you can get. You basically get it if you're selling the house or don't care if it starts leaking/running after a few months. When it comes to water, always go with name brand. A leaking/running toilet can cost you a lot more than $100 in a water bill. 

onlypinkfloyd said:   

what workerant? you thinking twice about paying the extra $100 for THE porcelain throne - This is one place where you get to relax - spend time away from the spouse, kids, in/out laws, in peace flip thru pages on your handheld and at the same time - excuse my french 'take a dump'! Toto is the king of thrones and will ensure you have a quality time... It's $$ well spent.

jokes aside, 2 more toilets to be replaced and I would have toto'd 'em all at home... seriously thinking about pulling the plug now.

I did the search and don't see anything special in this toilet, which is why I ask.  What make this toilet $200 when the one I got is $100 and has dual flush.  You have a choice of flushing 1.1gal or 1.6gal.  While this TOTO can only flush 1.6gal.  It cost more for less.

henry33 said:   

I wouldn't buy any Glacier Bay product if it has water going through it. It's Home Depot's in house brand and it's the cheapest you can get. You basically get it if you're selling the house or don't care if it starts leaking/running after a few months. When it comes to water, always go with name brand. A leaking/running toilet can cost you a lot more than $100 in a water bill. 

I install and uses mine for almost 2 years.  No problem for both of them.  Do share where the problem could arise so I can look closer into it.

I have used these TOTO toilets before and I think they are great and the prcie from Homeclick is fantastic.

Have 2 of these already and paid $40 more, which I thought was a great deal. This is an awesome price. I am very happy with the Drake. The sanigloss upgrade is probably worth it.

taipan said:   The best 1.6 gallon gravity toilet available. Thanks OP, finally replacing the last non-toto drake toilet in the house!
  Who knew there were so many toilet aficionados?

Got me a One Piece Toto with ADA height. Lov'in it!

i'm sitting on one right now, paid around $350 at a local dealership store, of which there are only 2 in town. it was during a remodel that I decided to get one so did not have time to shop around the internet. still so worth it and no regret, except that I should have planned ahead. if i were planning a remodel or something, even a few months from now, i would buy this now and keep it in the garage first until then.

Sanigloss is definitely worth it. Just don't go crazy scrubbing.

SteelRing said:   i'm sitting on one right now...

New FW achievement badge?

These toilets are less likely to clog than just about any other. But if they do clog, traditional plunging techniques won't work well.

Get a plunger with the bell inside it. Seal it against the bottom of toilet and use short strikes until the water surface is wavy. Keep doing that for 10-20 seconds, pull up the plunger and voila!

For bad clogs in any toilet add a little dish detergent and let it trickle through the clog.

Bought two Eco-Drakes (ADA) from Homeclick a few years ago and have been very satisfied with the performance. Would go with the Sanigloss if doing it over again. Clogs do happen rarely, but much less frequently than the previous toilets we had. No issues clearing them with a plunger like this one: plunger@lowes

Be sure to check with your water district to see if they are offering any rebates. I had replaced two of my toilets with the ToTo Drakes and received $200 from my water district ($100 each) plus free recycling. If you're always dealing with a clogged toilet, this is the toilet for you. I had fairly new toilets and they were a name brand (American Standard) but had to keep a plunger next to each of them due to constant clogging. Since getting the Drakes, the plungers have moved to the garage.

In for another one! AHHHH..damn you FW!

No go for me as we need chair height. Chair height and elongated are the way to go. Still OP thanks for the "heads" up as the 7% off applies to other models as well.

Toto's are the best toilets. Don't trust everything Consumer Reports puts out. I have used the 1.2 GPF and the 1.6 GPF toilets. I definitely think the 1.6 does a superior job flushing. You can long press the 1.2 for a similar result. I have the ADA height Toto Drake 1.2 GPF in a commercial setting, it rarely clogs and we have the same plunger that's pictured above in case it does.

With Sanigloss, be very careful about using chemicals on it that will damage it. Don't use those drop in toilet chemicals or the toilet cleaners you might use on other toilets. You are much better off just cleaning it with water. I keep diluted bleach in a spray bottle that I use sometimes as well.

Here is the link to EPA wabsite to check if your city/town offers rebate.

http://www.epa.gov/WaterSense/rebate_finder_saving_money_water.html

emmagata said:   
  Not number 1 or number 2?

Maybe that's number 1+2?

I bought one of these about a month ago after researching it a lot and have been happy with it so far. 

It is # 3 in Consumer Reports.  But #1 (American Standard Champion 4 2002.014) is not as well liked by actual users on various sites.  For example, on Amazon , 77 users gave it an average score of 3.8.  while 70 users  gave the Toto an average of 4.7.  And CR's #2 (Gerber Avalanche 21-818) actually has a tie score with this one in CR.  I think it is #2 not #3 because they are listing tie scores alphabetically.  The Gerber is excellent on noise, and very good on bowl cleaning; this one is excellent on bowl cleaning and very good on noise.  Bowl cleaning is more important to me than noise, and very good noise is still very good.  Having installed it, I have not found it noisy at all.  I was also hesitant about the Gerber because they are less common than the Toto and I thought parts might be harder to get than for this one. 

The final thing was that plumbers  (I looked at the toilet forum on Terrylove) seem to love this toilet for no leaks and no problems.  They all said it was a very easy to install.  I did it myself, and had no problems. 

I did not get the Sanagloss.  Toto appears to be marketing it now as an anti-disease thing rather than as easier to keep clean.  To my eyes, that seemed like they were backing off claiming easy cleaning and it seemed a little gimmicky.  I also found a posting by a guy who had installed both and had not seen a difference.  Probably no harm if you get sanagloss.  It was coin toss for me, really.  So far, no regrets, but only years will tell if I should have gone for sanagloss. 

I hope you all benefit from way too much time looking into this.

TowHead said:   We have this exact toilet in our main bathroom - without Sanagloss.  What you have to do if you "shoot backwards" onto the back is wipe it down as you flush so it doesn't harden.  I'd buy the Sangloss - comes out to about 10c a month if amortize it across the toilet's lifetime.

As for flushing - I've plugged mine about three times in five years - each time was because all the stuff gathered together at once and just couldn't be shoved through the hole without stopping it up.  WHOOMP!!  Not like your regular plug up when it swirls around and for some reason it doesn't GA-LUNK - it's a forceful slam - and incidentally - is difficult to unplug with the plunger because the mass is really stuck.  I've got no real advice for this phenomenon - but it does happen however rarely.  Always, when flushing #2 and the excess toilet paper, hold down the knob so you get the long flush rather than the short #1 flush.

I've bought several large things from Homeclick - including a huge cast iron Toto tub and they've been zero hassle.  They deliver the tub in a huge wood crate and slide it off the truck right into your garage.

Suggest you flush twice if you have this problem.  You can figure out the timing of the flushes!

Skipping 4 Messages...
you have to buy the $45 seat with the toilet?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014