• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
WorkerAnt said:   
henry33 said:   
WorkerAnt said:   I hate this android chrome on fw. Have to reply twice.

What is thus gravity in toilet?

I got the Glacier Bay 2-Piece High Efficiency Dual Flush Complete Elongated Toilet and it works pretty good. Only $100.

I wouldn't buy any Glacier Bay product if it has water going through it. It's Home Depot's in house brand and it's the cheapest you can get. You basically get it if you're selling the house or don't care if it starts leaking/running after a few months. When it comes to water, always go with name brand. A leaking/running toilet can cost you a lot more than $100 in a water bill. 

I install and uses mine for almost 2 years.  No problem for both of them.  Do share where the problem could arise so I can look closer into it.

The quality of these are variable, somewhat the luck of the draw. I had a friend who didn't care about it and he put in 3 in his rent. One of them kept leaking from the flush valve, looks pretty cheap and flimsy. The other two were fine. I usually go with American Standard, the Cadet 3. Only about $139. I put them in rental properties, otherwise if it were my own house, I'd probably go with the Toto which is why everyone here is raving about it. I've seen leaking toilets run up a $500 water bill. Sometimes it doesn't pay to buy a cheap product. . 

aananavati said:   Here is the link to EPA wabsite to check if your city/town offers rebate.

http://www.epa.gov/WaterSense/rebate_finder_saving_money_water.html

thanks for the link! I was unaware of this. I dont have any rebates offered round me but my rents do.

henry33 said:   I've seen leaking toilets run up a $500 water bill. Sometimes it doesn't pay to buy a cheap product. . 

A $500 water bill is cheap compared with water damage About 9 months ago the owners of a townhouse in my neighborhood went out of the country for a few weeks. A toilet on their 3rd floor (of a 4 story townhouse) sprung a bad leak and did over $150,000 in damage as thousands and thousands of gallons of water made their way down to ground level.  A neighbor called the fire department when they noticed water flowing out the garage and front door.

PS, only FW could inspire me to drop $1000 on toilets just for *hits and grins, literally.  Also, 5% CashBack at *promise.

you have to buy the $45 seat with the toilet?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014