• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Link 

The price is $499.99.
1.  Add to cart
2.  Use code DoBigThings for 20% off one small appliance, personal care, floor care or seasonal item.
3.  Also in cart you have a $50 Best Buy Gift Card.

I had to check out as a guest so that the code would work.  If you don't see the box to add the code, sign out and check out as a guest.

Math: $499.99 - 20% = $399.99
$399.99 - $50 gift card = $349.99
Shipping is free, but you have to pay tax.

Best Buy
Need a Best Buy coupon that earns 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

iRobot - Roomba 770 Vacuum
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
you guys are digging up a deal from a week ago. Good deals don't last forever - nothing "sneaky" about that.

Yuyak (Oct. 01, 2013 @ 10:55a) |

Thanks for the deal guys. Going to check it out. Been wanting one of these.

Shaft888 (Oct. 01, 2013 @ 10:58a) |

Still can use "dobigthings" coupon code but it seems like $50 GC promotion has ended. I don't see any $50 gift card in m... (more)

fububoi83 (Oct. 10, 2013 @ 1:44p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

You also earn Best Buy reward points at 5 times the normal rate.

With a Discover card, you get 5% in Cash Back.

The 770 is a top-seller at Amazon.  According to the Camelizer, Amazon never has offered a price this low on the 770.

Thanks for the added info, plainview! I've been waiting for a deal on one and finally pulled the trigger just before I posted. I don't shop at BB a lot anymore, so forgot to post about the reward points. I do wish I had sweetened the deal with the 5% Cash Back, though.

To the person who gave the thread a negative: If there is a better deal, I hope you will post it.

Always wanted one of these. In 4 1.

Bought one during the JCPenney deal. Excellent little device. Definitely cleans well, though it could always be better programmed.

Thanks MelissaB & plainview...you both pushed me off the edge to buy one.

Thanks! Finally went for it.

I wish I could justify paying this much just so I don't have to sweep/vacuum weekly.

How's the battery life? I imagine it's a lot worse on shag carpeting vs. hardwood floors. Anyone use Roombas on carpet satisfactorily?

20% discount works on 650 model, but the gift card is only $30, making the final price $320+$30 gift card. Frys sometime sells this model for $300.
But older models used to be on woot for $160-250 fairly frequently in 2012.

Also did some research and found that reviews on HEPA filter are very mixed. Generally people don't care about HEPA filter on a vacuum cleaner and recommend a good HEPA air cleaner if necessary. HEPA on a VC seem to reduce the air flow substantially and reduce the gathered dirt. People recommend to do robotic VCing when nobody is around so dust and extra-small particles settle down before people with allergies move in to the place. Makes sense.

Satriani said:   How's the battery life? I imagine it's a lot worse on shag carpeting vs. hardwood floors. Anyone use Roombas on carpet satisfactorily?
I don't know much about this model, but I've owned my Roomba for about 5 years now. "He" cleans my apartment which is about 90% carpet + 10% linoleum and I'm very happy with his performance, although he does sometimes get stuck/trapped in a corner occasionally (all those dining table chair legs can be hard to navigate, I imagine). I haven't kept up with different models so I'm not sure if it's standard now, but definitely go with a model that has a scheduler and returns automatically to the charger base. Semi-random walks means that it does take him a little time to finish vacuuming so it's really nice to have him scheduled to clean while I'm away at work.

During the time I've owned him, I've replaced his battery twice so far as the rechargeable battery got weaker; each time it's lasted a little over 2 years. It's only about $25 on eBay (generic) so it's really not that bad.

Thanks OP! In 4 1. Wanted to get one of those. Hope it's as good as they claim

How well do these things work with pets? Most of my main floor is ceramic tile and I've got a 100lb lab that sheds like crazy.

bpd67 said:   How well do these things work with pets? Most of my main floor is ceramic tile and I've got a 100lb lab that sheds like crazy.
  Based on the numerous Amazon reviews, pets are the main reason many people buy them. So apparently they work well.

kime11 said:   
bpd67 said:   How well do these things work with pets? Most of my main floor is ceramic tile and I've got a 100lb lab that sheds like crazy.
  Based on the numerous Amazon reviews, pets are the main reason many people buy them. So apparently they work well.

Yeah, I probably could of read those, just lazy

I will not red this as it seems like a good deal ($349 vice $500) but wish to briefly share my experiences with irobot products:

-  I own three irobot robots: 2 Roombas and one Scooba.

- Of the three robots I own only one is functional.

- The remaining functional Roomba has a dead battery.

- Replacement batteries are expensive from irobot so I purchased one from a highly regarded vendor on eBay.

- The replacement battery arrived, I charged it per instructions ... and it ran a total of 15 minutes.  I informed the vendor and was refunded.  Generic batteries from eBay are hit-or-miss.

- My surviving Roomba is now in the attic in hybernation.

I share all this drama for a reason ... people who purchase these robots do so (mainly) for the convenience as they are supposed to be (relatively) trouble-free and they make your life easier ... right?  As my story shows things can be very far from the truth.  I currently own three robots of which none are used.  I also own a large pile of batteries that no longer function.  Guess how much I spent for the "convenience" of having to vacuum/mop my floors? 

After the last robot dies I decided to try manual floor cleaning again.  I found that I did a much much better/faster job with a $75 vacuum than my expensive robot could do.  I purchased a Hoover wet floor cleaner and can wet "mop" and found that I can (manually) clean over 1,000 square feet of tile in a small fraction of the time it would take a Scooba ... with better results.  The down side is I have to do the work myself ... but I am not throwing any more good money after bad ...

i've had a refurbished roomba for a year and a half (the 560), it's worked great so far. haven't had any problems with it. the reviews for the 770 are much better than the 560, too.

in for one, Thanks a lot. This is the best price for Roomba 770.

I have a 650 and love it. Probably the best purchase I made this year. Got it w/ the 20% off coupon at BB&B. 770 is a good one as well and this is a good price.

I just bought this one. Thanks for posting it

When I use DoBigThings  with this vacuum, it is telling me it's not a valid code and no $50 gift card is showing up. Can anyone help?

I have been trying to use the DoBigThings code, but it's now invalid for the Roomba since Best Buy put it on "sale" at $474.99. What a sneaky tactic. If you got the 770 on the 20% discount with gift card -- consider yourself very lucky!

you guys are digging up a deal from a week ago. Good deals don't last forever - nothing "sneaky" about that.

Thanks for the deal guys. Going to check it out. Been wanting one of these.

Still can use "dobigthings" coupon code but it seems like $50 GC promotion has ended. I don't see any $50 gift card in my cart.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014