• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Nokia Lumia 521 No-Contract 4
Disclaimer
Home Shopping Network HSN has the Nokia Lumia 521   on sale again for $99.99 w/ free shipping.  The deal gets even better when you use this $20-off code for 1st time customers: 135949.

This deal includes the Windows 8 Nokia Lumia phone ready to run on the T-Mobile network. This is a 4" Windows 8 GSM smartphone.

HSN
See HSN promo codes that earn Up to 3.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Nokia Lumia 521 Windows 8 Prepaid T-Mobile phone
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I heard the ATT version (520) is cheaper to unlock.

shihkang (Sep. 29, 2013 @ 9:23p) |

Of course its back in stock at higher price etc...

JaxFL (Oct. 01, 2013 @ 6:29a) |

Guess I'll keep my eye on this phone for another possible similar deal , but yeh even now since the deal expired HSN is ... (more)

stereo55 (Oct. 01, 2013 @ 1:23p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

T-Mobile sucks. I just switched over to them and I've had more dropped calls in the last 3 days than I did w/ ATT during the last year...guess I save 12 bucks month.

Thanks

cr3s said:   T-Mobile sucks. I just switched over to them and I've had more dropped calls in the last 3 days than I did w/ ATT during the last year...guess I save 12 bucks month.
  What kinda plan did you have with AT&T? From my research t-moblie is $30-40$ cheaper per month for similar unlimited plans. Location is key with t-moblie btw....

Thanks OP!

Good deal, Now if I could talk myself into getting one, that is the question.

This is the perfect entry-level smartphone... if you are looking for something for your parents for Christmas, or just don't want to spend a lot of money on one, this is a great model to look at.

Windows Phone takes a lot of crap from people but it does run really well on low-end hardware like the 521. With Android you really have to be careful on the low-end phones.

This is a great device even if you don't use it as a cell phone.

FREE Offline GPS
Nokia music player
WiFi enabled
Email sync
MS Office apps
etc, etc. 

Check your Capital One credit card account for an additional $10 CashBack offer on $20+ purchase at HSN. YMMV.

Use one before you buy one! I took my windows phone back after 3 days, Did not like it!

I like mine.  One nice feature is the ability to use the free Nokia maps that have turn-by-turn instructions and GPS without having to use your cell phone data minutes..  

If you cannot get the new customer discount, you can also get it @ the Microsoft Store for $99....free ship. (free return also, which hsn doesn't offer)

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/productID.27...

Link to Microsoft Store

giselmey said:   Check your Capital One credit card account for an additional $10 CashBack offer on $20+ purchase at HSN. YMMV.
  This is an old thread of HSN - deal still continues since 2 weeks ago where you can find the Bank of America ( BOA ) VISA reward card $10 reward for HSN shopping.  I bought two and started to use it - not bad (fast response and not worrying about power management + task kill to save battery power like Samsung Galaxy on Android 2.3).  It does not have front camera or flash LED

Absolutely great smartphone,
nothing compares at this price.
Have used about a dozen ICS Android's before.
Love my 521 and 520's!

bighitter said:   I like mine.  One nice feature is the ability to use the free Nokia maps that have turn-by-turn instructions and GPS without having to use your cell phone data minutes..  
  How good and up to date are the POIs for those of us who only have T-Mobile voice only prepaid plan and want to search for places while on the road?

Seems to be sold out now.

I will need a smartphone soon.
I have been and still have 1 of the Net10 freebies dumb phones with 300 minutes to activate.
Net10 deal was 4 years ago now.Net10 and related companies will not sell me a phone direct anymore.

LongDongSilver said:   bighitter said:   I like mine.  One nice feature is the ability to use the free Nokia maps that have turn-by-turn instructions and GPS without having to use your cell phone data minutes..  

The map is from NAVTEQ, one of the best in the GPS business (used by Garmin). I have no reason to doubt that the map info is accurate to within one year.
  How good and up to date are the POIs for those of us who only have T-Mobile voice only prepaid plan and want to search for places while on the road?

FYI, $20 off is expiring soon
Rules for Coupon 135235 Coupon 135235 is a single item offer and is valid for new HSN customers only. This coupon is valid for $20 off your first purchase of $40 or more from HSN TV, HSN2, HSN.com, HSN Mobile or HSN Shop By Remote (where available). Coupon number is non-transferable and can only be used once by its recipient. Coupons must be applied when order is placed. Excludes shipping & handling, sales tax, Todays Special, This Day Only offers, and clearance items and can only be applied to the first shipment of AutoShip items. The use of this coupon may disqualify the order from inclusion in other promotional offers or discounts. Coupons cannot be applied to or combined with other coupons. Coupon is not valid for Charitable Contributions or HSN Gift Cards. We reserve the right to cancel orders when unexpected coupon system errors occur or in the case of abuse, misuse or fraud in connection with the coupon number. Offer is valid 6/15/2013 - 9/30/2013. Coupon Expires on 9/30/2013 at 11:59 PM ET.

mmm.... thats what makes this a great deal. Anybody know how to track when it becomes available again.

Anyone know how to unlock this phone?

docjoo said:   Anyone know how to unlock this phone?
  I heard the ATT version (520) is cheaper to unlock.

Of course its back in stock at higher price etc...

Guess I'll keep my eye on this phone for another possible similar deal , but yeh even now since the deal expired HSN is charging ($150) $10 more then Tmobile ($140).

Microsoft store - $99/free ship
Qvc - $99/+$8 ship
Amazon - $116/free ship 
WalMart - $117/+ship or free ship to store

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 12:00AM CST (Midnight) tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.