• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
barrytuneup said:   what GC at Lowe's does a person buy? The gas cards used in my area charge the CC price, eliminating the "bargain". Most of the stations here are.10cents more on CC price. I never see Visa GC at Lowes
  Your gas stations should be charging the cash price for stations branded gift cards. If you are paying inside, tell the cashier that the cash price should be applied. I live in NJ, so I just tell the attendant and he confirms.

My gas stations charge the CC price. I can't go into the store, since I don't speak Pakistani or Erdu or whatever they speak. They don't understand anyway. I will use the cards to buy milk for the family, at least my area stations all sell gallons of milk for 2.99 for the last 7 years.. (was 1.99 back then)

I got a $50 Staples gift card at Lowe's and my Lowe's cashier had a sense of humor. As she was handing me the receipt when I finished buying it, she said, "Now that was easy."

bought 4 $25.00 Gulf oil GC this AM with 2 diff Amex cards. So I will get gas there on Tues when they run 10 cents off per gallon AND same price for CC or cash. Also plenty of milk gallons for 2.99!!

Anyone know how long it takes for the credit to show up on your account? I got an email very quickly but no indication when I log into the account that I got the credit.

Usually 1-3 days after the charge is fully posted to your account

I went to Lowe's and bought a $50 Staples gift card and got the confirmation e-mail thanking me for using my American Express card in conjunction with this deal. The $50 charge posted to my account on the 7th. Today is the 13th (6 days later) and I still have not received my $10 credit to my credit card account. Have you other guys received your credit yet? In the terms and conditions they only said no e-gift cards, but they said nothing prohibiting buying physical gift cards in the store.

UPDATE:  I just for my $10 credit...6 days later and after a phone call to American Express customer service.

got the credit in a few days

MrVietnam said:   Have you other guys received your credit yet? In the terms and conditions they only said no e-gift cards, but they said nothing prohibiting buying physical gift cards in the store.

Email notice was almost instant.  Credit was posted in less than 24 hours.  I purchased 2x $25 plastic Shell GCs and nothing else.

Did 4 deals about 5 hours ago.  No email on any yet.  

I got the thank you email on only one Amex card that I spent the 50.00 at Lowes. Also got the credit in 2 days. The second card used immediately after first card, (at same register) never got thankyou email, but got the credit in 3 days nevertheless!!

I didn't get an email. I contacted support via Twitter and was told:
I show that you were successfully enrolled in the offer. Please understand and email confirmations may not be sent after spend on each offer. Credits can take up to 8 weeks to appear - if you do not receive the credit once that time frame has passed, please tweet us and we will look into it for you.

I haven't had problems with these offers, but I would feel better if I had received a prompt email.

I registered both my wife's card and mine (both on the same account). I did a $50 transaction on mine and I have received two $10 credits. Haven't made purchase on wife's card. This happened on both Costco Amex and HHonors card. Has anybody else seen anything similar on their accounts?

PrincipalMember said:   I registered both my wife's card and mine (both on the same account). I did a $50 transaction on mine and I have received two $10 credits. Haven't made purchase on wife's card. This happened on both Costco Amex and HHonors card. Has anybody else seen anything similar on their accounts?

My wife and I both did this deal on the same day (on our own separate Amex accounts).  I received two $10 credits within a couple days.  She received none (been 4 days).

If I received her credit, Amex must really be screwed up because the only link between our accounts is the same mailing address.

ndz said:   
PrincipalMember said:   I registered both my wife's card and mine (both on the same account). I did a $50 transaction on mine and I have received two $10 credits. Haven't made purchase on wife's card. This happened on both Costco Amex and HHonors card. Has anybody else seen anything similar on their accounts?

My wife and I both did this deal on the same day (on our own separate Amex accounts).  I received two $10 credits within a couple days.  She received none (been 4 days).

If I received her credit, Amex must really be screwed up because the only link between our accounts is the same mailing address.

So it is very possible that both $10 credits are related to your transaction and wife got nothing.

Will it work if I buy the $50 plastic Lowes gift card online?

hpmax said:   Went through it today, the cashier was quite obviously suspicious when I tried to buy it in 3 separate transactions and one of my cards didn't swipe correctly. She asked to see my driver's license, and I explained to her the deal, and she said that sounds like a good reason to do it and put through the transactions without any further issue. If it were me, I'd definitely do a Visa/MC card, I'd just swipe it through Paypal Here for a net cost of 85 cents per $10 back --- as it stands I got the Shell GC since I know I won't have any issues monetizing, although I do give up my 5%. I'll live with taking the $2 per card loss for not having to worry about finding a Staples deal (which I could get 5+% back on my SimplyCash or Discover It cards).  Plus FAR isn't really FAR since I have to pay sales tax which means the cost to me may be higher than the gas.
  how can you have a net cost of 85 cents per $10 back, you have to pay activation fee for Visa/MC, and 2.7% for paypal

Went through it today, the cashier was quite obviously suspicious when I tried to buy it in 3 separate transactions and one of my cards didn't swipe correctly. She asked to see my driver's license, and I explained to her the deal, and she said that sounds like a good reason to do it and put through the transactions without any further issue. If it were me, I'd definitely do a Visa/MC card, I'd just swipe it through Paypal Here for a net cost of 85 cents per $10 back --- as it stands I got the Shell GC since I know I won't have any issues monetizing, although I do give up my 5%. I'll live with taking the $2 per card loss for not having to worry about finding a Staples deal (which I could get 5+% back on my SimplyCash or Discover It cards). Plus FAR isn't really FAR since I have to pay sales tax which means the cost to me may be higher than the gas.
how can you have a net cost of 85 cents per $10 back, you have to pay activation fee for Visa/MC, and 2.7% for paypal

Went through it today, the cashier was quite obviously suspicious when I tried to buy it in 3 separate transactions and one of my cards didn't swipe correctly. She asked to see my driver's license, and I explained to her the deal, and she said that sounds like a good reason to do it and put through the transactions without any further issue. If it were me, I'd definitely do a Visa/MC card, I'd just swipe it through Paypal Here for a net cost of 85 cents per $10 back --- as it stands I got the Shell GC since I know I won't have any issues monetizing, although I do give up my 5%. I'll live with taking the $2 per card loss for not having to worry about finding a Staples deal (which I could get 5+% back on my SimplyCash or Discover It cards). Plus FAR isn't really FAR since I have to pay sales tax which means the cost to me may be higher than the gas.

sorry for the screw up, ..but how do you work the supposed deal w/o a Visa or PP fee? Sort of negates the 10.00 Amex deal.

dollarshort said:   
barrytuneup said:   what GC at Lowe's does a person buy? The gas cards used in my area charge the CC price, eliminating the "bargain". Most of the stations here are.10cents more on CC price. I never see Visa GC at Lowes
  Your gas stations should be charging the cash price for stations branded gift cards. If you are paying inside, tell the cashier that the cash price should be applied. I live in NJ, so I just tell the attendant and he confirms.

I'm in NJ and that is not always true.  Depends on the station and the moron, I mean attendant behind the counter (who half the time either pretends not to or doesn't understand English).  Other than that Exxon always charges CREDIT price for their own GC's. I even checked that with Exxon corp.  Not sure of other brands.

Amex support just told me:

For personal cards, you must pay at least your minimum statement balance before the credit applies. She said the credit will go towards your rewards balance the next month (odd, because the terms clearly say statement credit). This is for Amex BC Everyday.

This is different from my Biz simply cash (which gave me double-credit, had to call to correct). We'll see if it works. These rewards are becoming too much of a hassle.

ndz said:   Amex support just told me:

For personal cards, you must pay at least your minimum statement balance before the credit applies. She said the credit will go towards your rewards balance the next month (odd, because the terms clearly say statement credit). This is for Amex BC Everyday.

This is different from my Biz simply cash (which gave me double-credit, had to call to correct). We'll see if it works. These rewards are becoming too much of a hassle.

Amex Sync is not tied to your min payment amount -- I think your regular reward pts may be tied to it (you get the statement reward pts after you make your min payment amount on some Amex cards)

Amex Sync credit is usually applied to your account 2-4 days after the purchase fully posts to your account, but some times their sync system might glitch and not give you the credit automatically -- if that happens then you have to ask for a manual credit 4-8 weeks later depending on the phone/email rep you get (sync terms mention up to 8 weeks for the credit)

No system is perfect, but at least Amex has good CS so you don't have to worry about being screwed over as long as you made the proper purchase

Did you have to play some tricks to get the offer on your second card?  I wonder if the double credit on one and lack of a credit on the other were caused by attempts to circumvent the promotional restrictions.

My belief was the same as yours until I called today. We're at 4 weeks so I'll wait and report back.

supersnoop00 said:   

Did you have to play some tricks to get the offer on your second card?  I wonder if the double credit on one and lack of a credit on the other were caused by attempts to circumvent the promotional restrictions.

No tricks.  The BC everyday is my wifes' personal card.  The Amex SC is my business card.  They are separate accounts with their own offers (some of which are common, incl Lowes).

ndz said:   My belief was the same as yours until I called today. We're at 4 weeks so I'll wait and report back.
There was a glitch on either Oct 3rd or 4th (multiple people on SD said they didn't get the credit) -- did you buy it then? Try Sync CS: https://sync.americanexpress.com/Twitter/CustomerService  

I'm 5 for 5 on my cards
Card 1 & 2: 10/2 purchase, 10/4 credit
Card 3 & 4: 10/13 purchase, 10/16 credit
Card 5: 10/29 purchase, 10/30 credit

Purchase was 10/12. I'll try that support link. Thanks.

Still waiting on my credit from 11/14. BP one from the same day has posted this morning.

Lowes $10 credit showed up yesterday 12/10 for 10/12 purchase. Terms said 8-weeks to post so it came in just before.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014