• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Lowe'sOffer Valid 10/01/2013 - 11/15/2013 Offer valid in-store and online at www.lowes.com  . E-Gift Cards are excluded. If you order an item during the offer period but it is not sent to you until after 11/15/13, it may not count towards determining whether your purchase qualifies for the offer. Enrollment for the offer is limited.Receive a one-time $10 statement credit when you spend a total of $50 or more at Lowe's in store or online by 11/15/13.  Tweet using #AmexLowes to add this offer to your synced American Express Card. This offer does not require a coupon at the point of sale - so once you’ve received a confirmation response message from our Twitter handle @AmexSync that the offer has been added, just shop with your synced Card to redeem! Offer Terms:To be eligible to receive the statement crediti) you must have an American Express Card that is synced with Twitter (see sync.americanexpress.com/twitter for more details on how to sync your Card);
(ii) you must tweet using #AmexLowes;
(iii) you must receive a response message from @AmexSync stating that this offer has been added to your synced Card; AND
(iv) you must use your synced Card to spend a total of $50 or more at Lowe's in-store or online by 11/15/13.You must receive a confirmation response from @AmexSync stating that the offer has been added to your Card before you can redeem the offer.  This confirmation response will begin with your @username and will appear in your Mentions tab on the @Connect page. These terms will be available to you via a link in the confirmation message.  If you do not receive a response message about this offer from @AmexSync, please Contact Us or direct message us at @AskAmex. Limit 1 statement credit per American Express Card across all American Express offer channels.   Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 8 weeks after American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from the merchant until all of the items from your qualifying purchase have been provided or shipped by the merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit.  For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant.  In addition, in most cases, you will not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. Program Terms and Conditions apply; click here for details. POID: AT39:0001 

Lowe's
Need a Lowe's coupon that earns 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

lowes
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Purchase was 10/12. I'll try that support link. Thanks.

ndz (Nov. 06, 2013 @ 9:33a) |

Still waiting on my credit from 11/14. BP one from the same day has posted this morning.

tajar96 (Nov. 19, 2013 @ 9:37a) |

Lowes $10 credit showed up yesterday 12/10 for 10/12 purchase. Terms said 8-weeks to post so it came in just before.

ndz (Dec. 11, 2013 @ 8:51a) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks. Saw this on another site, but still get green.

Thanks OP! Looks like gift cards are not excluded (only e-gift cards), and according to Dan's Deals, here is a list of available merchants that might be available at your local Lowe's.

-AMC Theaters
-AT&T GoPhone
-Aeropastle
-Amazon
-Applebees
-Barnes & Noble
-Bass Pro Shop
-Bath & Body Works
-Bed Bath & Beyond/Buy Buy Baby
-Boost Mobile
-Build-A-Bear
-Cabela’s
-Cheesecake Factory
-Chili’s
-Claire’s
-Coldstone Creamery
-Cracker Barrel
-Darden Restaurants
-Fandango
-Finish Line
-Foot Locker
-Game Stop
-Gap Inc (Gap, Banana, Old Navy, Athleta, Piperlime)
-golfsmith
-Ihop
-iTunes
-JCPenney
-Jiffy Lube
-Jo-Ann Fabric
-Justice
-Kohl’s
-Lane Bryant
-Lowe’s
-MLB.com
-Macy’s
-Marriott
-Marshalls
-Michael’s
-Nascar Superstore
-Nike
-Nordstrom
-OfficeMax
-Olive Garden
-Outback Steakhouse
-PFChang’s
-Panera
-Petco
-PETsMART
-Pizza Hut
-Red Lobster
-Red Robin
-Regal Cinemas
-Ruby Tuesday
-Sephora
-Shell
-Southwest
-SpaFinder
-Sports Authority
-Staples
-Starbucks
-Subway
-TGIFriday
-TJMaxx
-T-Mobile Prepaid
-Tracfone
-Verizon Prepaid
-Virgin Mobile
-Xbox

Tweeted and received ACK within a couple of minutes.  My local Lowes sells Shell cards, so will give this a shot.  Thanks, OP.

Found this same offer when i logged in to my account and looked at "Offers For You". But, I'm not able to save it to my card. It says "Sorry about that! The offer you selected is currently unavailable. Please try again." I guess I'll keep trying. Thanks for the heads up, OP.

Update:  whoop whoop!  I just tried again and was able to add the offer to my card.  Alright!

Twitter is the way to go.

Kev

Awesome - Thank You. Will check it out

Done deal , thx OP!

Thanks...Hope this will work on gift cards.

looks like i'm approved! thanks OP, I need an itunes gift card!

IN

If you want to load this offer across multiple amex cards it might be quicker to use Facebook to sync & unsync various amex cards.

oradbatic said:   If you want to load this offer across multiple amex cards it might be quicker to use Facebook to sync & unsync various amex cards.
  How do you get them to recognize the post on Facebook?  Post #AmexLowes?

1) First sync with Facebook , show more offers once in facebook , then add the offer to card.

2) Unsync first card , then sync second card and so on.

Already went to Lowes & bought 4 shell $50 GC with 4 Amex cards, Thanks Op!!

I just hate these Twitter / Facebook / Amex deals, just give us a good old coupon for all to abuse.

huh, worked just fine by just signing into Amex site and saving the offered deal there

Just returned from Lowes.  Cashier pitched a fit when I tried to use AMEX for purchase.  I asked for supervisor.  Head cashier pitched a fit AND was an ass.  I asked for manager.  Assistant manager was not happy to hear my experience with head cashier and WAS interested in my explanation that their apparent "store policy" against allowing cc purchased for GCs was silly... I explained that there was ZERO incentive for me to buy a GC at face value.  I could just spend face value at the retailer in question, or better yet, some retailers offered deals on their own GCs.  The value I got from buying GCs from Lowes was the cc offer (I didn't mention the $10 AMEX deal, but just referred to "miles and other offers.").  He got it... though I doubt he's going to singlehandedly change their "store policy."  Anyway, he checked me out... I got an AMEX confirmation email before I made it to my car.

/rant off

labboypro said:   Just returned from Lowes.  Cashier pitched a fit when I tried to use AMEX for purchase.  I asked for supervisor.  Head cashier pitched a fit AND was an ass.  I asked for manager.  Assistant manager was not happy to hear my experience with head cashier and WAS interested in my explanation that their apparent "store policy" against allowing cc purchased for GCs was silly... I explained that there was ZERO incentive for me to buy a GC at face value.  I could just spend face value at the retailer in question, or better yet, some retailers offered deals on their own GCs.  The value I got from buying GCs from Lowes was the cc offer (I didn't mention the $10 AMEX deal, but just referred to "miles and other offers.").  He got it... though I doubt he's going to singlehandedly change their "store policy."  Anyway, he checked me out... I got an AMEX confirmation email before I made it to my car.

/rant off

That most definitely is just the policy for that particular store because I had absolutely no trouble maxing out the Cash Back by buying GCs during Discover's home improvement quarterly category a few months ago. 

dollarshort said:   
That most definitely is just the policy for that particular store because I had absolutely no trouble maxing out the Cash Back by buying GCs during Discover's home improvement quarterly category a few months ago. 

Agreed, as I have not previously had an issue with it.  A quick poking around on AMEX website also seems to indicate it's a violation of their merchant agreement.  I'll let AMEX know about my experience as well.
From the AMEX merchant agreement--3.1 accepting the Card Merchants must accept the Card as payment for goods and services (other than those goods and services prohibited under section 3.3, “prohibited uses of the Card”) sold, or (if applicable) for charitable contributions made at all Establishments, except as expressly permitted by applicable state statute.

Merchants are jointly and severally liable for the obligations of their Establishments under the Agreement.

Not allow credit cards to be used for gift card purchase is a common practice for fraud protection. It's not as bad as it used to be, but you will still find some places hit or miss. It seems to vary location by location and even cashier by cashier. With stores like Lowes, when I get push back the argument I use is " you will sell me a gift card on your website without requiring cash, why is it different in person" this usually causes them to look confused for a second or two then they go ahead and do it

Don't need twitter or facebook. Just log into your AMEX account online and click on offers for you. Its should be the first one. Save offer to card and your all set. Don't know if its targeted, but it showed up for me.

neal126 said:   Don't need twitter or facebook. Just log into your AMEX account online and click on offers for you. Its should be the first one. Save offer to card and your all set. Don't know if its targeted, but it showed up for me.
  Most people, like me, don't automatically get those offers. So yes, twitter or facebook are often needed to get these deals.

freakinout said:   Not allow credit cards to be used for gift card purchase is a common practice for fraud protection. 

It's a made up solution to a problem, as your online purchase example points out.  When we allow individual people/stores to create "policy" that isn't based in sound logic, they gain an artificial sense that they are problem-solvers... and go on to create more made up solutions.  Eventually we have ridiculous wives' tale "rules" like waiting 30 minutes after eating to swim and not being able to use cell phones in airplanes.  When you run into stuff like this, I urge you to raise your concerns beyond the cashier... tell the cc issuer, the store corporate HQ, and your state AG office.  Hold them accountable for their behavior.

/2 cents

Just came back from local Lowe's and paid with my AMEX without a problem. The cashier even made a joke about me needing a bag. She checked my license, rung me up and I was on my way. I've never understood the policy of not allowing the purchase of GCs with CCs. If my card matches my license, all should be good. If I was a thief, I most certainly wouldn't be wasting my time buying a $50 Amazon GC at Lowe's.

I once bought a Visa GC at safeway (with a promo), and then tried to use that same Visa GC--which they themselves just sold me (and bought with cash)--to buy a Shell GC.

They said no. Absolutely cannot buy a GC with a CC because of "fraud"

Screw them

gd78 said:   I once bought a Visa GC at safeway (with a promo), and then tried to use that same Visa GC--which they themselves just sold me (and bought with cash)--to buy a Shell GC.

They said no. Absolutely cannot buy a GC with a CC because of "fraud"

Screw them

technically a visa GC is swiped as credit, and should be accepted in theory. BUT most stores will not allow you to use a giftcard to buy another giftcard. (except if you were breaking up a store gc into smaller denominations).

I bought $50 in Shell gift cards; got the confirmation email as I was walking to my car.
Thank you and green to both OP and WideOpenSpaces!

I found the Offer when I logged in. Thanks !!

Question: does the $50 purchase need to be from 1 visit or can I make multiples visits with a combined purchase of $50??

mmyk72 said:   I found the Offer when I logged in. Thanks !!

Question: does the $50 purchase need to be from 1 visit or can I make multiples visits with a combined purchase of $50??

One visit.

dollarshort said:   

One visit.

Wrong.

OFFER DETAILS
Get a one-time $10 statement
credit by using your enrolled
Card to spend a total of $50 or
more at Lowe's by 11/15/13.

Good deal. 20% of a $50 gift card of my choice bought at a Lowe's store. Thanks OP!

what GC at Lowe's does a person buy? The gas cards used in my area charge the CC price, eliminating the "bargain". Most of the stations here are.10cents more on CC price. I never see Visa GC at Lowes

barrytuneup said:   what GC at Lowe's does a person buy? The gas cards used in my area charge the CC price, eliminating the "bargain". Most of the stations here are.10cents more on CC price. I never see Visa GC at Lowes
  This is effectively a 20% off of face value. Unless the CC price is 20% higher than cash, you are still ahead. If you buy stuff in the store, you can use the GC balance on that, too.

20% off Amazon isn't bad either.

Thanks OP!

5 steps away from cash register and got the email. Purchased one Starbucks one Olive Garden gift card with absolutely no questions.

Thanks, OP

EZ

Staples gift cards are always a favorite for me to buy. They have a lot of rebate deals (Staples Easy Rebates) and it is very easy to cash out gift cards to cash from doing their rebates. Sometimes you can even make money when you use the right coupons.

barrytuneup said:   what GC at Lowe's does a person buy? The gas cards used in my area charge the CC price, eliminating the "bargain". Most of the stations here are.10cents more on CC price. I never see Visa GC at Lowes
  Visa/MC gift cards would be the absolute worst to buy. You'd give up $6-7 of the $10 you'll be saving in fees.

Went through it today, the cashier was quite obviously suspicious when I tried to buy it in 3 separate transactions and one of my cards didn't swipe correctly. She asked to see my driver's license, and I explained to her the deal, and she said that sounds like a good reason to do it and put through the transactions without any further issue. If it were me, I'd definitely do a Visa/MC card, I'd just swipe it through Paypal Here for a net cost of 85 cents per $10 back --- as it stands I got the Shell GC since I know I won't have any issues monetizing, although I do give up my 5%. I'll live with taking the $2 per card loss for not having to worry about finding a Staples deal (which I could get 5+% back on my SimplyCash or Discover It cards).  Plus FAR isn't really FAR since I have to pay sales tax which means the cost to me may be higher than the gas.

ezstreet said:   
dollarshort said:   

One visit.

Wrong.

OFFER DETAILS
Get a one-time $10 statement
credit by using your enrolled
Card to spend a total of $50 or
more at Lowe's by 11/15/13.

In my experience, it has always been one trip, but if you can do it on multiple purchases, more power to you. I have no idea, though, why someone would waste time/gas for multiple trips to Lowe's when they could just buy a GC, even if it's just a Lowe's GC.

Skipping 30 Messages...
Lowes $10 credit showed up yesterday 12/10 for 10/12 purchase. Terms said 8-weeks to post so it came in just before.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014