• Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

∫
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Got one of each in the OP. $168. Not bad at all.

I wear suits every day, so they literally become disposable after a year... (more)

coolbreeze (Oct. 05, 2013 @ 4:48p) |

Did price go up? Showing $119 after the coupon. Thanks.

lawwdogg (Oct. 07, 2013 @ 12:33p) |

Yeah. It was 98.99 before coupon. Sale ended yesterday.

alienjedi (Oct. 07, 2013 @ 8:47p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Wow, paid $105 on Sat...

Asking for price adjust here now:
https://customerservice.macys.com/app/help/price_adjust

Will order 2 more suits as well. Thanks OP!

Ordered 4 more suits for $409 shipped. Would have got 5 but one sold out while checking out. Saved nearly $1400 off reg. price. Not sure why the reds. This is pretty hot to me!

ganjagadget said:   Ordered 4 more suits for $409 shipped. Would have got 5 but one sold out while checking out. Saved nearly $1400 off reg. price. Not sure why the reds. This is pretty hot to me!
  Just a guess on the reds, but it might have been:
1) No store in subject
2) No price in subject
3) No clue as to what the OP thought was a "great price" (and if you've been on FW for any length of time, you know that what is "great" for one person can be a terrible deal for those who've been around and paid attention; note some of the recent paper deals claiming that a couple bucks (*paying* a couple of bucks!) a ream was a good price.)

But aside from the lack of info, it's probably a wonderful, green-worthy post.   Maybe.

Updated the subject, thanks for the feedback

The coupon requires a $100 minimum purchase.  Free shipping also kicks in at $99 (surprise... suit is $98.99).  I added a nice belt (also on sale).  Price for 1 suit plus belt ~$100 shipped excluding tax.

2 suits for $179 bucks. Green for you.

dammit, i wish I knew what size I wore - haven't bought a suit in over a decade (but it still fits, i just don't like it!)

The 2 suits in the OP are polyester/rayon, not wool.

Nice deal, but for those looking to buy, they should realize that the suits (at least those referenced in the OP) come with an unfinished hem. As a result, to actually be able to wear the suit, you will need to go get it tailored. In addition, the OP suits are not separates. The pants you get are 7" less than your jacket size. If that doesn't match your size, you'll need additional tailoring. So with at least one if not more alterations needed, YMMV as to just how much your final price will be before being able to wear these.

Here is a link to closeouts and clearance if you're just looking for a $2-3 filler item. Lots of panties and kids clothes.
FILLERS  

Edit: Just realized though when you add a filler to a $98.99 suit to get to use the code, it drops your cart total below $99 so shipping is no longer free... Tricksy hobbits. Thank being said, it's still cheaper to add the filler. My cart went from $114.88 after tax and shipping without the $3 filler to $102.87 with the suit, some panties for the Mrs. and tax and shipping. So, still worth it, just don't expect free shipping unless you add more than a $3 filler item.

Tiemanator said:   Here is a link to closeouts and clearance if you're just looking for a $2-3 filler item. Lots of panties and kids clothes.
FILLERS    

Edit: Just realized though when you add a filler to a $98.99 suit to get to use the code, it drops your cart total below $99 so shipping is no longer free... Tricksy hobbits. Thank being said, it's still cheaper to add the filler. My cart went from $114.88 after tax and shipping without the $3 filler to $102.87 with the suit, some panties for the Mrs. and tax and shipping. So, still worth it, just don't expect free shipping unless you add more than a $3 filler item.

Need to add $18.67 worth of fillers to a $98.99 suit to hit the $100 mark after 15% off, to get free shipping.

Polyester

would have been a killer deal if wool.

drjofis said:   
Tiemanator said:   Here is a link to closeouts and clearance if you're just looking for a $2-3 filler item. Lots of panties and kids clothes.
FILLERS     

Need to add $18.67 worth of fillers to a $98.99 suit to hit the $100 mark after 15% off, to get free shipping.

And I did just that, adding 4 slinky pairs of panties to my order put me over the $100 mark for the discount and free shipping. So it was like paying $98.99 for the suit plus tax. Total came to $105.xx. Coupon worked, free shipping worked. Very sweet deal! And it's win, win for me! I get a new suit and 4 new pairs of undies to give her.

CleavesF said:   Polyester

Wool
It's not $99, but still, it's Calvin Klein and $110 after coupon code

Ugh no 52L with 36 pants

AnandBanned said:   Ugh no 52L with 36 pants
  Ever considered moving away from the bench press and trying some squats or the leg press?

Tiemanator said:   
[q=CleavesF;18014345 said:s]Polyester

Wool 
It's not $99, but still, it's Calvin Klein and $110 after coupon code
  The sizes are Small,Medium, Large though...I  dont see a sizing chart...

How can a size 48 be a "slim" fit?

ncourto7633 said:   How can a size 48 be a "slim" fit?
  Welcome to America .

Actually, "slim fit" refers to the cut. For most American brands/designs/cuts, "regular fit" is for the rotund, "slim fit" is for the slightly overweight, and "extra slim fit" is for normal sized folks. But, caveat emptor - all of these regular/slim/extra slim/tailored fits vary between brands.

CleavesF said:   Polyester

Saw the Kenneth Cole suits at Macy's. Although not wool I thought the fabric was very nice and would probably travel better than wool. Nice enough to go home and order another Kenneth Cole slim fit. Store price was $140. Looks like 15% off applies individually so go ahead and added enough to get free shipping and return what you don't want. Pow... 1 suit for$85.

bytem3 said:   
ncourto7633 said:   How can a size 48 be a "slim" fit?
  Welcome to America .

Actually, "slim fit" refers to the cut. For most American brands/designs/cuts, "regular fit" is for the rotund, "slim fit" is for the slightly overweight, and "extra slim fit" is for normal sized folks. But, caveat emptor - all of these regular/slim/extra slim/tailored fits vary between brands.

Exactly, I believe it is just the cut or taper of the jacket. Instead of a straight somewhat boxy jacket it tapers in creating the "slim" fit. If you try one on and you have the right body type it looks much better than traditional fit. 

We're sorry. The current contents of your Shopping Bag do not qualify you for the Promotion - Thanks for signing up for Macy's texts! Enjoy 15% off your $100 purchase!.

Thanks !!!!

mrfash1 said:   We're sorry. The current contents of your Shopping Bag do not qualify you for the Promotion - Thanks for signing up for Macy's texts! Enjoy 15% off your $100 purchase!.
  I had the same problem. Turns out one of my items didn't get in the cart and I was under $100.

Got one of each in the OP. $168. Not bad at all.

I wear suits every day, so they literally become disposable after a year. Even wool.

Did price go up? Showing $119 after the coupon. Thanks.

Yeah. It was 98.99 before coupon. Sale ended yesterday.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014