• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Toshiba C55-A5281 15.6" Laptop

Item: 49563 Model: C55-A5281

http://www.staples.com/Toshiba-C55-A5281-156-Laptop/product_4956...    

thanks nomoney for link below
print q here
http://www.staples.com/coupons?cm_cat=358129&cm_ite=Ongoing+-+St...   

FREE SHIPPING, plus 5% back for Rewards Members

Toshiba C55-A5281 15.6" Laptop

Item: 49563 Model: C55-A5281

Read 79 Reviews

SHARE:

Intel® Pentium® 2020M 2.4GHz 2MB Cache Processor
6GB DDR3 Memory
750GB 5400RPM Hard Drive
See more details

Member Summary

Toshiba C55-a5281
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Will check out, thank you

chimpsnest (Oct. 08, 2013 @ 9:02p) |

Toshiba Laptop C55-a5281
There is a $50 price drop on Sunday Oct 12 $379.99 OTD
You "may" be able to get $50 back from la... (more)

yesidonoitall (Oct. 12, 2013 @ 9:41p) |

And a $20 reduction on the Toshiba L75d-a7283 if you bought one of those.

yesidonoitall (Oct. 12, 2013 @ 9:44p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

good deal, but how do you get $100 off.
Coupon says $100 off laptops $499 or more.

discounted said:   how do you get $100 off?
Coupon says $100 off any laptop priced $499 or more.

REG PRICE $499 or more, lappy listed is $499 list price. that's what counts.

Laptop is $474.99 and that is what Staples will look at.

discounted said:   Laptop is $474.99 and that is what Staples will look at.

Look, I already told you reg price of $499.99 which it clearly shows at the link, everything else there is a discount of some kind. If you don't believe me, then stay home and think you know how these deals work and pass on the deal and the rest of us will go scoop these up at $279 net, OK?

Valid through 10/6/13 in Staples® U.S. stores only. Limit one per customer. Excludes refurbished computers. Discount applies to any laptop regularly priced $499.99 or more, including clearance models. Each item purchased can only be discounted by one coupon, applied by cashier in the order received and prior to tax. Coupon not valid if purchased or sold and must be surrendered. No cash/credit back. Not valid on prior purchases or purchases made with Staples® Procurement or Convenience Cards.

FYI,

might be worth a shot to hand in the 10% rewards coupon too and see if by some miracle that applies (even though laptops are restricted), sometimes the rewards q's work anyway.

at 5% rewards on this machine = $16.50 back in rewards

at 10%                                    = $33 back in rewards

nothing to lose, you'll still get the 5% if the 10% doesn't stick to the order.

So, I bought 5 of the 5285 model the last time we had the $100 coupon, which are on the same rebate, and I believe that is the max for the rebate, right? Would there be anything stopping me from submitting the rebate in my parent's name and sending it to their house? If not, can I still use my Staples rewards number or would they catch that?

Anyone got one with the $100 off coupon, let me know.
I'm pretty sure when you go to buy the laptop rings at $474.99, thus making the coupon invalid, but hey if it works, I'm all for it.

discounted said:   Anyone got one with the $100 off coupon, let me know.
I'm pretty sure when you go to buy the laptop rings at $474.99, thus making the coupon invalid, but hey if it works, I'm all for it.

I got mine in the beginning of July for 229.99 after rebate, they took the 100$ off coupon at the 379.99 price, minus the 50 MIR made it 229.99 plus tax on 279.99.  Sold my other laptop and been using this since, great buy for the money. 

Jared

Yes, I got one. Man, what is it going to take to convince you??? This deal has been posted 3-4 times now in the last few months everytime they run the $100 off coupon. Do you think the veterans on this board would not know how this deal works? Your posts are simply a case of either not reading or not believing, either way, by waiting, you run the risk of losing out cause most stores only have 2 or 3 lappys like this in stock and they sell fast.

they go fast and YES the coupon works on this computer, got one several months ago!!

this is the same laptop I got one for my daughter and one for me..best part i got it on a tax free weekend very happy since they replaced 11 year old laptops!!

I got this a while back. Go through Shop Discover and get an add'l 5% back.

shallot said:   I got this a while back. Go through Shop Discover and get an add'l 5% back.
 Coupon -> Valid in U.S. stores only 

Just got one in Maryland.  No problems whatsoever.  Thanks OP.

This laptop or this deal?  Both are the same price, both have a $50 rebate

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1303198/

bklyndrvr said:   This laptop or this deal?  Both are the same price, both have a $50 rebate

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1303198/  

I believe the Toshiba has 6gb ram vs 4 for the HP. I'd also compare the pass scores of both processors, if the score is close, I'd go with Toshiba, if HP has the better processor, go with HP.

Toshiba has better CPU scores.  So now to find out if my local Staples has them in stock.  Thank you

I have purchased _5_ such offers... the limit of the Toshiba rebate without issue.  Read the terms of the coupon.  Read what others have already explained to you about what "regular price" means.

BTW, for those interested, remember... this Toshiba rebate is the same one that's been going on since June (#13-66643), and ends TOMORROW.  Make sure you're not at your limit.  

shallot said:   I got this a while back. Go through Shop Discover and get an add'l 5% back.

For Staples.com, I believe Shop Discover Cash Back does not apply to computers.

xpolarx said:   

For Staples.com, I believe Shop Discover Cash Back does not apply to computers.

Specifically...

• Offer not valid on gift certificate purchases
  • Offer not valid on shipping, taxes, or other service fees
  • Offer not valid on Tablets, GPS devices and GPS accessories, PDA's, cameras (including camcorders), scanners, and digital frames. Also not valid on computers, software, hardware, drives, memory, printers, copiers, fax machines, custom printed items, premiums and items sold on StaplesPromotionalProducts.com

But, as NMIMW mentioned above, this is an in-store ONLY offer, so Shop Discover doesn't apply at all.

I just picked up the Toshiba from Staples for $329 plus tax with $100 off coupon (I have to submit $50 rebate request). The model was not on display so when I pulled out Mr. Cheap's post and called the laptop by name all the sales people were shocked that I knew about the "secret model". Apparently they were hiding them away for friends and family. Another customer wanted one but they told her no more was in stock...hmmmmmm. I didn't even have to produce my $100 off coupon - the sales people were walking around with them in hand and giving them out.

Don't know if you guys know it but Staples also has a $100 laptop trade-in deal. The laptop has to be able to boot up and be running at least Windows XP. If you have extra cash to burn, go in-store before the $100 coupon expires get a $699 regular price with in-store $100 saving, $100 laptop trade-in, $100 off coupon, and maybe even the $50 rebate (there are 12 different laptops that qualify).

Is there somewhere on Staples that explains the details of the laptop trade-in?
TIA.

Good price. I will go to the store tomorrow then.
Thanks

fwshark said:   Is there somewhere on Staples that explains the details of the laptop trade-in?
TIA.

Not sure if this is what handsgo was talking about, but it only works on touchscreens and it is up to $400.

https://tradeuptotouch.com/tablet/how-it-works

Trade in Reward
Any Netbook $100
Any Notebook/Laptop (any age)
Any Notebook/Laptop (up to 4 years old) $150
Any Apple iPad (1st generation)
Any Notebook/Laptop powered by an Intel i3 or AMD A6 processor $200
Any Apple MacBook (any age)
Any Apple iPad mini $300
Any Apple iPad (2nd generation)
Any Apple iPad (3rd generation)
Any Notebook/Laptop powered by an Intel i5 or AMD A8 or A10 processor
Any Apple iPad (4th generation) $400
Any Notebook/Laptop powered by an Intel i7 or AMD FX processor
Any Apple Macbook (up to 4 years old)
Any Apple Macbook Air
Any Apple Macbook Pro (up to 4 years old)

I think fwshark is referring to this trade-in program which runs until 11/23:

http://www.staples.com/PCs-Trade-in-Trade-Up/cat_CL211261 

If both works, you should be able to get this for $350, Toshiba L55-A5284, 15.6", i5, 8gb, 750 hd 

VegasVegan said:   
fwshark said:   Is there somewhere on Staples that explains the details of the laptop trade-in?
TIA.

Not sure if this is what handsgo was talking about, but it only works on touchscreens and it is up to $400.

https://tradeuptotouch.com/tablet/how-it-works 

Trade in Reward
Any Netbook $100
Any Notebook/Laptop (any age)
Any Notebook/Laptop (up to 4 years old) $150
Any Apple iPad (1st generation)
Any Notebook/Laptop powered by an Intel i3 or AMD A6 processor $200
Any Apple MacBook (any age)
Any Apple iPad mini $300
Any Apple iPad (2nd generation)
Any Apple iPad (3rd generation)
Any Notebook/Laptop powered by an Intel i5 or AMD A8 or A10 processor
Any Apple iPad (4th generation) $400
Any Notebook/Laptop powered by an Intel i7 or AMD FX processor
Any Apple Macbook (up to 4 years old)
Any Apple Macbook Air
Any Apple Macbook Pro (up to 4 years old)

Yes this is it. The sales guy got some print out from the store manager and it looked a lot like this above. He said that you get $100 trade in on any laptop that boots up and runs XP or higher. Newer laptops can get up to $300 off. The only caveat is that the purchasing laptop has to be at least $699 regular price but all other discounts, coupons and rebates can still be used. So essentially using all the current deals you can get a $699 Toshiba for $350 ($699 - $100 in-store instant - $100 coupon - $100 trade-in - $50 rebate = $350). 

Try it before you buy it.

flowindex said:   I think fwshark is referring to this trade-in program which runs until 11/23:

http://www.staples.com/PCs-Trade-in-Trade-Up/cat_CL211261  

If both works, you should be able to get this for $350, Toshiba L55-A5284, 15.6", i5, 8gb, 750 hd  

yes, that's it,  but unfortunately the terms state the trade in laptop has to boot to Windows Vista or higher.  I got one that boots to Win XP.

1366 on a 15"

Oy. Cheap for a reason. I guess if you don't care about the thing you will use 100% of the time (i.e. the screen) it's a good price.

I know, external monitors. But I would run in the opposite direction, personally. Yes, even at $279!!1 plus tax.

Good for a kid, not so good for a primary adult machine, IMO.

This is a Christmas present for my 14 and 12yo kids, so it's perfect for them.  They don't need a touch screen for doing homework.

Staples HAS DONE THIS, $100 OF OF REGULAR $499.99 OR MORE PRICE, A FEW TIMNES IN THE LAST FEW MONTHS, IT WAS ALWAYS BASED ON THE REGULAR PRICE NOT THE CURRENT SELLING PRICE.

If you go for this C55-A5281, in the past in following weeks they lowered the price even more, as low as $230 after rebate and $100 off coupon (which was renewed)
So keep a close watch for that to happen again, remember you have 14 days to pm.

leprechanmonkie said:   

I got mine in the beginning of July for 229.99 after rebate, they took the 100$ off coupon at the 379.99 price, minus the 50 MIR made it 229.99 plus tax on 279.99.  Sold my other laptop and been using this since, great buy for the money. 

Jared

I got the same deal! Mine was 235.00 not including rewards! HP Pavilion g6 Notebook PC

The only issue I had with buying many of these was the 5 rebate limit.....
I did my usual workaround........

I like the HP route since those rebates have no limits on the models that do have rebates. (ones ending in US)

Many of us here are experts in the use of these type coupons....
Staples has done them many times recently.
You will get the cashiers and even managers who at first say no deal....
It is fun teaching them their job.

Do I need another laptop? I already have 5 at home. MUST resist. Good deal though.

Skipping 49 Messages...
And a $20 reduction on the Toshiba L75d-a7283 if you bought one of those.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014