• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
HD+ 16GB  New for $120

Link 

NOTE:  BAD FEEDBACK ON SELLER.  DO YOUR RESEARCH.

Member Summary

nook (64.92kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Be sure to leave some relevant feedback on eBay so others are aware of this issue.

DarthWoo (Oct. 12, 2013 @ 2:04p) |

eBay could care less. They get worse by the day.

caddyphones (Oct. 12, 2013 @ 2:07p) |

Wasn't referring to eBay's administration itself, but it'll be helpful to others who might buy from this seller if there... (more)

DarthWoo (Oct. 12, 2013 @ 2:27p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

bru20 said:   

The eBay feedback looks fine.  (In past 12 mo, 170 negs against 11,000 positive).  Is there somewhere else you are seeing negative feedback?

larryc said:   
bru20 said:   

The eBay feedback looks fine.  (In past 12 mo, 170 negs against 11,000 positive).  Is there somewhere else you are seeing negative feedback?

Going back to July and august lots of issues with this item from the seller.  The fact that they were again put as an eBay Daily Deal seems puzzling.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&ftab=AllFeedback&userid=beststopdeals&iid=-1&de=off&items=25&interval=180&which=negative&mPg=5&page=2

^^^ Ouch. Guess I should have looked back a bit farther. Thanks; I will avoid.

Does seem tempting, but at the same time it seemed a bit suspect that a seller that until now was selling huge lots of refurbished Nooks would suddenly get a massive batch of new ones out of nowhere.

DarthWoo said:   Does seem tempting, but at the same time it seemed a bit suspect that a seller that until now was selling huge lots of refurbished Nooks would suddenly get a massive batch of new ones out of nowhere.
  Why would eBay continue to allow this seller if they were selling refurbished as new?  At the very least I wouldn't think they would feature them as a Daily Deal.

Look out, negative feedback on this seller show that last time around these were refurbished.

shampooguy said:   Look out, negative feedback on this seller show that last time around these were refurbished.

Like in the link I posted above your post?

Is there anything we can do if the listing says  new and we get a refurbished item? Or will we be stuck with the cost of shipping the item back?

Kinda strange. The seller also is selling a refurb model but more expensive than a new one!

Link

Just sent the seller the following question:

do you guarantee that this item is brand new (not refurbished?) I see from your feedback that there were many complaints back in July/August from purchasers who purchased the same item (listed as new) but who said that they actually received refurbished units.

I'm interested in purchasing but only if it is 100% brand new.

You can file a "Not As Described" charge back and if the Seller has money, they will refund your money or the Seller has to make things good.

Don't buy from the seller!

I had a bad experience with the seller. I bought a new NOOK HD+ as a gift for a friend but received an opened box one. Although the condition is like new, it still can not be called brand new. I filed a claim against this seller but eBay asked me to return it at my expense since this tablet was shipped with the original box and it is hard to tell the item came in was not new. In the end, I lost the case and got to return it by myself.

Haven't heard back from the seller regarding my inquiry, but on another forum, someone posted that this is what the seller said when they inquired about the negative feedback:

We had a lot of customer made error on they end purchase the refurbished instead of new because we had both item on sale on Daily deals. We we explained that they purchase a refurbished item instead of new

So they are blaming the buyers?!?!?
@Cenbit, your thoughts?

I am going to wait till this goes below $100.00 brand new then I will buy it. I have to figure by Black Friday it will. 

bru20 said:   
shampooguy said:   Look out, negative feedback on this seller show that last time around these were refurbished.

My bad, thanks for being so on top of it...and for posting such a hot deal

shampooguy said:   
bru20 said:   

My bad, thanks for being so on top of it...and for posting such a hot deal

And thanks for your sarcasm which added what to this thread? "On top of it"?  Like coming back after 7 days to post??

As for the deal being "hot", for some it probably was.

Well the hotness all depends on what you get at this point... Good deal if it shows up and is new... OP found a good deal, kinda feel like eBay is the one screwing everyone if we get refurbs.. Kind of expect that from eBay though. Even when you win a case overall you lose because of the time you waste. eBay tried to deny me an obvious fraud case once because of a typo... on the tracking number entered in the case. That was fixed less than 30 seconds later...

Price is now $144, is there  a coupon or is the deal dead?

deal is dead and from the feedback from previous buyers you may be lucky it is 

fyi, i received a new looking refurb for $109.99 from Rakuten.com (third party).

i've seen them come and go there, but looked brand new.

bru20 said:   HD+ 16GB  New for $120

Link  

Do your research. The guy is selling a ton of product. You get some quirky people on eBay and so you know many happy buyers wont leave feedback but any problems will be noted. I have 99.8% feedback myself so I know what I am talking about. He is not top rated powerseller like me but electronics can be tricky.

Posting from my NEW Nook & loving it. Great deal & fast shipping.

In less than a week it will be a month since I ordered this. HORRIBLE SHIPPING

Well item came... not new, was obviously used. Different internal packaging than new devices and a scratch and fingerprints on the screen.

table9 said:   Well item came... not new, was obviously used. Different internal packaging than new devices and a scratch and fingerprints on the screen.
  Be sure to leave some relevant feedback on eBay so others are aware of this issue.

eBay could care less. They get worse by the day.

caddyphones said:   eBay could care less. They get worse by the day.
  Wasn't referring to eBay's administration itself, but it'll be helpful to others who might buy from this seller if there happen to be more than just a couple negative reviews specifically mentioning the bait and switch.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014