• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Amazon Mom & Prime members: $5 Promo Credit by spending $45+ on select Amazon gift cards. Lots of fine print. Limited supply. 

Link: Amazon Mom Deal  

MUST be BOTH an Amazon Mom and Prime member. (Amazon Mom is free.)

Fine Print:
Enjoy this Amazon Mom-exclusive offer: Stock up on Amazon.com holiday gift card multi-packs, and get a $5 promotional code to spend on yourself. Just purchase at least $45 in holiday Amazon.com Gift Card multi-packs   (shown below) by October 31, 2013, and we'll email you a $5 promotional code to spend at Amazon.com over the holidays. Available in packs of 3 and 10 with a variety of denominations, these holiday gift cards make great stocking stuffers, gift exchange presents, and thank yous to all those extra folks on your list (teacher, Coach, nanny, mailman, and so many more). Amazon.com Gift Cards are redeemable storewide for millions of items and never expire.

Important Notification: This offer is good ONLY to Amazon Mom members with a free trial or paid membership to Amazon Prime. Offer good while supplies last. Not an Amazon Mom? Go here   to learn about and sign up for the program.

How to Use Your Promotional Code
• Add one or more products sold by Amazon.com in new condition to your cart.
• Enter the promotional code in the "Gift Cards & Promotional Codes" box when you check out.
Complete your purchase no later than December 31, 2013, 11:59 PM (PT).
• The savings will be reflected on the final order checkout page. 

Terms & Conditions
In order to qualify for the promotional credit, you must: (1) be a member of both Amazon Mom and Amazon Prime as of October 31, 2013, 11:59 PM (PT); and (2) purchase at least $45 in select Amazon.com Gift Card ("GC") multi-packs between October 1, 2013 and October 31, 2013, 11:59 PM (PT).

• Purchases must be for at least $45 in combined GC multi-pack value.
• Offer valid on GCs purchased on Amazon.com.
• For qualifying purchases, a promotional code of $5 ("Promo Code") will be sent by November 15, 2013 to the e-mail address associated with the Amazon.com account used to purchase the GCs.
• Promo Code is valid through and expires on December 31, 2013, 11:59 PM (PT).
• Limit one Promo Code per customer.
• Promo Code may be applied only to eligible products sold by Amazon.com, Inc. and its affiliates and does not apply to products sold by third-party merchants through the Amazon.com site.
• Savings from the Promo Code will be reflected on the final checkout page on qualifying orders.
• If items purchased with the Promo Code are returned, the amount of the Promo Code used to purchase such items will be subtracted from your return credit.
• The Promo Code is non-transferable and may not be resold.
• The Promo Code may not be combined with other offers.
• If you violate any of these terms and conditions, the promotion will be invalid.
• Void where prohibited.
Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the promotion at any time.
• Additional restrictions apply, see www.amazon.com/promos   for details. 

Amazon
Get Up to 3.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

promo credit
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Is there Amazon Dad?

signed up and done! Thanks OP!

WhoIsThat said:   Is there Amazon Dad?

Yes its called Amazon Mom.

Just to clarify: This can also be used to purchase "gift cards" that the purchaser can him/herself can use... right? So if I were planning to buy a $50 item, I could just buy a 3-pack of $15 gift cards here, and get the $5 bonus to round out the total? (It's not quite clear what the timing of all of this is...)

I just took advantage of it, well see if the $5 promo code comes in or not..

doerrb said:   Just to clarify: This can also be used to purchase "gift cards" that the purchaser can him/herself can use... right? So if I were planning to buy a $50 item, I could just buy a 3-pack of $15 gift cards here, and get the $5 bonus to round out the total? (It's not quite clear what the timing of all of this is...)
They just mail you 3x$15 regular GCs so you can use them yourself or give them to people -- these are regular GCs that don't expire and you can apply them to your Amazon account balance so you can use them all at once or little bit at a time

The $5 bonus will be emailed by Nov 15 and you have until Dec 31 to use it -- it can only be used on items sold by Amazon directly (not 3rd party sellers)

If you have Chase Freedom then buy the $45 GCs with that so you get 5% ($2.25) quarterly Cash Back on it -- comes out to $42.75 for $50 in Amazon GC/credit

Can I use multiple gift cards in a single transaction? Are there any caps like max 5 gift cards per transaction?

vearpinar said:   Can I use multiple gift cards in a single transaction? Are there any caps like max 5 gift cards per transaction?
These are just regular $15 GCs -- you can add them to your Amazon account balance and it'll deduct the amount on your next order (you don't have to use them all at once, unused amount will sit in your account)

There's no limit on number of GCs you can use when ordering -- there's probably some sort of fraud alert that sets off if you add A LOT of GCs to your account at once (not sure exactly at what amount, but its probably a high limit)

That's good...except the spending $45+

Anyone got their $5 yet? Do they really wait till November to send us the promo credit?

ahcool said:   Anyone got their $5 yet? Do they really wait till November to send us the promo credit?
  I have not received mine yet.  I just chatted with someone at Amazon and he said "I've checked the information of the promotion and you are eligible for the promotion. You will receive your code by November 15, 2013."

When I've done Amazon's gift card promo code deals in the past, they have always arrived a few days after the promotion ended (but well before the date it says the code will arrive by).  In other words, a promotion to buy a gift card by the end of a month results in a promo code arriving a few days into the next month.  Even if ordered early in the promotion, it will not arrive until after the promotion has ended.

I haven't received the promo credit yet. Anyone with success or did Amazon screw up?

Got mine early Nov

I never got mine after spending $75 and had to do a chat with customer service. She kindly credited my account with $5. IMO it was more hassle than I expected. I've tried gift card promotions twice and both times had to go through this hassle. The Amex promo is far easier...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014