• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

T-Mobile
Need a T-Mobile coupon that earns Up to $37.50 FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Samsung Galaxy Gear Smartwatch
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
They told me to re-order the item and I did and call back for the credit. I was told that they would credit my account ... (more)

simply2easy (Oct. 18, 2013 @ 5:26p) |

Anyone know if these are still available?

Heisenburg (Oct. 31, 2013 @ 2:50p) |

coupon expired now.

funnyman3000 (Nov. 19, 2013 @ 1:28p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Not a bad price. I'd rather have a TrueSmart though.

Man, I wish I could find one good reason I'd need this device. I'd love to be an early adopter. But every review I have read says meh, don't bother until it has time to mature a bit. Currently can't do anything to justify the $300 pricetag. Maybe Gear 2.

Picked one up yesterday, and absolutely love it. Yes, there are some quirks, and it really does need a Note 3 to work correctly.

It does work a little on the S4, but none of the notifications or weather will work, plus you can't access the app market for Gear apps.

But most of all, it is just a really well made watch with a huge cool factor. At $210, it is almost a no-brainer if you are an early adopter.

Nice find. Kinda funny that it's 30% off after being on the market for a day.

brehas said:   Nice find. Kinda funny that it's 30% off after being on the market for a day.

Not really, I think this is one product that T-Mobile never anticipated being in their accessory department. Most of the stuff there is speakers, headphones and chargers. It wouldn't surprise me if they remove it from that pretty soon. 

I'm in for one. Let's see how this goes.

def good find, so green for op...but like others can't justify it other than cool factor

I can buy this from T-Mobile and use on my GN 3 from At&t

I might bite if it wasn't only for the Note 3. This will kill it before it gets any traction.

Ridiculous restriction.

Death By Incompatibility

Then again, hmmm.... 

brehas said:   Nice find. Kinda funny that it's 30% off after being on the market for a day.
It will be selling at 50% discount before thanksgiving....

there is a new update coming for this watch to make it compatible with other Galaxy phones within the next month or so.. still a good deal.. looks great compared to others on the market.

Maphatlal said:   .... still a good deal.. looks great compared to others on the market.
  others like? 

FUApple said:   

Only an idiot will spend more than $25 on this POS. 

FUApple said:   

Agreed.  I think it'll have to hit $100 before I bite.  Seems like a cool watch, not sure if I want one more thing to have to remember to charge.

coolbreeze said:   I might bite if it wasn't only for the Note 3. This will kill it before it gets any traction.

Ridiculous restriction.

Death By Incompatibility 

Then again, hmmm....  

The "restriction" is because of Bluetooth LE support and the time it will take for Android to adopt it in Jelly Bean 4.3.

Without Bluetooth LE, the device would act like a Sony Ericsson LiveView watch and just not pair or connect most of the time. Patience is a virtue, Samsung I think is trying to long-haul this effort rather than have early adopters thread crap like what killed LiveView (which Sony deserved because they didn't long tail the innovation).

Mine was backordered until Monday, any of the later buyers getting a later date yet?

asuka said:   
coolbreeze said:   I might bite if it wasn't only for the Note 3. This will kill it before it gets any traction.

Ridiculous restriction.

Death By Incompatibility        

Then again, hmmm....         

The "restriction" is because of Bluetooth LE support and the time it will take for Android to adopt it in Jelly Bean 4.3.

Without Bluetooth LE, the device would act like a Sony Ericsson LiveView watch and just not pair or connect most of the time. Patience is a virtue, Samsung I think is trying to long-haul this effort rather than have early adopters thread crap like what killed LiveView (which Sony deserved because they didn't long tail the innovation).

My HTC One has BT LE. It's on 4.1.2. Since May. AOSP and apparently the Samsung fork doesn't yet include it (only on 4.3). HTC has for a while, even on 4.1.

Make no mistake. Samsung will restrict this device to Samsung phones. Until it ends up on woot for $99, that is. Then they will give up and let it really go open source, which it is to begin with.

This is not the special $299 snowflake they think it is. My Pebble is on my wrist right now. Last charged like 8 days ago. Still works fine. No it isn't full featured, but it nails the smartwatch concept, IMO.

Connected to any BT LE device (or BT 3.0) to boot, not just one or two specific models.

Sold out

coolbreeze said:   
asuka said:   

Ridiculous restriction.

Death By Incompatibility         

Then again, hmmm....          

My HTC One has BT LE. It's on 4.1.2. Since May. AOSP and apparently the Samsung fork doesn't yet include it (only on 4.3). HTC has for a while, even on 4.1.

Make no mistake. Samsung will restrict this device to Samsung phones. Until it ends up on woot for $99, that is. Then they will give up and let it really go open source, which it is to begin with.

This is not the special $299 snowflake they think it is. My Pebble is on my wrist right now. Last charged like 8 days ago. Still works fine. No it isn't full featured, but it nails the smartwatch concept, IMO.

Connected to any BT LE device (or BT 3.0) to boot, not just one or two specific models.

Android 4.1 BLE hacks are not the same as Android 4.3 BLE. That's like comparing the XP Broadcom (then Widcomm) Bluetooth stack to the Microsoft Bluetooth Stack that came out later. Anyone who pairs this device and finds it not working, guess what? They'll become haters.

Samsung is choosing to slowly add support rather than unleash an early-adopter device on masses that will reject it. Ask LiveView how that went.

I expect Samsung will drop a Galaxy Gear S or Galaxy Gear 2 at the $149 price point that builds on this device, and touts much broader compatibility. By then BLE will be stable on Android.

not available online or over the phone....might be able to get one at the store, but not sure if they will do the $90 off or not...

asuka said:   
coolbreeze said:   
asuka said:   

Ridiculous restriction.

Death By Incompatibility          

Then again, hmmm....           

Android 4.1 BLE hacks are not the same as Android 4.3 BLE. 

Well either way, my HTC One is getting 4.3 in a week or so. It's all good.

BACK IN STOCK

Beige is in stock, orange and black OOS.

http://www.t-mobile.com/accessories/samsung-galaxy-gear-oatmeal-beige.html

Anyone know how long this coupon is good for?

These should be back in stock as I just got a notification that they are shipping mine out today. Good luck guys.

I wish the MotoActv was still being developed. I think they did the best job so far with a smart watch. What good is the Samsung watch without a phone? I doubt I'd ever use my watch to take a pic or video. All the things I wish this Samsung watch had, it doesn't. I'd rather have some storage for some music than.

SUy81 said:   http://www.t-mobile.com/accessories/samsung-galaxy-gear-jet-black.html      

Coupon Codefallfun30 for $90 off

Keep in mind this will only work on: (copied from the T-Mobile site)

• Galaxy Note 3 - Black
  • Galaxy S® 4 - Black Mist - 16GB
  • Galaxy Note 3 - White 
  • Galaxy S® 4 - White Frost - 16GB

coolbreeze said:   
asuka said:   

Ridiculous restriction.

Death By Incompatibility         

Then again, hmmm....          

I love my Pebble too! Pebble is a watch. Samsung just made a tablet that fits on your wrist. 

Just tried the code, it did not work for me (got the message below). Great job for those who got in on this deal.

SORRY—YOUR ORDER DOESN'T QUALIFY FOR THE FOLLOWING PROMOTION: FALLFUN30

wc455 said:   
SUy81 said:   http://www.t-mobile.com/accessories/samsung-galaxy-gear-jet-black.html       

Coupon Codefallfun30 for $90 off

Keep in mind this will only work on: (copied from the T-Mobile site)

• Galaxy Note 3 - Black
  • Galaxy S® 4 - Black Mist - 16GB
  • Galaxy Note 3 - White 
  • Galaxy S® 4 - White Frost - 16GB

Just tried that code on the Galaxy Note 3. Does not work.

The code does not seem to be working.

Code isn't working, good deal for those for that were able to score one for this $209.99 price.

If the code isn't working for you, be happy, you just saved yourself $210.

looks great.

Got this from T-Mobile today....Is there anyway to make them honor this? I got an email saying that they were going to charge my card and that they had received my order on monday.

Dear T-Mobile Customer,

Our apologies. You recently ordered an item that was listed at an incorrect price: the Samsung Galaxy Gear™. We are unable to fulfill this transaction. Rest assured, your credit card has not been charged.

You can reorder the Samsung Galaxy Gear at the correct price here.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you for being a T-Mobile customer. We truly appreciate your business.

Thank you,

T-Mobile Customer Care

Please do not reply to this email. For assistance, please call 1-800-672-5390.

I got the same email. I am calling them now. Support is no help. Now waiting to speak to manager.

The email is incorrect, it was not listed at an incorrect price. A promotional code was used to purchase this item. Big difference.

They shouldnt be able to get away with this.

Contact the office of the president.

Tmobile

Stuart, Executive Assistant to the Vice President
1-877-290-6323 ext. 341-8025.
Glenn A. Zaccara
Sr. Manager, External Affairs
425-378-4982
glenn.zaccara@T-Mobile.com
Michael Butler
Chief Marketing Officer
Michael.Butler@T-Mobile.com
Kelly Spindle
Executive Customer Relations Coordinator
T-Mobile USA
877-290-6323 Ex. 8082
Avelar, Mercedes
Mercedes.Avelar@T-Mobile.com’
Clelland, John
John.Clelland@T-Mobile.com
Carney, John
John.Carney@T-Mobile.com
Otley, Casey
Casey.Otley@T-Mobile.com
Brodman, Cole
Cole.Brodman@T-Mobile.com
Corporate Responsibility Department
corporate.responsibility@T-Mobile.net

I just called the number in the email. Customer service rep was really apologetic, and offered to adjust the price after I placed a new order online.

Good service, T-Mobile.

They said the same to me, order again and they will adjust the price. This came from the manager/supervisor. Sounded legit.
Unfortunately, I bought 3 and already sold them on eBay. Now I have to cancel those sales and wait two weeks minimum to get the new watches. Mine were supposed to arrive tomorrow.

Skipping 5 Messages...
coupon expired now.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.