• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/VIZIO-E552VL-55-1080p-120Hz-LCD-HDTV-C...

VIZIO E552VL 55" 1080p 120Hz LCD HDTV:

• 55" LCD panel
    With a 1920 x 1080 Full HD resolution
  • True 16:9 aspect ratio
    View your movies as the director intended
  • Wide vertical and horizontal angles
  • Built-in digital tuner
    Watch digital broadcasts, including HDTV programs where available
  • HDMI Inputs: 4
    Enjoy a superior HD experience with HDMI, the one cable audio/video solution
  • 54.64" screen measured diagonally from corner to corner
  • Wall mountable
    VESA standard 400mm x 400mm
  • VIZIO Internet Apps
    Stream music and movies through your TV

Member Summary

VIZIO E552VL 55" 1080p 120Hz LCD HDTV
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Vizio TV sets are not reliable, and their tech support just wasted my time, making me jump through hoops, for them to tell me it needed repair, and refer me to a repair company, with no estimate of how much it might cost to repair. Mine flaked out shortly after the warranty expired. At first I tried communicating with them by email, but they got tired of discussing the problem, and closed it with a note that it was solved. Later when I communicated with them directly they made me jump through all the same hoops again, just to tell me it needed repair, with no clue of what specific repair it needed. A better brand wouldn't have flaked out in the first place, because it would have used higher quality parts that would last longer.

9000 said:   Vizio TV sets are not reliable, and their tech support just wasted my time, making me jump through hoops, for them to tell me it needed repair, and refer me to a repair company, with no estimate of how much it might cost to repair. Mine flaked out shortly after the warranty expired. At first I tried communicating with them by email, but they got tired of discussing the problem, and closed it with a note that it was solved. Later when I communicated with them directly they made me jump through all the same hoops again, just to tell me it needed repair, with no clue of what specific repair it needed. A better brand wouldn't have flaked out in the first place, because it would have used higher quality parts that would last longer.
††Should have bought the extended warranty. When you buy at wallys its cheap insurance.

Does anyone know if the TV is new or refurbished? When I add the TV + Extended Warranty to the cart, the warranty description is " 4 Year Service Plan for Refurbished Televisions $500 - $699.99 $116.00"

limeyfromuk said:   Does anyone know if the TV is new or refurbished? When I add the TV + Extended Warranty to the card, the warranty description is " 4 Year Service Plan for Refurbished Televisions $500 - $699.99 $116.00"
††it shows as new when I search for vizio e552vl on wallys. call to be sure.

For a 55 inch that is good price, and vizios do have a great reputation. But Black Friday is very close. I am going to wait till then.

Going thru their careplan link, http://see.walmart.com/walmart/protection-plans/ the 4-year warranty for NEW TV price range $500-$699.99 is $89 but for REFURBISHED its $118 - and so either the TV is refurbished or they made a mistake attaching the wrong care plan to the TV.

It is a refurb. At the bottom of the specs list it says model E552VLB

Here is the Vizio page for that model

http://store.vizio.com/e552vlb.html

Here is the WalMart page for same TV without the B at end of model #. It sells for about $850

http://www.walmart.com/ip/VIZIO-55-Class-1080p-120Hz-LCD-HDTV-E5...

It is new, WM does not sell refurbs and not tell you so.

Does it play xvid or mp4 from USB? Can't get from the online manual.

I bought a vizio refurb from WalMart two years ago and have not had a single issue. this deal is great for someone who wants a big screen on a budget

how does this compare to the panny in the other thread?

OOS online.

If this is refurbished, that listing is really deceptive by omission. Nowhere does it say that the item is refurbished. In fact the only question asked on the Wally site is whether or not it is refurbished (because of the extended warranty) and it is not answered.

It's new.

It's a moot point but it's a refurb according to WalMart

Original Message Follows
-------------------------
10/06/2013 12:06 PM from you:
The VIZIO E552VL you have listed online as WalMart# 551709076 does not say refurbished in the title. Yet in the specs list it says the model# is E552VLB which according to Vizio is a refurb. Also when you add to cart and get protection plan it say plan is for a refurb unit.

Is this a refurbished unit?

Here is the web page.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/VIZIO-E552VL-55-1080p-120Hz-LCD-HDTV-C...

RESPONSE:

Hi B,

We are very sorry for the inconvenience this matter has caused you. Since the plan is for a refurbished unit, the unit is refurbished.

If you have additional questions, please reply to this email or call us at 1-800-966-6546.

Sincerely,

WalMart.com Customer Care

I think we're going to have to wait to when the TV arrives to determine if it's new or recertified. The response I received from WalMart says it's new.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello P,

According to our records the VIZIO 55" LCD HDTV that you have purchased is brand new. You can find additional information clicking in the link below:

VIZIO 55" LCD HDTV

If there is anything else in which we can assist you or if you have further inquiries regarding this matter, please reply to this email or call us at 1-800-966-6546.

Sincerely,
WalMart.com Customer Care

Original Message Follows
-------------------------
10/06/2013 11:55 AM from you:
Is the TV below that I ordered a refurbished or recertified unit?

Thanks

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014