• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Possible price mistake. Next best price is $315 more!

Copic 72 Piece Sketch Paper Crafting Markers Set @ Staples - $14.99
compare at $329.09
Free Store Pick up

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Staples
See Staples discounts that earn Up to 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Copic 72 Piece Sketch Paper Crafting Markers Set
Thanks erohrer
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Same here. I actually started a Live Chat, and here are some tidbits from it (my name redacted):

10/11/2013 07:15:35PM    ... (more)

almightytora (Oct. 11, 2013 @ 7:03p) |

Has anyone actually gotten their sets yet? If so, did you do store pickup or home delivery? Mine still says "Transmitt... (more)

schwanjoe (Oct. 27, 2013 @ 9:27p) |

Mine says the same thing (transmitted to warehouse". No markers yet and no cancellation email.

cathwats (Nov. 03, 2013 @ 3:52p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Nothing possible about it, definite price mistake. In for a couple to see if they ship.

In for 3 (deliver to local store). I have some artist friends who would love these.

Thanks OP!  My son is currently majoring in Industrial Design and has a set of these. They are ridiculously expensive!!  Hoping this goes through.

BTW...it looks like all of their copic sets are inexpensive!

In 4 cancellation...at checkout it said shipping will be delayed.

Ordered an hour ago and still have not received an emailed confirmation, despite having an order number and everything. Also, I went and looked in "My Orders" and the order is not there.

in for 1 cancellation

Same - ordered, but no confirmation, order cannot be found.

I didn't read through all the postings before ordering two for store pickup. Although I dislike going to my most local Staples (they really push for any and all add-on's to everything), I'll wait a bit and check for cancellation.

In 4 three cancellations.

N4four

Out of Stock

ordered this morning and no email confirmation and no listing under "my orders". now it shows in process. will wait to see if it ships

Indeed out of stock. Got my order confirmation a few minutes ago!

Looks like all the 72 piece sets are now out of stock.

Looks like all copic markers are out of stock

Online only now.
Staples said: Delivery Time Has Changed
Important Note: We were unable to check our inventory at this time and cannot confirm that all your items are available. Product availability and expected delivery dates will be on your order confirmation email.
To place your order, use the "Submit Order" button at the end of this page.
If you do not wish to continue with this order at this time, please click here to continue shopping.
For more information, please call 1-800-3-STAPLE or email us at support@orders.Staples.com.

The Fatwallet Effect

Got my confirmation, but no out of stock notification. Waiting...

I got a Order Notification on one order. (I ordered two of the $15.99 ones as well, but no Notification yet.)

Just got off the phone with Staples customer service manager, trying to locate my order I made this morning at 8:00 am.
was told that all orders for copic markers are going to be cancelled, notices will be sent out to all those who ordered. this
was a typo and as she put it, they are not responsible for typos and do not have to honor them~ I have not officially received my email notice
as of yet, Staples is working on fixing their website, as copic let them know of the issue earlier today.  The prices will be fixed shortly, and they
do not have to offer you the same price on out of stock merchandise either is what the supervisor told me as well.  This is bad PR, and they should
at least offer an in store credit for all the hassle each person will go through.  Just my thoughts...good luck to all hopefully someone gets a set. LOL

Just checked the Staples site...all copic items are Out of Stock. Including
the marker case/bag. This is how Staples is preventing people from ordering items
until they fix all the prices to reflect the proper retail. The items are all not out of stock,
this is a false claim by Staples...

"Just got off the phone" I can't believe this still happens or that people take the time to say so afterward. It is quite telling that no other fatwalleters comment after this obvious killing of the deal and alerting those at Staples if they weren't aware already that orders needed cancelled.

Thanks OP for your effort and hope you continue to do so even when others try to kill the deal.

I have not made many posts and did not know this was the wrong thing.  I did not kill this deal
Staples knew this problem long before I called to check on my order. I was extending the courtesy
to others by stating what the supervisor told me...I did not mean any offense here to other fellow
fatwallet members...and before you post negative comments, give people a chance to learn how 
this works, I am quite sure you didn't start out knowing everything yourself.  This was an honest error.
Sorry if I offended anyone here.

Received a call this morning that my payment method wasn't approved. yea right

Valued Staples Customer,

We're sorry to inform you that Staples is unable to process your order number [redacted] for item 299724 Copic Marker 72pc Set A Sketch Markers, because the price for this item was incorrectly listed on Staples.com. This order has been cancelled and your credit card will not be charged.

We value your business and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If you need further assistance, please contact us by phone at 1-800-333-3330 or by email at support@orders.Staples.com.

Sincerely,
Staples Customer Service

change.org has a petition... Staples: Honor the sales of the Copic markers if anyone is interested in
signing it. link...www.change.org/petitions/staples-honor-the-sales-of-the-copic-ma...

valuemama said:   change.org has a petition... Staples: Honor the sales of the Copic markers if anyone is interested in
signing it. link...www.change.org/petitions/staples-honor-the-sales-of-the-copic-ma...

lmao, really?

I ordered 2 plus filler to get free shipping. Received filler but was charged for everything. Order says markers delivered. Might want to check your credit card. I never received a cancellation email.

Was in for 2.  Added some filler for free shipping.  No cancellation e-mail.  Shipment delivered, but not the markers.  CC charged.  

I seem to be in limbo. Ordered two for store delivery. Shill showing as in process and estimated to be delivered to local store 3 days ago. I'll check to see if my CC was charged. Nothing received regarding cancellation, out of stock, etc.

Rick505 said:   I seem to be in limbo. Ordered two for store delivery. Shill showing as in process and estimated to be delivered to local store 3 days ago. I'll check to see if my CC was charged. Nothing received regarding cancellation, out of stock, etc.
  Yep, I was in for two as well, order still shows processing. I will leave it for a bit and see what happens.

Rick505 said:   I seem to be in limbo. Ordered two for store delivery. Shill showing as in process and estimated to be delivered to local store 3 days ago. I'll check to see if my CC was charged. Nothing received regarding cancellation, out of stock, etc.

Same here. I actually started a Live Chat, and here are some tidbits from it (my name redacted):

10/11/2013 07:15:35PM     System: "Welcome to Staples.com Live Chat. We will be with you shortly."

10/11/2013 07:47:06PM     Session Started with Agent (Kuldeep)
10/11/2013 07:47:06PM      "Order still shows as "Transmitted to Warehouse" with a delivery date being 3 days ago. I am wondering what is going on."

(Here, the agent was trying to tell me the items were never in stock to begin with, which is an obvious lie.)

10/11/2013 07:54:22PM      "You did tell me my card wasn't charged. Are those items going to be in stock again, and will that order be fulfilled?"
10/11/2013 07:55:19PM     Agent (Kuldeep): "Yes."
10/11/2013 07:55:50PM      "Okay. Will I be advised when that will happen and when I can pick them up at the store?"
10/11/2013 07:56:43PM     Agent (Kuldeep): "We are expecting that to happen very soon, but I can't give you a time frame on that."
10/11/2013 07:57:02PM      "Okay. I'll just wait for them to get back in stock."
10/11/2013 07:59:34PM     Agent (Kuldeep): "Thank you for contacting Staples Live Customer Support today. Have a wonderful day!+"
10/11/2013 07:59:53PM      "Thanks."

Has anyone actually gotten their sets yet? If so, did you do store pickup or home delivery? Mine still says "Transmitted to Warehouse"...

Mine says the same thing (transmitted to warehouse". No markers yet and no cancellation email.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014