Lifetime Cash Back:

Windows 7 Acer laptop 1000M(1.80GHz) 4GB, 500GB, 15.6" $340 shipped @newegg

First page
Last page
1 of 1
unnamedny
10/8/13 4:22 PM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834314104

If you are looking for a budget Windows 7 laptop, this one is for you. There is mistake in specs. It comes with 1005m 1.9 Ghz processor and It has 1 stick of ram (second slot is empty for very simple upgrade). 7 Positive confirmed reviews
WikiPost
10/8/13 4:22 PM
Acer 1000M [ image/jpeg - 48.68kB ]
gordon6971
10/8/13 5:31 PM
At 5.5 lbs, this is more a desktop replacement, and less a unit you'd want to carry around with you. Win 7 is a definite plus. I'd upgrade the RAM for sure, it's easy to do and not very expensive. All the major RAM manufacturers can scan your system and guarantee you're buying the right version. It appears you get more than your money's worth with this product.
pruss
10/8/13 7:45 PM
This is slightly off-topic, but is Win 7 Home much of an advantage over Win 8 if you install Classic Shell on Win 8? Win 7 Pro would be an advantage as you'd get XP Mode.
forbin4040
10/8/13 7:58 PM
pruss said:   

This is slightly off-topic, but is Win 7 Home much of an advantage over Win 8 if you install Classic Shell on Win 8? Win 7 Pro would be an advantage as you'd get XP Mode.

† Depends on what you call an 'advantage'. †Classic shell is 90% of the way there..but there are things that it doesn't do right.†

Edit : sorry I didn't notice it was an Acer , I've had bad experiences with Acer
pruss
10/8/13 8:24 PM
I wonder how it differs from Classic Shell on Win7. I use Classic Shell on Win7 to make it look just like XP.
unnamedny
10/8/13 11:41 PM
forbin4040 said:   

pruss said:   

† Depends on what you call an 'advantage'. †Classic shell is 90% of the way there..but there are things that it doesn't do right.†

Edit : sorry I didn't notice it was an Acer , I've had bad experiences with Acer

† I've tried Windows 8 on one laptop for 10 min, then I immediately went into bios and made sure I can load Windows 7 from DVD. Turned out hardware had drivers issues.† Good thing I bought it on eBay and it had a return policy. I had an Acer laptop for 5 years already and it's still breathing. I have one of these as well, I bought it before it went on sale, it used to be $379 but I'm very pleased with it. I had bad experience with Toshiba, I think Asus went downhill, and I had really good experience with Lenovo.†
GMY
10/9/13 12:54 AM
forbin4040 said:   

pruss said:   

††I've had very good experiences with Acer . I guess it's hit and miss.
UPpudge
10/9/13 5:48 PM
Any warranty for this computer?
SupTech
10/9/13 7:52 PM
UPpudge said:   

Any warranty for this computer?

• Limited Warranty period (parts):†1 year
  • Limited Warranty period (labor):†1 year

† † †...sigh..
First page
Last page
1 of 1
Please select a reason for your RED vote:

You may be contacted via Private Message during the investigation of this issue.