• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834314104

If you are looking for a budget Windows 7 laptop, this one is for you. There is mistake in specs. It comes with 1005m 1.9 Ghz processor and It has 1 stick of ram (second slot is empty for very simple upgrade). 7 Positive confirmed reviews

Member Summary

Acer 1000M
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

At 5.5 lbs, this is more a desktop replacement, and less a unit you'd want to carry around with you. Win 7 is a definite plus. I'd upgrade the RAM for sure, it's easy to do and not very expensive. All the major RAM manufacturers can scan your system and guarantee you're buying the right version. It appears you get more than your money's worth with this product.

This is slightly off-topic, but is Win 7 Home much of an advantage over Win 8 if you install Classic Shell on Win 8? Win 7 Pro would be an advantage as you'd get XP Mode.

pruss said:   This is slightly off-topic, but is Win 7 Home much of an advantage over Win 8 if you install Classic Shell on Win 8? Win 7 Pro would be an advantage as you'd get XP Mode.
† Depends on what you call an 'advantage'. †Classic shell is 90% of the way there..but there are things that it doesn't do right.†

Edit : sorry I didn't notice it was an Acer , I've had bad experiences with Acer

I wonder how it differs from Classic Shell on Win7. I use Classic Shell on Win7 to make it look just like XP.

forbin4040 said:   
pruss said:   This is slightly off-topic, but is Win 7 Home much of an advantage over Win 8 if you install Classic Shell on Win 8? Win 7 Pro would be an advantage as you'd get XP Mode.
† Depends on what you call an 'advantage'. †Classic shell is 90% of the way there..but there are things that it doesn't do right.†

Edit : sorry I didn't notice it was an Acer , I've had bad experiences with Acer

† I've tried Windows 8 on one laptop for 10 min, then I immediately went into bios and made sure I can load Windows 7 from DVD. Turned out hardware had drivers issues.† Good thing I bought it on eBay and it had a return policy. I had an Acer laptop for 5 years already and it's still breathing. I have one of these as well, I bought it before it went on sale, it used to be $379 but I'm very pleased with it. I had bad experience with Toshiba, I think Asus went downhill, and I had really good experience with Lenovo.†

forbin4040 said:   

††I've had very good experiences with Acer . I guess it's hit and miss.

Any warranty for this computer?

UPpudge said:   Any warranty for this computer?

• Limited Warranty period (parts):†1 year
  • Limited Warranty period (labor):†1 year

† † †...sigh..

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014