• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

WD My Passport 2TB Portable USB 3.0 External Hard Drive Silver
Disclaimer
credit techbargains

staple has this item for $99.99 with free shipping

WD My Passport 2TB Portable USB 3.0 External Hard Drive (Silver)
Item: 300033 Model: WDBY8L0020BSL
2TB capacity
Ultra-fast transfer rates - When connected to a USB 3.0 port My Passport lets you access and save files in blazing speed. Reduce transfer time by up to 3 times when compared to USB 2.0 transfer rates
USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 compatibility – With this single drive you get compatibility with your USB 2.0 devices today and the ultra-fast speed of USB 3.0 when you’re ready to step up to the next generation
High capacity, small design - Offering high capacity in a compact drive, My Passport is the ideal companion for anyone with lots of videos, photos, music, and files that they want to help protect and take on the road
Automatic, continuous backup software - You’re in control of your backup. Install all the features, select just the components you need, or if you prefer, choose not to use the software at all. The software works quietly in the background to help protect your data using minimal PC resources. Whenever you add or change a file, it’s instantly backed up
WD Security™ - WD Security utility allows you to set password protection and hardware encryption for your drive to help protect your files from unauthorized use or access
WD Drive Utilities™ - Register your drive, set drive timer, run diagnostics and more using WD Drive Utilities
USB-powered - Powered directly from the USB port on your PC. No separate power supply is needed
WD quality inside and out – We know your data is important to you. So we build the drive inside to our demanding requirements for durability, shock tolerance, and long-term reliability. Then, we protect the drive with a durable enclosure designed for beauty and protection
Dimensions: 0.82"H x 3.24"W x 4.37"D, 0.51 lbs.
2-year limited warranty

Thank you for reading

Member Summary

mypassport
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

copped...thanks! 

snagged one with my $40 off of $80 so $61 shipped!  Thanks OP and rep'd!

Great reviews from Best Buy. 4.7/5 stars w/ 394 total reviews.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/wd-my-passport-2tb-external-usb-3-0-...

I've already bought 2 yesterday with 25 off 75 coupons! Didn't get the $40 off $100 coupon...

great deal will get one tomorrow when I get paid.

I had a question, and after a bit of digging I found the answer.

So if anyone else is wondering what the rotational speed of the hard drive in this unit is:
http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1704  

I've needed a portable external 2TB regardless and wanted to avoid the low-rung Essentials line with their one year warranty. Thanks for another good deal VivYip!

Edit: Amazon reviews indicate 5400 rpm for this model, which lessens the power requirements so it might help considering the straight, non-Y USB cable setup that this drive utilizes. They also indicate that speed is comparable to 7200 anyway...

Just the sort of deal I was looking to use that coupon on. Thanks.

Use $25 off Amex offer for Amex card holders

matthewkim said:   Use $25 off Amex offer for Amex card holders
  What is this, can you give more details

ManuFact said:   \
I've needed a portable external 2TB regardless and wanted to avoid the low-rung Essentials line with their one year warranty.

Passports are 2 year warranties. Ultra 2TB 2.5" externals are 3 year.

justanothergeek said:   snagged one with my $40 off of $80 so $61 shipped!  Thanks OP and rep'd!
  Have I been under a rock, where is the 40 off 80 coupon??

can you rip the hard drive out of these and run it in a laptop?

brusbrother said:   
justanothergeek said:   snagged one with my $40 off of $80 so $61 shipped!  Thanks OP and rep'd!
  Have I been under a rock, where is the 40 off 80 coupon??

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/deal-discussion/1305216/   

The $25 off $75 at Staples for AMEX cardholders may be available in your Offers for You tab when you log into your Amex account.

Details at http://poorstudentblog.com/25-75-staples-amex-cardholders-potent... and http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1304467/

Thanks NoMoney found it in my email!

Anyone open one of these up? Can this be installed in desktop/laptop?

brusbrother said:   Anyone open one of these up? Can this be installed in desktop/laptop?

This question is asked every time there's a thread about these drives. The short answer is no as it uses a special proprietary connection.

Not expired. Still on.

Search for the $15 off $50 online coupon. With the $25 off $75, it's only $60 for the drive!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014