• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Seagate Backup Plus 1TB Portable Drive And Total Defense Premium Internet Security Bundle (STBU1000100 Bundle)
What a great deal! You get a 1TB Hard Drive with an USB 3.0 external case for only $34.99 after $60 MIR. Exp: 10/31/13. Shipping for me was only $4 on it as well. Not bad.
I personally am going to trash the software (all the reviews look bad anyway on the software). That's a great deal for a 1TB external USB 3.0 drive! Enjoy!

Tiger Direct
Need a Tiger Direct coupon that earns 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Mavrick88 said:   Seagate Backup Plus 1TB Portable Drive And Total Defense Premium Internet Security Bundle (STBU1000100 Bundle) 
What a great deal! You get a 1TB Hard Drive with an USB 3.0 external case for only $34.99 after $60 MIR. Exp: 10/31/13. Shipping for me was only $4 on it as well. Not bad.
I personally am going to trash the software (all the reviews look bad anyway on the software). That's a great deal for a 1TB external USB 3.0 drive! Enjoy!

Does the total defense require sign up with your CC info?

I really don't know. I really didn't post it for the software. I posted it for the hard drive. That's an awesome price on a 1TB 3.0 Drive! Maybe someone else has tried this software before. Be warned, the reviews don't look that great on the software. A USB 3.0 Hard drive has nothing to do with the software! Use something else, still a great deal!

Just fyi, "The product must be activated prior to rebate redemption. Activation requires a valid credit card in order to establish your software subscription. Subscription fees will be
automatically charged to your account upon expiration of the initial term. Y"

You have to activate the software which requires a CC and signs you up for a subscription.  I believe you can cancel it, just a hassle which i'm sure they are trying to catch people on.  I think this was posted earlier, or maybe I had just seen that bit on another deal site.

tomatthe said:   Just fyi, "The product must be activated prior to rebate redemption. Activation requires a valid credit card in order to establish your software subscription. Subscription fees will be
automatically charged to your account upon expiration of the initial term. Y"

You have to activate the software which requires a CC and signs you up for a subscription.  I believe you can cancel it, just a hassle which i'm sure they are trying to catch people on.  I think this was posted earlier, or maybe I had just seen that bit on another deal site.

yeah, toomuch hassle, but still decent deal if you dno't mind the hassle, or use a discover generated $1 limit CC (don't say I said that, ) . green for OP

rather just pay $25 more up front for a portable 1TB and avoid the $60 rebate altogether.

In for 1

Danzilla said:   rather just pay $25 more up front for a portable 1TB and avoid the $60 rebate altogether.
  I agree - Done with Rebates now. 

For the record I've used Tiger's rebates many times and I have never had a problem. They don't even take 8-12 weeks like they state anymore. I usually get them back within 3 weeks. Up to you! I just thought it was a great deal for just the hard drive! Screw the software!

This is not a bad deal.  But comparing to 2TB USB3.0 portable HDs that can be bought at $99 nowadays, this deal would be equivalent to $70 (for two drives of 1TB each) plus the hassle of rebates.  Pricing it at $20 or $25 AR may be much more attractive. 

There have been a lot of deals @ TD involving Total Defense's MIR over the last year. Many doubts about the quality and reliability of the rebates and/or the necessity to enter CC info for software activation. Just search topics.

I like the final price, but I'll pass.

allup said:   This is not a bad deal.  But comparing to 2TB USB3.0 portable HDs that can be bought at $99 nowadays, this deal would be equivalent to $70 (for two drives of 1TB each) plus the hassle of rebates.  Pricing it at $20 or $25 AR may be much more attractive. 
  I'll agree with you on that

I can speak from experience on the most recent TD external drive / Total Defense deal...

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/expired-deals/1300230/

I've received both items.
Activation of the software was painless.
Software DOES NOT have to be installed.
I called and spoke to a representative who cancelled my 'automatic renewal'.  I immediately confirmed this on their website and it was indeed cancelled and my account no longer had a credit card associated with it.
I have already received confirmation emails for both of the rebates indicating that they have received the documentation that I mailed.

No worries on my end about the rebates going through, but I do understand some people's hesitation.  Just thought I'd lend my experience from last go-round to this thread.  This is not as good of a deal in my opinion (last one was $20 AR for a USB 2.0 1TB drive) but still a good deal if you don't mind rebates.

I can confirm all of what ChinaRider said. I've done several of these, gotten the rebate every time. I use a rebate card when activating, and that is spent within the next month or two. Cancellation of the auto-renewal can also be done online -- I usually do that 1 hour or so after activating. It *is* a couple extra hassle steps, but the deals I have gotten in the past have been worth it to me. To each his own though. I've not done the October one yet -- waiting on a better deal.

Centon 64GB DataStickPro USB 2.0 Flash Drive and Total Defense Premium Internet Security Bundle 
Awesome. Thanks for the info guys. There is also this deal (I thought about making a new forum for it, but it's pretty much the same deal, but with a 64GB (USB 2.0 - ick) stick and it's free after rebate.

ChinaRider said:   I can speak from experience on the most recent TD external drive / Total Defense deal...

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/expired-deals/1300230/ 

I've received both items.
Activation of the software was painless.
Software DOES NOT have to be installed.
I called and spoke to a representative who cancelled my 'automatic renewal'.  I immediately confirmed this on their website and it was indeed cancelled and my account no longer had a credit card associated with it.
I have already received confirmation emails for both of the rebates indicating that they have received the documentation that I mailed.

No worries on my end about the rebates going through, but I do understand some people's hesitation.  Just thought I'd lend my experience from last go-round to this thread.  This is not as good of a deal in my opinion (last one was $20 AR for a USB 2.0 1TB drive) but still a good deal if you don't mind rebates.

I also got in on an earlier 1TB deal, and things worked as promised.  Software did need to be activated, but did not need to be installed, and cancelling renewal was painless.  With as good as this (net) price is, it's still a little but higher than we've seen before, so I might hold out for better. 

They must have runout of the drives since my shipment shows only the software shipping and
the offer now says soldout on their site.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014