Disclaimer
credit dealnews

meade has this item for $24.99 with $8.80 shipping

Meade NG60-SM Altazimuth Refractor #20221
60mm f/11.7 Refractor - 700mm focal length
Altazimuth mount with slow motion controls
Height adjustable tripod
Two eyepieces - MH9mm, MH25mm

It features a 60mm f/11.7 refractor, 700mm focal length, slow motion controls, adjustable tripod, and two eyepieces.

Hope this might help someone. Thank you for reading.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks. Perfect gift for my two little ones to get started.

Might want to put telescope in the title. I was had no idea what this was until clicking on the link

This is an ok price, but not great. It is on Amazon $50 now, but has dropped to $40, so the savings here is really only about $6.

For beginners, a dobsonian is usually better. This one goes down to about $25-30 a few times a year, sometimes lower around christmas:

http://www.amazon.com/Celestron-21024-FirstScope-Telescope/dp/B0...

It has a 76mm opening, so much more light.

SteveG

Looks like the deal is dead

Order cancelled. Slickdeals...nobody reported it shipped yet either and a couple cancellations too. Frickin Meade and their fulfillment provider. This was a b-day present for a child.

Yup was looking to be able to use this with my daughter and a good price for a nice unit. Would have been nice for them to at least give a reason or even coupon for the hassle.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014