Panasonic ZS25 Camera $199 @ Costco B&M

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Panasonic ZS25 $199 with usual Costco extras: case & 16 gb card. Expires 11/2.

Specs & reviews:
http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-DMC-ZS25-Compact-Digital-Intelligent/dp/B00ATE7W7G/   

As always, for those of you who constantly whine about imperfect posts: man up or call mommy.

Amazon
Get Up to 5.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

Panasonic ZS25 Camera (18.11kB)
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Good thing I have my mom on speed dial

I knew that waiting forever might pay off!

Somehow I still can't walk out of the shadow of color noise in Panasonic cams years ago.

garycook said:   Somehow I still can't walk out of the shadow of color noise in Panasonic cams years ago.
  You might have PPTSD.

(Panny Post Traumatic Shadow Disorder) :-0

My shirt pocket zx`19 rivals my D40 and it's convenience makes it totally awesome.

Can't believe Amazon uses such low quality pictures in a camera's produce description.

Last time I tried the Panny, can't remember the exact model but it's ZS also.
Two things I dislike
+ IQ wasn't good, not impressed at all. It could be the defected unit but the images always looked pal-ish or sometime light-blueish. It was with Auto and Smart Auto mode. No color adjustment.
+ Panny proprietary data cable, not standard mini-USB cable. Very inconvenient.

Since then, I tend to shy away from Panny.

Update: Just popped up in my mind, there is another thing, not issue but just a thing, that is low-light images (images that taken by my Lumix in low light condition, without flash) look bad. Well, I think I should say "it does not look good". By that I meant, compared to my 9 year old Sony camera (DSC-V3), it does NOT look better in low light. I bought it for the hype of low-light, well balance image but I was disappointed.

Not sure why title specifies B&M.  I am able to purchase online as well.
http://www.costco.com/Panasonic-LUMIX-ZS25-Digital-Camera-Bundle.product.100038762.html 
I bought this camera in May and have been happy with it so far.  I'm not a professional by any means, but I've been happy with everyday shots & action shots.  I bought it for the zoom when we were in Europe over the summer and it didn't disappoint for taking clear long range shots. 
I do get annoyed with it taking multiple pics in low light conditions and the processing could be a bit faster in auto mode.  Overall I'm happy with the functions in the size that it comes; where it can easity fit into my jeans/shorts pocket.

One has to compromise all the time and this is the case as well.
This is compact long zoom camera. That said, if you need this then, this is probably one of the best cameras out there.

Does this camera take pics that are as good as DSLRs? Of course not.
I say this camera ranks very high among compact cameras. Among the long zoom compacts, this one ranks as one of the best.

For the issue with proprietary cable issue, I just use an SD card reader.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014