Payment Requested:
Payment Processed:
Lifetime Cash Back:

New Asus Windows 8.1 Tablet 64GB - $331.49 - After cash back - Groupon

First page
1 of 3
xpolarx
10/18/13 2:21 PM
ASUS 10.1" Transformer Book T100 with Detachable Keyboard - $331.49 After Cash Back
($389.99 - 15% Cash Back)

*MUST use www.shopdiscover.com  to get 15% Cash Back from Groupon"

Additional 5% Cash Back available for those who are registered for the extra 5% back for online purchases.  (5% caps at $1500 in online purchases from Oct - Dec 2013)

Linky   

This tablet comes with the new Intel Atom quad-core processor (Bay Trail) and a detachable keyboard.

The battery life is rated at 11+ hours which I think is pretty good.

Also, it is 3 oz lighter than the Lenovo Lynx K3011

• Product number: T100TA-C1-GR
  • Detachable 10.1" HD IPS tablet and notebook
  • 1.86Ghz Intel Atom Bay Trail-T Z3740 quad-core processor
  • 2GB DD3 memory
  • 64GB SSD hard drive
  • Windows 8.1 OS and free copy of Microsoft Office
  • 11-hour battery
  • Unlimited ASUS web storage for one year
  • Condition: new
ASUS 10.1 [ image/jpeg - 31.94kB ]
WikiPost
10/18/13 2:21 PM
tablet [ image/jpeg - 31.94kB ]
throwexception
10/18/13 9:09 PM
Pretty good deal. It's a full Windows 8.1, so regular x86 windows programs will work. Screen resolution is "meh" compared to iOS or Android tablets in this range, but then again you get Windows compatibility.

Just note that this is a budget tablet/hybrid so it doesn't have the usual digitizer/stylus of Windows 8 tablets.

I myself need the digitizer to do my work/sketch diagrams, so I'll pass until something else comes along.

If someone owns this, I would love to hear about performance, real life performance and not stats. (Esp because x86 programs need a lot more CPU power to be "responsive"; does Bay Trail fit the bill?)
HKSturboKid
10/18/13 9:24 PM
Just upgraded my Surface RT to Surface 8.1 RT. I don't know if it just me but The Start Button is a joke. Instead of clicking on the Desktop Tile to show the desktop, you click on the Start button to show the desktop. It does not show any context menu like the Win 7 or the older OS.
nick555
10/18/13 10:07 PM
2 reviews:

CNET 
Notebook Review
TellyTubby
10/18/13 11:05 PM
HKSturboKid said:   

Just upgraded my Surface RT to Surface 8.1 RT. I don't know if it just me but The Start Button is a joke. Instead of clicking on the Desktop Tile to show the desktop, you click on the Start button to show the desktop. It does not show any context menu like the Win 7 or the older OS.

Microsoft thought that people missed the start button. In reality they missed the start menu, rejecting the metro interface on all but the tablets. Sad. But you know what? Microsoft knows what's best for you... or so they think.

As for this device... it's the netbook debacle all over again.
gtdad
10/18/13 11:07 PM
HKSturboKid said:   

No, it's just you. If you right click the start button you get all the old familiar Win7 options except for entering a file search.

Thanks OP, this appears to be an excellent deal. BestBuy has the 32gb version listed online. I would probably like to see it in person there before I buy. Also, it doesn't have a rear facing camera. But I have a Nokia Lumia phone which takes great pictures, and with SkyDrive all pictures are immediately available on all devices. So I think I this won't be an issue.
RiceBOX
10/18/13 11:28 PM
wow i just bought this on Amazon for 400
GWBush
10/18/13 11:39 PM
TellyTubby said:   

HKSturboKid said:   

Microsoft thought that people missed the start button. In reality they missed the start menu, rejecting the metro interface on all but the tablets. Sad. But you know what? Microsoft knows what's best for you... or so they think.

As for this device... it's the netbook debacle all over again.

The joke is that when Apple does it, fans rejoice.  When Microsoft does it, they are some how the villain.  

There's just no win in this situation.  I cant tell you how many people blame Windows for their own mistakes.  It's more often than not.

First page
1 of 3
Please select a reason for your RED vote:

You may be contacted via Private Message during the investigation of this issue.