• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
ZyXEL 500 Mbps Mini Powerline AV Ethernet Adapter Kit (PLA4201KIT)      for $39,99 after adding promo code on the page of "ZTXOCT2178", ends 10/24.....

Considering you are getting 2 500 MPS adapter for $40.....Theses will not last now that the word is out......

They were on one of the "deal a day" sites a couple weeks back for more and sold out in a couple of hours..... 

Search for the tile or item #  N82E16833181178 ......

Free ship as always no tax to most.......

I love these guys for putting to remote computers that unclutter my "too many" WIFI connections......

Newegg
See Newegg coupons that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

PLA4201KIT
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

ZyXEL PLA4201KIT Mini Powerline Ethernet Adapter Starter Kit - Newegg.com
Disclaimer

$43.90 on Amazon. 4 stars average review.

nuggy said:   ZyXEL 500 Mbps Mini Powerline AV Ethernet Adapter Kit (PLA4201KIT)      for $39,99 after adding promo code on the page of "ZTXOCT2178", ends 10/24.....

Considering you are getting 2 500 MPS adapter for $40.....Theses will not last now that the word is out......

They were on one of the "deal a day" sites a couple weeks back for more and sold out in a couple of hours..... 

Search for the tile or item #  N82E16833181178 ......

Free ship as always no tax to most.......

I love these guys for putting to remote computers that unclutter my "too many" WIFI connections......

Nice deal. Be aware that this 500Mbps kit only has 10/100Mbps RJ-45 port. In other words, the theoretical maximum speed from the kit is 100Mbps instead of 500Mbps.
It is a wast if you want to connect only 2 or even 3 devices with this. But if you want to connect 4 or more devices, you can certainly consider this.

So bad I already order the $29.99 200Mbps kit from D-Link
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833127481 

Great price if it was a 4 port or even a outlet pass through. But for a standard 500 2 pack its a pretty normal sale price.

How does this compare to the tp link

As a product......There is no setup unless you want security......

They run across power lines for  500 to 1000 yards.....(someone would have to be looking for signal across a power line....highly unlikely)

So if you are in a suburb....You may want to setup the security.....

Where I live it is not necessary......

The speed is about twice wireless N but there are no delays and the reliability of connection is stable.....

I can not always say that about wireless connections......

If you are looking to connect a desktop to your network where it is inconvenient to run CAT6.....Not perfect but a decent solution......

I also use this for connection to streaming boxes for remote TV's.....

Fast enough......

I use 6 of these across a 26 device home network as "part" of my solution.....

nuggy said:   As a product......There is no setup unless you want security......

They run across power lines for  500 to 1000 yards.....(someone would have to be looking for signal across a power line....highly unlikely)

The speed is about twice wireless N but there are no delays and the reliability of connection is stable.....

If you are looking to connect a desktop to your network where it is inconvenient to run CAT6.....Not perfect but a decent solution......

Fast enough......

I believe this kit does not provide Gigabit connection. It only has 10/100 RJ45 port.

papajoker said:   
nuggy said:   As a product......There is no setup unless you want security......

Fast enough......

I believe this kit does not provide Gigabit connection. It only has 10/100 RJ45 port.

You do not need a gigabit connection with this technology.....100 MBytes is more than sufficient.....

Still faster than WIFI......

nuggy said:   
papajoker said:   

Fast enough......

You do not need a gigabit connection with this technology.....100 MBytes is more than sufficient.....

Still faster than WIFI......

What I meant was that, it wastes your CAT6 cables... So if you really have a CAT6 setup in the house, you should not buy this kit.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014