• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
One of my orders says 

Your order or a portion of your order is awaiting processing at the warehouse. Please allow 2-5 business days for delivery. If you have questions, please call 866-789-8292 between 8:00 a.m. EST to 11:00 p.m. EST Monday to Friday or 9:00 a.m. EST to 9:00 p.m. EST on Saturdays and Sundays.

The second one says  

Your order or a portion of your order requires some validations in order to complete processing. This may not require contact with you. But if you do receive a message from us, please call us back urgently at 866-456-0575 between 8:00 a.m. EST to 11:00 p.m. EST Monday to Friday or 9:00 a.m. EST to 9:00 p.m. EST on Saturdays and Sundays. Please note delays in reaching back to us will delay shipping timelines.

rated:
econinao said:   didn't work
  Thanks for giving us such a detailed report.

rated:
In for a whole day of drama

rated:
Shipped...LOL. Well hell guess I add another to my collection.

rated:
Ordered 1.
Rep said that I can keep the phone and they prorate it.

rated:
DEALDOM said:   Jessica: Thank you for visiting Sprint. What questions can I answer for you today?
You: I was wondering about the free Samsung Galaxy Victory offer
Jessica: I'll be happy to go over your options with you!
You: ok thanks have a few questions
Jessica: What questions can I answer for you?
You: what will I owe if I immediatly cancl my plan after I recieve my phone?
Jessica: If you're not happy with your plan, device or service within the first 14 days, you can return the device for a full refund of your device.
You: A refund of what exactly, the device is free right?
Jessica: Yes, before taxes.
You: So, hypothetically I will be able to cancel my plan and keep the phone and all I would have to pay is taxes?
Jessica: You will need t o return the device.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      "YOU WILL NEED T  O RETURN THE DEVICE"          

So I have all these questions. Let me see if I can summarize: 1. So if the monthly bill is $45 + tax. And I read the CSR scripts as saying I'll be billed for close to 2 months on the 1st bill. The partial prorated month & the 1st full month. So with cell taxes here at 16.8%. I could be billed for up to $105. If I cancel before the full month starts (I don't understand what date that'll be) can I get a refund of either the partial month or the full month?  2. When I cancel will they blacklist it? Or can I bring it to an BYOSD MVNO? 3. The device is free before taxes. Used to be some state(s) charged tax on MSRP or CarrierSRP. So if SRP is $500 my tax could be $45. So see query #1 My bill could be $150 & end up with a blacklisted phone?

rated:
Thanks OP...ordered online and picked up at a local store. No issues or problems (no ss#) involved with transaction.  The Sprint rep did indicate it seem this phone (Samsung victory) was very popular today.

rated:
zapjb said:   DEALDOM said:   Jessica: Thank you for visiting Sprint. What questions can I answer for you today?
You: I was wondering about the free Samsung Galaxy Victory offer
Jessica: I'll be happy to go over your options with you!
You: ok thanks have a few questions
Jessica: What questions can I answer for you?
You: what will I owe if I immediatly cancl my plan after I recieve my phone?
Jessica: If you're not happy with your plan, device or service within the first 14 days, you can return the device for a full refund of your device.
You: A refund of what exactly, the device is free right?
Jessica: Yes, before taxes.
You: So, hypothetically I will be able to cancel my plan and keep the phone and all I would have to pay is taxes?
Jessica: You will need t o return the device.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      "YOU WILL NEED T  O RETURN THE DEVICE"          

So I have all these questions. Let me see if I can summarize: 1. So if the monthly bill is $45 + tax. And I read the CSR scripts as saying I'll be billed for close to 2 months on the 1st bill. The partial prorated month & the 1st full month. So with cell taxes here at 16.8%. I could be billed for up to $105. If I cancel before the full month starts (I don't understand what date that'll be) can I get a refund of either the partial month or the full month?  2. When I cancel will they blacklist it? Or can I bring it to an BYOSD MVNO? 3. The device is free before taxes. Used to be some state(s) charged tax on MSRP or CarrierSRP. So if SRP is $500 my tax could be $45. So see query #1 My bill could be $150 & end up with a blacklisted phone?

If Sprint csr's can't even give a straight consistent answer then how do you think other people can? Your answer is, wait and see what happens. There's risk involved in this deal in the sense that things may not work out the way you planned.

rated:
In for one, thanks OP. Does anyone know the max size of micro SD card this can accept? I'm finding conflicting answers on the web.

rated:
Looks to be up to 32 gb

rated:
Worked for me.
In for one.
Thanks OP!

rated:
Your order or a portion of your order requires some validations in order to complete processing. This may not require contact with you. But if you do receive a message from us, please call us back urgently at 866-456-0575 between 8:00 a.m. EST to 11:00 p.m. EST Monday to Friday or 9:00 a.m. EST to 9:00 p.m. EST on Saturdays and Sundays. Please note delays in reaching back to us will delay shipping timelines.

rated:
In for one.

rated:
Just to give my experiences here:
- My order for the Victory has been shipped (got tracking number)
- Getting the discount in store requires porting a number
- My friend was able to get the Samsung Galaxy Victory in store which required a manager to override the price since the system was giving them problems. Im not sure if they messed up, but he walked out of there with the active phone without paying a penny for the phone or service - they said his first bill would be in the mail.

rated:
Natecj2 said:   - My friend was able to get the Samsung Galaxy Victory in store which required a manager to override the price since the system was giving them problems. Im not sure if they messed up, but he walked out of there with the active phone without paying a penny for the phone or service - they said his first bill would be in the mail.

This isn't pre-paid service, so your friend's experience is not unusual. Did he ask what happens if he wants to cancel? Or is he planning to keep it, given that he ported a number?

rated:
toriharvey said:   I seriously got a contract from Sprint less than a week ago ... wish I would have seen this previously!
You should be able to cancel the contract since it's so recent. 

rated:
Awesome deal! In for 1. Also, received acknowledgement of FatWallet CashBack within 10 minutes after I order.

rated:
dzer0 said:   
kkmekadba said:   anyone know how to unlock the phone?
Can't unlock a CDMA phone

It has GSM as well. The following specs are from phonearena.Technology

• GSM:

• 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz

• 1700/2100 MHz

rated:
hchen42 said:   Awesome deal! In for 1. Also, received acknowledgement of FatWallet CashBack within 10 minutes after I order.
  So, what would be the Cash Back? hipothetically, $0?
I mean, this is a good question.

rated:
Can you change plan? I went for the $45 plan and didn't know there was no data included. Now I need to change to $60 data plan but the Sprint website said I can't change plan unless I change my phone. WHAT?

rated:
ElGuache said:   
hchen42 said:   Awesome deal! In for 1. Also, received acknowledgement of FatWallet CashBack within 10 minutes after I order.

Ebates has $17.50 back, as mentioned prior in the thread.  I would guess that FW Cash Back would be zero.

rated:
"Not available in your area."

Oh well.

rated:
theblenny said:   "Not available in your area."

Oh well.

huh...... Where Alaska ?

rated:
huh...... Where Alaska ?

I am in Boston Area. No store carries this in 50 Miles..

rated:
I'm in the Boston area too and was told closest store pickup was in RI, so i ordered it online and it's been shipped already.

rated:
theblenny said:   "Not available in your area."

Oh well.

I had the same thing happen to me in the Cleveland area. I was able to order online and ship it to my home though.

rated:
Can i unlocked the phone . I have t mobile

rated:
sherry7 said:   
ElGuache said:   

Ebates has $17.50 back, as mentioned prior in the thread.  I would guess that FW Cash Back would be zero.

Fatwallet reported the following:
Merchant: Sprint.  Purchase amount $0.00.  Cash Back $17.50.  Status is "reported".  Available on Jan 21, 2014.

Now a days, I just click through Fatwallet if the merchant is listed.  If I get Cash Back, great, if not, oh well.  I've received unexpected Cash Back.  For example, and upgrade of DSL/DirecTV/Verizon to Fios got $45 back.  Even though, I didn't pay anything for the equipement and the monthly payment dropped by close to $50.  So this phone Cash Back is great.

rated:
Anyone who got the phone (store pick-up)has tried to cancel the service yet? What did the rep tell you?

rated:
Summarizing to clear the confusion: you have 14 days to "try" the phone out under obligation to return the phone if unsatisfied. Day 15, the device is yours because it's past the return policy. Since there is no contract, you can cancel on day 15 on w/o a penalty.

In short, you'll have 15 days of service as the cost if you want your "free" Sprint phone.

As far as unlocking, I'm not sure this device has a removable (LTE) SIM card slot. If it does, assuming you owned your phone prior to Jan 26, 2013, you would put in the other carrier's SIM and it will ask for an unlock code, which is usually your MSL.

rated:
Why couldn't you, on Day 1, call to cancel just the service?
I.e. Simply say you loved your purchase, and now you no longer want the monthly service? It wouldn't be a return/cancel of the purchase, but just an ending of the no-contract plan.

It seems logical right?

rated:
angel87 said:   Can i unlocked the phone . I have t mobile
  No, you can't, because this is a CDMA phone, which doesn't use a SIM card, and it is locked to the network.
You might, YMMV, lock it to another CDMA company that works with Sprint.
Like Verizon and PagePlus work together. I done that, place a Verizon phone on PagePlus pay as you go.

rated:
YOUR ORDER IS ON THE WAY!

We've shipped your order today. To find out when it will arrive, please review the important order, billing and shipping details below.

To help make your Sprint experience even better, be sure to review the tips and information provided.

Please save a copy of this email for your records

Phone and accessories subTotal: $0.00
Account fee: $0.00
Shipping fee: $0.00
Estimated tax: $0.00
Total : $0.00

Tracking number: 1ZX8W*****690*****
Shipped via: UPS

placed order last night. Let's see what happens

rated:
Now shows OOS. It'll be interesting to see what happens with those of us that got in on this one.

rated:
I confirm OOS, says that on BOTH free units now.

rated:
Called but only for no contract plans.  $60/month same price, same crappy service, phone is not rated well.

rated:
forbin4040 said:   I confirm OOS, says that on BOTH free units now.
  Offcourse has to be , Look at this thread  9000 + Hits

rated:
Whisper724 said:   Why couldn't you, on Day 1, call to cancel just the service?
I.e. Simply say you loved your purchase, and now you no longer want the monthly service? It wouldn't be a return/cancel of the purchase, but just an ending of the no-contract plan.

It seems logical right?

Agreed.. what are they going to do, not refund your money for the phone?

rated:
tiedus said:   Called but only for no contract plans.  $60/month same price, same crappy service, phone is not rated well.
  Why do you say that? It's got 4.3 out of 5 on Best Buy. 4* and over 4* for the two versions I'm able to find on Amazon.

rated:
Whisper724 said:   Why couldn't you, on Day 1, call to cancel just the service?

It seems logical right?

No, because canceling within 14 days requires phone to be returned. You can cancel on Day 15 and if the bill is prorated you will end up paying $23 dollars only otherwise 25.
BTW I received my phone today. It is sealed so I am assuming its not activated yet. My only account says billing will start in 1 day
and yes it is a Dual-Band CDMA phone without a SIM card and cannot be unlocked to work with a GSM network.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014