• Text Only
can this be used on international gsm networks somehow?

happy108 said:   can this be used on international gsm networks somehow?
  No its a CDMA Phone. However it will a nice gift as a multimedia player. In my opinion its better than may generations of IPODS.

Junibutt said:   
Whisper724 said:   Why couldn't you, on Day 1, call to cancel just the service?
I.e. Simply say you loved your purchase, and now you no longer want the monthly service? It wouldn't be a return/cancel of the purchase, but just an ending of the no-contract plan.

It seems logical right?

No, because canceling within 14 days requires phone to be returned. You can cancel on Day 15 and if the bill is prorated you will end up paying $23 dollars only otherwise 25.
BTW I received my phone today. It is sealed so I am assuming its not activated yet. My only account says billing will start in 1 day
and yes it is a Dual-Band CDMA phone without a SIM card and cannot be unlocked to work with a GSM network.

No, the point being you do *not* cancel the order, you just end the no-contract service.  I wasn't thinking stopping the service to be the same as cancelling.  I mean it's not the order that you're cancelling.  You're not asking for any kind of refund.  Is there anything that says you must have the service for any length of time?
   "I only wanted cellphone use for 2 days.  It was great, thank you.  Now, I no longer need/want the monthly service."

editted to add that I feel sorta like a smuck barking about < 45$.  But now it's a curiosity sorta thing.

Junibutt said:    No, because canceling within 14 days requires phone to be returned. You can cancel on Day 15 and if the bill is prorated you will end up paying $23 dollars only otherwise 25.
BTW I received my phone today. It is sealed so I am assuming its not activated yet. My only account says billing will start in 1 day
and yes it is a Dual-Band CDMA phone without a SIM card and cannot be unlocked to work with a GSM network.

I thought that 4G required a SIM? I just got a new LG G2 this week on Verizon and it has an 4G LTE SIM.Or is that only for international use? I thought I read here or on another board that LTE needs a SIM.

Anyway, the issue here is that the phone was free. Certainly if you paid for the phone, you would need to return it to get a refund. But as I said earlier, what are they going to do in this case, refuse to refund your $0? We did not agree to anything which said that there would be a penalty for not returning the phone. I got email with my Sprint account info and phone number right after my shipping notice this morning, so I *do* think it's activated.

I just got an email for my second order saying it was backordered. I'm not going to bother calling about it as I don't really care. Strange that someone who ordered last night had theirs shipped and I placed my 2nd order in the afternoon and it did not.

Whisper724 said:     No, the point being you do *not* cancel the order, you just end the no-contract service.  I wasn't thinking stopping the service to be the same as cancelling.  I mean it's not the order that you're cancelling.  You're not asking for any kind of refund.  Is there anything that says you must have the service for any length of time?
   "I only wanted cellphone use for 2 days.  It was great, thank you.  Now, I no longer need/want the monthly service."

edited to add that I feel sorta like a smuck barking about < 45$.  But now it's a curiosity sorta thing.

I for one am curious to see how crappy Sprint services is at my house. Their maps say "fair", which means it's probably worse than that. But I can accomplish that in a day or two. Then I can call and say that the service in my house is unacceptable.

Junibutt said:    No its a CDMA Phone. However it will a nice gift as a multimedia player. In my opinion its better than may generations of IPODS.
Better than a media player, since you've got all the Android apps that can be used.

Junibutt said:   
Whisper724 said:   Why couldn't you, on Day 1, call to cancel just the service?
I.e. Simply say you loved your purchase, and now you no longer want the monthly service? It wouldn't be a return/cancel of the purchase, but just an ending of the no-contract plan.

It seems logical right?

No, because canceling within 14 days requires phone to be returned. You can cancel on Day 15 and if the bill is prorated you will end up paying $23 dollars only otherwise 25.

These are activated from the jump.

Amusingly, while my shipping confirmation says it was shipped "Overnight: Next Day PM", UPS shows it as 2 Day.

I may keep the box sealed until we get reports on how this is playing out.

I ordered but have not received any email confirmation....where does the email come from @_____.com

order confirmation: noreply@Sprint.com
ship confirmation: websales@Sprint.com

Shipped and what to do next? Cancel the service right after arrival?

jmpjr said:   Since Virgin is CDMA, would this work on their network?
 Since Virgin is owned by Sprint, Sprint does not allow their phones to be used on Virgin. their phones can be used on other Sprint MVNOs.

This phone can be flashed to be used with PagePlus, on the Verizon network, but it cannot be used on Verizon as they only allow their own devices. No flashed devices on Verizon.

It is a CDMa device and cannot be used with At&t, T-Mobile or any of their MVNOs

There are now several MVNO providers using Sprint, but of course you still need good Sprint coverage to use them.

Be careful on opening the package.  If the deal turns out to be a bust and you return the phone there is a restocking fee on opened items.  I am going to try and cancel service before opening the phone.

chesspieceface said:   Be careful on opening the package.  If the deal turns out to be a bust and you return the phone there is a restocking fee on opened items.  I am going to try and cancel service before opening the phone.
Where do you see the restocking fee? None of the chat sessions posted here have mentioned that.

Which reminds me, I've got to clear out the debit card that I used for this purchase.

I must share my experience

Went to pick up the phone, spent an hour, gave them google voice number to port, they spend some time on it, couldnt figure out what to do , gave me the phone and said goodbye

now I don't know whats next, I have the phone and guessing can do with it whatever i want

unless I'm missing something.

"Return it for a refundWe love our products and services, and we think you will, too. With the Sprint Satisfaction Guarantee, you can try your new product for 14 days. If you aren't 100% satisfied with your product, return your device to your original place of purchase, and contact us within 14 days of activation (day 1 of the 14 days starts when the product is activated) to deactivate service or within 14 days of purchase for accessories and devices purchased with no service and Sprint will:

• Refund the device, accessory, notebook, netbook or tablet (collectively refered to as "products") purchase price (as long as the product is complete and undamaged)
  • Waive the Early Termination Fee (ETF) (as long as the product is returned)

You may have to return any product purchased with the service before your account will be canceled. Customers are responsible for all their usage charges (included but not limited to Monthly Rate Charges, add-ons, casual or out-of-plan usage and related taxes and Sprint surcharges). However, if service is canceled within 3 days of activation, the activation/upgrade fee will be refunded.A restocking fee will be charged starting at $35 for devices and $75 for notebooks, netbooks and tablets. If the product is returned in its original unopened packaging or has not been activated, no restocking fee will be applied."

Anyone know if the phone will work with StraightTalk? Does the phone use GSM for LTE?
http://www.straighttalkbyop.com/

how to cancel ? right now or after 14 days? I need to keep the phone of course.

UPdownLoAD said:   Summarizing to clear the confusion: you have 14 days to "try" the phone out under obligation to return the phone if unsatisfied. Day 15, the device is yours because it's past the return policy. Since there is no contract, you can cancel on day 15 on w/o a penalty.

In short, you'll have 15 days of service as the cost if you want your "free" Sprint phone.

As far as unlocking, I'm not sure this device has a removable (LTE) SIM card slot. If it does, assuming you owned your phone prior to Jan 26, 2013, you would put in the other carrier's SIM and it will ask for an unlock code, which is usually your MSL.

That information seems to be wrong. People at SD's are canceling their service before they even receive the phone and are being told they owe $0 and some are being told they owe a little over $3 for two days of service.

My phone was just delivered, don't know if i should open the box yet or wait to see what happens with other people. Any ideas?

Hi, were you able to cancel service and keep device?

just4me2 said:   Hi, were you able to cancel service and keep device?

Call to cancel right now. I have one being delivered today and I'm waiting to have it in hand before I call. One person at that other forum said they were told the csr was going to try to intercept the package and have it sent back since they canceled.

Just called the 855-319-4426 for pre-paid cancellation. I havent even gotten my phone yet, however its due to arrive on Monday and
has shipped. Operator said nothing about returning phone, in fact, that didnt even come up. Balance of $0. I was asked why i wanted to cancel
and just said the reception is bad at my house, im going with another provider.

Hopefully, I get the phone, but i took the chance because i wanted to see what happens by cancelling before receiving.

Edit:

Thank you for contacting Sprint. It was my pleasure serving you today. We’re so happy you picked us, now we want to make sure you’re happy with this experience.

• Deactivation: Your deactivation request will be effective 10/25/2013 for phone number XXXXXXXXXX.

If for any reason your issue has not been fully resolved, we’d like to hear from you. Your voice is extremely important in understanding how we can improve our overall customer experience. By replying to this email, we will ensure your comments are noted and any unresolved issues are addressed. To better assist you, please provide your account number and mobile number in your email reply.

Don't forget, sprint.com   self-service options give you an easy and convenient way to manage your account online.

• Click here   to learn about your phone, your phone's features or performance.

Thank you for choosing Sprint. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you in the future.

Sincerely,

Rosalinde

Lappie, you probably want to watch the tracking and make sure they do not recall it. Mine is being delivered today, I will try it before calling to cancel. I wonder how late they are open?

M-F 7-10 SAT and SUN 8-8-All Central Time
1 866 789 8292

For those who receives phone, did UPS leaves the phone at doorstep if no one home?
Mine is scheduled for delivery but I am at work.

billrubin said:   Lappie, you probably want to watch the tracking and make sure they do not recall it. Mine is being delivered today, I will try it before calling to cancel. I wonder how late they are open?

Yep. I will.  I really dont care if i get the phone or not.  Ive come to realize that some of the things i do from FW are just to see if "i can get away with it."

just got my phone, it's pretty nice, LTE SIM is embedded so no chance to unlock GSM portion. also GSM is not one of the options in "netowork mode"  options so probably no GSM radio there in the first place. Anyways nice media device and also will probably use it on a different Sprint line. most likely will cancel tomorrow. Anyone else already got the phone and already canceled?

just4me2 said:   My phone was just delivered, don't know if i should open the box yet or wait to see what happens with other people. Any ideas?
    Don't do it !  j/k keep it sealed if your can resist it....otherwise go ahead and open it because the worst that can happen is you end up paying $$ for prorated service.  Not the end of the world.

Just cancelled, i owe $3.25 and nothing was said about the phone

snova168 said:   For those who receives phone, did UPS leaves the phone at doorstep if no one home?
Mine is scheduled for delivery but I am at work.

Yes mine was left on front porch

just4me2 said:     Yes mine was left on front porch

Thanks, Just4me2. This save me a trip back home waiting.

Lappie said:   Just called the 855-319-4426 for pre-paid cancellation. I havent even gotten my phone yet, however its due to arrive on Monday and
has shipped. Operator said nothing about returning phone, in fact, that didnt even come up. Balance of $0. I was asked why i wanted to cancel
and just said the reception is bad at my house, im going with another provider.

Hopefully, I get the phone, but i took the chance because i wanted to see what happens by cancelling before receiving.

Edit:

Thank you for contacting Sprint. It was my pleasure serving you today. We’re so happy you picked us, now we want to make sure you’re happy with this experience.

• Deactivation: Your deactivation request will be effective 10/25/2013 for phone number XXXXXXXXXX.

If for any reason your issue has not been fully resolved, we’d like to hear from you. Your voice is extremely important in understanding how we can improve our overall customer experience. By replying to this email, we will ensure your comments are noted and any unresolved issues are addressed. To better assist you, please provide your account number and mobile number in your email reply.

Don't forget, sprint.com    self-service options give you an easy and convenient way to manage your account online.

• Click here    to learn about your phone, your phone's features or performance.

Thank you for choosing Sprint. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you in the future.

Sincerely,

Rosalinde

Thanks for the cancellation number and the advice Lappie! I ordered two phones, both arrived today and both were successfully cancelled today. No mention of having to return the device, as it never came up. Account balance was $0, but was told if there is any usage charges, they will send a bill via mail. but for 2 days of activation, shouldn't be more than $3. Good luck to others who got on this deal!!!

snova168 said:   
just4me2 said:     Yes mine was left on front porch

Thanks, Just4me2. This save me a trip back home waiting.

Your welcome and good luck

Just got my phone delivered and cancelling over the phone was very fast. They did ask why I was cancelling and tried and keep me as a customer, but it wasnt a hard sell in any way. Total balance due is $0.00.

"Your deactivation request will be effective 11/24/2013" - Did I do something wrong and not get my service cancelled right away?

Cancelled this morning, less than a 10 minute call. Phone arrived 20 minutes ago and I've had the phone registered on ring+ for more than 10 minutes.

Awesome deal, ty op.

Natecj2 said:   Just got my phone delivered and cancelling over the phone was very fast. They did ask why I was cancelling and tried and keep me as a customer, but it wasnt a hard sell in any way. Total balance due is $0.00.

"Your deactivation request will be effective 11/24/2013" - Did I do something wrong and not get my service cancelled right away?

That's strange, i called and cancellation was in effect immediately, the csr said i owed $3.25 and that was it. I would check on that, sounds like your going to be billed for one months service.Is your phone activated? Mine was not, although it keeps prompting me to activate.

call Sprint to cancel the prepaid plan, but rep said you must return the phone after the cancellation. Otherwise, you will get a bill for $350 for the full price of phone.

What is wrong?

ciber said:   call Sprint to cancel the prepaid plan, but rep said you must return the phone after the cancellation. Otherwise, you will get a bill for $350 for the full price of phone.

What is wrong?

Sounds like the rep was confusing it with a normal plan, or something just changed.

just4me2 said:     That's strange, i called and cancellation was in effect immediately, the csr said i owed $3.25 and that was it. I would check on that, sounds like your going to be billed for one months service.Is your phone activated? Mine was not, although it keeps prompting me to activate.

Did you pay the $3.25 over the phone or will you get a bill?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014