• Text Only
Sprint cancellations dept has told me that all cancellations, including prepaid, within the 14 day return period will receive a phone return kit in the mail if purchased online, or a return code if purchased in the store. If the phone is not sent in by the due date, the account will be charged the full list price of the phone. I said I wanted to keep the device, and was told I must wait 14 days to cancel. Since the account was automatically activated on the delivery date, that charge would be prorated to about half of the monthly service fee of $45...

billrubin said:   
just4me2 said:     That's strange, i called and cancellation was in effect immediately, the csr said i owed $3.25 and that was it. I would check on that, sounds like your going to be billed for one months service.Is your phone activated? Mine was not, although it keeps prompting me to activate.
  Did you pay the $3.25 over the phone or will you get a bill?

The csr said i will get the bill in the mail

marty628 said:   Sprint cancellations dept has told me that all cancellations, including prepaid, within the 14 day return period will receive a phone return kit in the mail if purchased online, or a return code if purchased in the store. If the phone is not sent in by the due date, the account will be charged the full list price of the phone. I said I wanted to keep the device, and was told I must wait 14 days to cancel. Since the account was automatically activated on the delivery date, that charge would be prorated to about half of the monthly service fee of $45...
  Wow the guy i spoke with didn't mention the phone at all

just4me2 said:   
marty628 said:   Sprint cancellations dept has told me that all cancellations, including prepaid, within the 14 day return period will receive a phone return kit in the mail if purchased online, or a return code if purchased in the store. If the phone is not sent in by the due date, the account will be charged the full list price of the phone. I said I wanted to keep the device, and was told I must wait 14 days to cancel. Since the account was automatically activated on the delivery date, that charge would be prorated to about half of the monthly service fee of $45...

While they were entering the cancellation into the system, they said, oh by the way, you'll get a phone return kit in the mail. I said, hold it, what? Then asked for all the details -- the CSR conferred with a supervisor and came back with what I wrote above...

marty628 said:   
just4me2 said:   

While they were entering the cancellation into the system, they said, oh by the way, you'll get a phone return kit in the mail. I said, hold it, what? Then asked for all the details -- the CSR conferred with a supervisor and came back with the details...

Well if i get the kit i guess i'll have to return the phone, I've already cancelled so it's too late to go back for 14 days. Will post what happens next.

So it seems like according to their rules, the phone comes with a commitment of about $22.50 and then the phone is yours to keep. The initial bill is $45 and you should get back a credit for half when you cancel, ymmv. You can try to cancel early and wait to see if the phone return kit comes in the mail, and then reactivate it for the 14 days...

Update: It looks like the initial charge for the first bill is $58.52, so we're talking 30% taxes and fees for Sprint. So with a prorated credit after 14 days service, the bill will be about $29 -- according to Sprint, some taxes and fees are not prorated. Still worth it for the phone, but not by any means free.
Some are cancelling early, and are hoping to not get the return kit in the mail, or not get hit with the full phone price.
Another option from the other site is to port your number out and get cancelled that way, which would also allow you to keep the phone without issue.
Good luck...

Got my phone today, call the number to cancel. I specifically said I wanted to stop my "pay as you go" plan.

I was sent to cancellation dept. Very soft sell of "Does anyone else maybe want to keep the plan?" I said no of course. Then he mentioned the cancellation was good timing since my next billing period started tomorrow (I was suppose to receive the phone tonight, so I gather the first billing day is the first day you could "use" the phone). He said I was paid up, so there was nothing else I needed to do.

Way easier than I expected. And nice phone too!

just4me2 said:   
marty628 said:   
just4me2 said:   

While they were entering the cancellation into the system, they said, oh by the way, you'll get a phone return kit in the mail. I said, hold it, what? Then asked for all the details -- the CSR conferred with a supervisor and came back with the details...

Well if i get the kit i guess i'll have to return the phone, I've already cancelled so it's too late to go back for 14 days. Will post what happens next.

Should that happen? Here what we can do
-Reactivate the number
-Wait 14 days
-Then call again for deactivation

BTW Sprint has updated the price of the phone to $99 on their website. I guess someone realized the price mistake.

QuyenN said:   
just4me2 said:   
marty628 said:   
just4me2 said:   

Should that happen? Here what we can do
-Reactivate the number
-Wait 14 days
-Then call again for deactivation

Yes i suppose we could do that, i'm hoping some of us slipped through and won't have to return the phone, it's a waiting game now.

Is there any app that you can use this phone to make phone calls via wifi? I plan to cancel the service after 14 days. Any suggestions.

netzapian said:   Is there any app that you can use this phone to make phone calls via wifi? I plan to cancel the service after 14 days. Any suggestions.
  Groove IP lite

just4me2 said:   M-F 7-10 SAT and SUN 8-8-All Central Time
1 866 789 8292

This is apparently not true as I just called and their offices are closed!

Sorry but those are the hours the csr gave me, note they are central time

Got the phone today, call and cancelled. No problema. Was on hold for 15 min. Did not ask to return phone. Time will tell if i have to pay more then the two days from activation.

i opened up the phone, the board is very clean and empty. No glued on sim card and the sd card reader is not like the note 2 or s2

just4me2 said:   Sorry but those are the hours the csr gave me, note they are central time
I know, which should have been 11pm eastern time, and they were closed at 10:30pm eastern.

BTW, as I feared, service is poor at my house, barely one bar.

snova168 said:   For those who receives phone, did UPS leaves the phone at doorstep if no one home?
Mine is scheduled for delivery but I am at work.

Yes. They did leave at the doorstep.

Cancelled the service. The CS told I might have to return the phone, she is not sure about the charges if I don't return.

Took me nearly 30 minutes on the phone. Customer service said they'd be sending me a kit to send the phone back. I explained I was just cancelling the pay as you go service and that I wanted the phone for when I decide to reactivate the service. The agent looked into it and said that was fine because the contract could be terminated at any time. She said I did not show any balance on my account. We'll wait and see if any strange bills show up later, but it looks like the phone is mine.

My phone is still active, even after cancellation about an hour ago. Hmm.. do I need to call them again? I received confirmation email on deactivation, but able to use it bothers me..

geewitz123 said:   My phone is still active, even after cancellation about an hour ago. Hmm.. do I need to call them again? I received confirmation email on deactivation, but able to use it bothers me..

Looks like I have to call again. I called three times yesterday and was told each time that they couldn't cancel the service now and it would be canceled on 11/24 but other people are having no problem getting the service canceled now. Now my online profile shows an amount of $58.52 due on 11/17. I knew something was wrong yesterday because I didn't receive the deactivation confirmation email like other people were. Now I see why people say Sprint customer service sucks.

Edit: Just entered my info on a site to port my number over to Page Plus for free so it forcefully closes the Sprint account now. I'll call Sprint on 11/24 and tell them they need to issue a credit for any amount owed since the usage will be 0 and I wanted the account closed on 10/25 and not 11/24.

2nd edit: To avoid this, I think you need to call Sprint to cancel the day before your phone is scheduled for delivery when your online profile says "New usage starts in 1 day" but you risk them intercepting the delivery and not getting the phone. I thought there might be a problem if I waited until the phone was in my hand and the next billing period started. I was right.

Thanks!

I'm on the phone with them now. They say I have to send back the phone and are sending a return kit. Not worth $22.50 to keep it so I'll just send it back. 

She did say that she could get them to send some piece of equipment for free to boost the signal in my house, but I told her not to bother.

Update: she's insisting on getting one of their tech people on the phone to verify the crappy service in my area so I don't have to pay the restocking fee!!! She earlier confirmed that if I kept it for a half month I'd be able to keep the phone and only pay $22.50 but it's really not worth it.

billrubin said:   I'm on the phone with them now. They say I have to send back the phone and are sending a return kit. Not worth $22.50 to keep it so I'll just send it back. 

She did say that she could get them to send some piece of equipment for free to boost the signal in my house, but I told her not to bother.

Update: she's insisting on getting one of their tech people on the phone to verify the crappy service in my area so I don't have to pay the restocking fee!!! She earlier confirmed that if I kept it for a half month I'd be able to keep the phone and only pay $22.50 but it's really not worth it.

Hang up and call back, hopefully with someone less formidable...

marty628 said:   Hang up and call back, hopefully with someone less formidable...
  Not worth it, since she had already processed the return kit. She did come back and confirm that they had poor service in my area.

billrubin said:   
marty628 said:   Hang up and call back, hopefully with someone less formidable...
  Not worth it, since she had already processed the return kit. She did come back and confirm that they had poor service in my area.

Sorry to hear it...

billrubin said:   

Why wouldn't it be worth it, a $300+ item for $22.5 seems like a steal? Did you receive both the LG and Galaxy or only one so far?

it's a great smart-phone.
Have been using it with data plan for 2 days now.
Planning to cancel after 14 days, though.

Talki said:   it's a great smart-phone.
Have been using it with data plan for 2 days now.
Planning to cancel after 14 days, though.

Ido not think we can get away with half month charges. I called to remove the plan a day after it was activated with no usage. I was told that it will be deactivated after a month.

I received my phone on Thu. Called in and have it canceled on Sat. It went very smooth.

Remember to asked for a confirmation email when you cancel the service!

Today I tried to sign up an online account on Sprint's website (which requires your phone number, or account number, or serial number) to see if there will be any charge to be posted on my account. It wouldn't allow and shows this message "Device is not active or cancelled".

It could be one way to check if your service has been deactivated or not.

try wirelessworkshop.com to flash to Pageplus or other carrier

I will explain my experience for anyone that it may help:

1. I cancelled the Sprint account the same day I received the device. Told them the signal was not good enough for me.
2. I activated the device on ringplus. Very easy to do and ringplus flashes the device.
3. I removed the device from ringplus and called to reactivate the phone with Sprint due to return the device requirement for cancelling within 14days, but was told to go into the Sprint store to do so.
4. Manager at Sprint store was unable to activate the device on to the Sprint network and asked if I had flashed the phone with another carrier. I told him yes, and he said the phone cannot be returned to Sprint service and that I may keep the phone. He suggested I buy a new phone if I wanted to return to Sprint. I said I will look for a deal on the phones and get one later and walked out the store.
5. I called the Sprint number 855-319-4426 for pre-paid cancellation and confirmed what the manager told me was true. Agent confirmed that I may keep the device and the balance was $0.

Good luck to others!!

Cancelled my phone last week and it just arrived in the mail. LOL.

You may also try Ting . It only works with a list of devices from Sprint. The Galaxy Victory is one of them. They are more like pay as you go plan. $6 monthly fee plus whatever usage buckets you fall into. Dont need to flash your phone. Only takes a factory reset. 

**Inactive device only**

they keep telling me that I need to return to a store ? any way around?

I guess
you should reactivate the service for one month.My inclination would have been to just bite the bullet and pay for one month of service

master4g said:   they keep telling me that I need to return to a store ? any way around?
  Why are you asking them any question about phone? Just ask to cancel the service. Don't even bring up the phone topic. You paid $0 towards phone. It is a no obligation transaction and it is over.  If there are unforeseen charges, I would start a dispute the transaction with the help of the credit card company. Anyways, this is what I am doing..

I called today to cancel, and when they asked me for the reason, I said "because I didn't realize that I still had two more months on my contract on my other cell phone" then I said, I want to cancel the To Go plan, but I will reactive it in about two months when I'm done with my other plan. Since I order two phones, one with my wifes name, on hers, the CSR asked if I wanted to stay on the vacations plan to keep it active, and I said "No, I will reactive it when I get out of the other contract". Neither one asked me to return the phone. Since I never used the phones at all, I asked both of them before hanging up, if I had a balance, and both said $0.

Just got my bill today. I owe $3.36.
Bill dates from 24-25 so two days.
Already activated the device with Ring+.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014