• Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Sprint has free phone that does not require contract. You can cancel any time you your service and you keep free phone/phones. Free is better any day http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/s...Tab5560001 

Sprint
Need a Sprint coupon that earns Up to $125.00 FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Samsung Galaxy Victory
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
BYOD plans showing $9.99? Are those free account gone?

wtfu (Dec. 10, 2013 @ 1:58p) |

anyone successfully activate this phone on a SERO plan?

zuma (Jan. 25, 2014 @ 5:33p) |

Is there any way to take care of this online via email or chat? I have bills for 2 phones (which I've ignored until now ... (more)

billrubin (Feb. 08, 2014 @ 8:04p) |

Sprint has free phone that does not require contract. You can cancel your service any time and you keep free phone/phones. Free is better any day

http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/s...Tab5560001  

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Screen Shot of price
Disclaimer
Where do you see the no contract price? I only see free after contract. Plus I couldn't get your link to work.

Below is the link

http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/shop/phone_details.jsp?prodId=dvc6960004prd&deviceSKUId=69600014&flow=AAL&planSKUId=&ptn=&tabId=dvcTab5560001

sauceyapple said:   Where do you see the no contract price? I only see free after contract. Plus I couldn't get your link to work.

http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/shop/phone_details.jsp?prodId=dv...

Price showing "0"
Disclaimer
Please see the screen shot showing price as "0" and no contract

Oh I see, I was looking in the contract area, not prepaid. Thanks.

It looks that in order to complete checkout you need to pay for one month ($45).

in 4 1. thnx op

curious - can one use this as simply a free media player? Clearly I'm missing something.

This is a no brainer, in for one

ff.fahimi said:   curious - can one use this as simply a free media player? Clearly I'm missing something.

Yes exactly why I bought it, best mp3 player money can buy in my opinion

ff.fahimi said:   curious - can one use this as simply a free media player? Clearly I'm missing something.
  You should be able too. I do not have android phone but I use an android box for iptv that has a media player as well.
When I was ordering this phone, I also saw iphone 4 preowned for $99. That's another option if your looking for a media player.

Anyone know how to flash this phone to Pageplus?

anyone know how to unlock the phone?

Edited and removed

Junibutt said:   Dont forget the $36 activation fee.

Activation fee $36.00 - $36.00 = $0.00  Waived  

kkmekadba said:   anyone know how to unlock the phone?
Can't unlock a CDMA phone

sauceyapple said:   Oh I see, I was looking in the contract area, not prepaid. Thanks.

It looks that in order to complete checkout you need to pay for one month ($45).

Well, it did not charge anything, however it says, your monthly fee will be $45/mo. So I am assuming it is a not pay as you go phone, its simply a no-contract phone but one will have to cancel service once phone is received otherwise will keep on getting billed $45/mo. I think the first bill would be once the phone is activated, hopefully they don't send is pre-activated because I simply want to use it as an MP3 player and for web-browsing via WiFi unless that has been blocked as well.

THANKS OP - Green for you!

No contract, no Joke, Enjoy wireless freedom with no contract, no long-term commitment with Sprint As You Go.
http://www.sprint.com/landings/asyougo/index.html 

Awesome, thank you OP!

$45 plan includes unlimited calling and texts but zero data. $60 for unlimited data included plan.

I'm sure few buyers are getting it to use as a cell anyway.

Am I missing something -- this phone says it does not have this feature:

"Entertainment
Your phone doubles as your personal portable TV, radio or MP3 player."

Megan: Thank you for visiting Sprint. What questions can I answer for you today?

You: hi

You: Samsung Galaxy Victory™ 4G LTE - As You Go

You: you have for $0

Megan: Please allow me a moment to confirm.

You: sure

You: http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/shop/phone_details.jsp?prodId&eq...

Megan: Thank you for your patience.

Megan: Yes, you are correct.

You: but do I need to pay once it arrive !

Megan: You will need to pay the device cost online, before the device is delivered.

You: but it says Final Price &eq; 0.00

You: Agreement 0 Yrs

Megan: If the amount due with your order is $0.00, your card will be authorized, but not charged as part of the purchase process.

Megan: Your card will need to have an available balance of at least $1.00. For the security of your order the card will be authorized but not charged.

You: Ok but when phone arrive and its a non-contract phone , I can just keep it ?

You: how it will work

You: what is catch

Megan: Please allow me to provide you with the details.

You: sure

You: thanks

Megan: Please note you can keep the device once you have paid the first bill.

Megan: You can expect to receive your first bill within one week of signing up for Sprint service. Your first bill will contain partial-monthly charges, starting from your first day of service. It will also include your next full month in advance.

You: first bill of how many $$$$, since its a non-contract phone ?

Megan: Please note the bill details will be available during the checkout process.

You: hmmm ok thanks for info.

Verified with Sprint - phone comes pre-activated.

$17.50 CB on pay as you go phones thru e-bates.

When I go to checkout, I see the $45 monthly fee. If I want to get this phone as a backup and not actually use the service, how can I get the $45 fee out of the cart? Or will I not get charged that fee if I don't use the phone when I get it?

There is a Activation Discount of $150.00
web only switch & save  $99.99

If you dont activate & dont switch your number , they are hold your credit card for $1 for now & they can charge back these amount on your card.

My two cents

I'm in! Had to put it in my cart and then re-enter thru ebates, so we'll see if that works. Used a rebate debit card, I'll have to empty it out now just in case something goes wrong.

vijujoshi said:   There is a Activation Discount of $150.00
web only switch & save  $99.99

If you dont activate & dont switch your number , they are hold your credit card for $1 for now & they can charge back these amount on your card.

My two cents

They prompt you to either change your number or get a new one. The price does not change if you choose to get a new number.

Sprint Employee: Thank you for visiting Sprint. What questions can I answer for you today?
You: These Sprint as you go phones are free with activation and a minimum of $45 monthly. Is there a cost to cancel the monthly contract?
Sprint Employee: I'd be glad to assist you with the Sprint phones.
Sprint Employee: The pay as you go phones are available at different prices on different models.
Sprint Employee: All of them are not free.
Sprint Employee: Here's a link to a new window where you can view our current No Contract devices. Please Click Here to see the page.
Sprint Employee: There is no activation charges for the pay as you go phones.
You: two of them are. my specific question is: is there a cost to cancel the contract?
Sprint Employee: There is no cost to cancel the pay as you go plans as they are without contract.
You: so if I order a free Samsung galaxy Victory, and cancel the contract once I get it, there is no penalty whatsoever?
Sprint Employee: There will not be any penalty for it.
You: Okay, thanks Sprint Employee. Have a great day.
Sprint Employee: You're welcome.
Sprint Employee: I'd be happy to help you through the next few pages of the order process, okay?
You: I haven't decided if i want to order anything yet. Thanks, though.
Sprint Employee: I recommend to get the online savings promotion for your order as soon as possible.
Sprint Employee: Are there any other questions I can assist you with?
You: Does the wifi still work on the as you go phone if the contract is cancelled?
Sprint Employee: Yes, the WiFi is a phone feature.
You: So the wifi is not blocked if the network coverage is cancelled?
Sprint Employee: The WiFi is a phone features. If you cancel the services, it will nto make any affect to the WiFi.
Sprint Employee: The WiFi feature of the phone phone is an independent feature like the bluetooth and it does not require plan.
You: excellent.
Sprint Employee: Are there any other questions I can assist you with?
You: Regarding these pay as you go phones, would it be possible to get two of them?
Sprint Employee: Yes, it is possible to apply for two pay as you go phones with two plans.
You: With each phone being free?
Sprint Employee: Yes, each pay as you go phone require a pay as you go plan.
You: If I order a pay as you go phone, does it arrive pre-activated?
Sprint Employee: Yes, it will arrive pre-activated.
Sprint Employee: You will receive a bill each month.
You: Okay, thanks for the information.
Sprint Employee: If you like to chat with us later, please feel free to chat with us again between the hours of 5:00 AM & 11:00 PM PST, Monday through Friday and 6:00 AM to 10:00 PM PST, Saturday and Sunday.
Sprint Employee: Simply click on the ‘Chat’ option located on our site in the top right-hand corner, and one of our agents will be there to assist you.
You: Excellent. Thank you.
Sprint Employee: Are there any additional questions I can help with today?
You: At this time I just need to ponder things.
Sprint Employee: Thank you for visiting www.sprint.com .
Sprint Employee: We value your opinion and would appreciate if you can take a moment to respond to a brief survey about your chat experience. Click Here To Start The Survey.
Sprint Employee: My name is Sprint Employee and it has been a pleasure assisting you. Have a great day.
You: Thank you, Sprint Employee. Have a great day!

Hope it work for you guys.

"The price does not change if you choose to get a new number." So you need to activate that new number to get the discount I guess .

Or The Company just giving away the phones for FREE (or may be I am missing something)

Sprint Employee: You will receive a bill each month. This line scares me most

vijujoshi said:   Sprint Employee: You will receive a bill each month. This line scares me most
  Because you are signing up for a $45 or $60 monthly service is why.  Once you cancel, it's done.  It's going to cost you at least $45 for the phone, I imagine.  However, they may prorate the service if you cancel immediately.  I didn't ask.

eeddings said:   
vijujoshi said:   Sprint Employee: You will receive a bill each month. This line scares me most
  Because you are signing up for a $45 or $60 monthly service is why.  Once you cancel, it's done.  It's going to cost you at least $45 for the phone, I imagine.  However, they may prorate the service if you cancel immediately.  I didn't ask.

Oh ok . Thanks.

Could not add it in cart, had to reserve a time to pick up in store.

I wonder if I can use this on my regular contract line. I just lost my phone and in desperate need of decent phone.

Gotta be a price mistake, but hoping it ships!

Thanks OP.

You have to create a new contract.

fallenheart said:   I wonder if I can use this on my regular contract line. I just lost my phone and in desperate need of decent phone.
  Seems you have to buy a no contract plan with phone. You can probably use the phone for a month, cancel the plan, then switch to your contract plan.

I just tried and could still add it.

Skipping 238 Messages...
wtfu said:   got a bill of $7.31 today from Sprint. Chatted with a staff. He waived the unpaid balance
Is there any way to take care of this online via email or chat? I have bills for 2 phones (which I've ignored until now but would like to clear up). One is $9.13 for a phone I cancelled and actually sent back, which should be completely zeroed out. The one one I posted to Ting but I never got credited for the month that I had been pre-billed. I haven't paid either bill but would like to get rid of them. I'd be happy to pay a few dollars for the phone I actually kept.

NM found the chat button at the top of the page.

Update - went 1 for 2. First rep told me she would zero out the account (on the phone that I had cancelled service on and was forced to send back). Second rep told me she could not handle pre-paid accounts and that I'd have to call!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014